2014 LEGO Star Wars AT-AP Walker Set

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2014 LEGO Star Wars AT-AP Walker Set

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:49 am

The 2014 AT-AP LEGO Star Wars Walker set was unveiled this morning at the San Diego Comic Con. This new version will be priced at $69.99 US and contains 717 pieces. As for minifigures, there will be 5 including a new Commander Gree, a new Wookie and three droids (regular, commander, super). Available March 2014. (via Brothers Brick and Groove Bricks)

It wasn't too long when they had the older version. For your information, the 2008 AT-AP Walker 7671 version one was priced at $39.99 US and had 392 pieces. Two minifigures (Red Shock Clone Trooper) were included. Aside from the price and the minifigures (and maybe some slight adjustments and details), are there any other notable differences?

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/2014-lego-star-w ... alker-set/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

LegoFanTexas
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: 2014 LEGO Star Wars AT-AP Walker Set

Post by LegoFanTexas » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:16 pm

ARe there notable differences?

Well, yea... the new one has three legs for starters! :) It is also just shy of double the part count and triple the minifig count...

slimninj4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by slimninj4 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:25 pm

LegoFanTexas wrote:ARe there notable differences?

Well, yea... the new one has three legs for starters! :) It is also just shy of double the part count and triple the minifig count...
First one had three legs too. It folds up.

ben9996
I'm New !

Post by ben9996 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:37 pm

I'm interested in the minifigures but $70 is absurd. I don't see how it has 700 parts either. It's very similar in size to the original which only had 400. It looks like a good set but unless I can find it discounted to around $50, I'll have to pass on this one.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:38 pm

The older one or half the cost looks fine to me. Now sure where the 700 pieces are, or why this set of all the Star Wars ones needed to be redone.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:09 pm

ben9996 wrote:I'm interested in the minifigures but $70 is absurd. I don't see how it has 700 parts either. It's very similar in size to the original which only had 400. It looks like a good set but unless I can find it discounted to around $50, I'll have to pass on this one.
I agree completely. Although the piece count is decent I don't like it well enough for that price. I've had to seriously step back and reconsider my LEGO collection. I now only collect a select few LEGO star wars minifigures
... essentials... Luke, Leia, Ben, Darth Vader, Chewie, Han, a small variety of different stormtroopers (suppose I need to pick up the boba Fett as well. Also I really like the new Leia in Boussh disguise if I can find affordable price on ebay. I also had to get a Wampa and Tauntaun of course.
Its hard limiting myself but I'm starting to wonder how many more years the Star Wars line will be continued... and figures will be redone and made to look even better... I can't keep up with it.

... affordable favs from clone wars like Cad Bane, Asoka, Anakin, Saesee Tiin, and a select few variety of clone troopers. I REALLY want Aayla Secura but I refuse to pay over $12 for her. I really wish they would include her again in a future set.

Collecting collectible minifigures, DC superheroes, Star Wars and others... the numbers just pile up so quickly but I do enjoy it so.

willb2064
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by willb2064 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:50 pm

I like the new one better but not $30 better. I also can't see where the extra 300 pieces are compared to the original..

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:32 pm

I'm waiting for better pics of the new chewy figure. I did a search and didn't come up with much. I'm sure we will be able to see more tomorrow.

I'm expecting to want to pick up the new upgraded wookie figure, but I know we will get him in other sets. This one doesn't appeal to me.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:06 am

Thank you for the comparison because it made me realize wow they can really squeeze in a lot of small parts (what else explains the huge difference in elements?) to jack up the piece count without really giving us more (sorry but I don't count battle droids as figs proper), seemingly just to raise the price substantially and point to the element count as justification using our own standards. Clever. I'm glad we haven't seen a lot of this though or maybe I'm just not paying close enough attention.

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:40 am

Soooo many Clone wars remakes lately. But, I am glad to see this one in particular all the same because I wanted two of the original for my Clone army but never bit the bullet.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Isn't this a good news for collectors who missed out this AT-AP at 2008? Even the new one would be at higher MSRP, I rather not grab the first version from secondary market. Nice to see all the recent re-released Star Wars movie sets.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:52 pm

I'm glad I picked up the older version... I prefer it much better to this new one... I agree with the others.. where are the 300 extra pieces.... it almost looks like it should have fewer. I also agree that I don't consider droids as Minifigs, and prefer Clone Troopers over droids.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.