Any sets coming for new Thor movie?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Any sets coming for new Thor movie?

Post by skeet318 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:21 pm

Anybody heard anything? Seems like a winner with so many Asgardians who could be mini'd. Heck there is even a show about SHIELD this fall!

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Re: Any sets coming for new Thor movie?

Post by BrickGarurumon » Fri May 31, 2013 5:33 pm

skeet318 wrote:Anybody heard anything? Seems like a winner with so many Asgardians who could be mini'd. Heck there is even a show about SHIELD this fall!
I don't think so. :sad:

skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by skeet318 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:49 am

Well....it is a movie that will be released in the 4th quarter of the year like the new Hobbit movie. Milk that Marvel license, Lego!

LewaLAZ
I'm New !

Post by LewaLAZ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:12 pm

I would hope they make sets for each of the new Marvel movies.

I'm kind of disappointed with the current Thor and Captain America minifigs. I feel the Thor one should have darker hair and detail on his hammer. Cap needs a complete redesign. His exposed face is also so tan, where it needs to be more like the exclusive comic book style ones (the one that came with the also rare comic book iron man).

Hopefully The Dark World and The Winter Soldier brings good Lego stuff. :up:

skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by skeet318 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:00 am

LewaLAZ wrote:I would hope they make sets for each of the new Marvel movies.

I'm kind of disappointed with the current Thor and Captain America minifigs. I feel the Thor one should have darker hair and detail on his hammer. Cap needs a complete redesign. His exposed face is also so tan, where it needs to be more like the exclusive comic book style ones (the one that came with the also rare comic book iron man).

Hopefully The Dark World and The Winter Soldier brings good Lego stuff. :up:
I'll go to CT with torches and pitchforks if Lego skimps us on Guardians of the Galaxy. Everybody needs a Rocket Raccoon minifigure!

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:35 pm

skeet318 wrote:Anybody heard anything? Seems like a winner with so many Asgardians who could be mini'd. Heck there is even a show about SHIELD this fall!
I was wondering if they would make a set tied to the SHIELD show and another tied to the (Green) Arrow show with Deathstroke or Merlyn or Huntress or Deadshot? The super-hero line seems to be selling well.

soulless_minion
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by soulless_minion » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:32 pm

I hope we do get some stuff for Thor 2, I'd love to see minifigs for Lady Sif and the Warriors Three.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:09 pm

I don't think we will, but a set or two might not be out of the question. However Thor isn't Superman, Batman or Iron Man, he's just not popular.

And the SHIELD show just got picked up, not enough time to get sets out for it.

skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by skeet318 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:I don't think we will, but a set or two might not be out of the question. However Thor isn't Superman, Batman or Iron Man, he's just not popular.

I would nt underestimate Thor's popularity. He did get a sequel with a big budget and the exposure from the Avengers movie didn't hurt either. Having Chris Hemsworth protray you helps, too. Which would you say is a bigger risk: Lone Ranger or Thor 2?

I'd say Lone Ranger, the first Thor movie made 450 million. Its has a proven market. If Lone Ranger tanks, Thor might have to aid in making up for a loss. (I'm guessing)

soulless_minion
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by soulless_minion » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:28 pm

I wouldn't expect sets for Agents of SHIELD as I'm guessing it won't be as big with kids as the big blockbuster "hero" movies

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Iron Man 3 got 3 new sets, Man of Steel got 3 new sets....it'd be a bit disappointing for this Marvel fanboy if they didn't acknowledge the new Thor movie with some sort of release.

PLEASE GIVE US SIF AND THE WARRIORS THREE!!

skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by skeet318 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:30 am

Wheeefun wrote:Iron Man 3 got 3 new sets, Man of Steel got 3 new sets....it'd be a bit disappointing for this Marvel fanboy if they didn't acknowledge the new Thor movie with some sort of release.

PLEASE GIVE US SIF AND THE WARRIORS THREE!!
And Kat Dennings......

skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by skeet318 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:33 am

Brick & Blue wrote:I don't think we will, but a set or two might not be out of the question. However Thor isn't Superman, Batman or Iron Man, he's just not popular.

Right on, Blue Bricks!, 2 or 3 sets would be sufficient.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:30 am

skeet318 wrote:

I would nt underestimate Thor's popularity. He did get a sequel with a big budget and the exposure from the Avengers movie didn't hurt either. Having Chris Hemsworth protray you helps, too. Which would you say is a bigger risk: Lone Ranger or Thor 2?

I'd say Lone Ranger, the first Thor movie made 450 million. Its has a proven market. If Lone Ranger tanks, Thor might have to aid in making up for a loss. (I'm guessing)

But The Lone Gunman has a different market, it's a western, so we get western sets. There are only so many vehicles you can make for Super Heroes and LEGO wants to save them for the big guys that has "man" in their title. :lol:

skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by skeet318 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:46 am

Brick & Blue wrote:
skeet318 wrote:

But The Lone Gunman has a different market, it's a western, so we get western sets. There are only so many vehicles you can make for Super Heroes and LEGO wants to save them for the big guys that has "man" in their title. :lol:

Asgard...That's what Thor has the others cant offer....

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:32 am

i would want that rainbow bridge gun and heimdall!!!

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:46 am

The closer we get to November the less likely it is that we'll see any Thor movie sets. Which is a shame since those badguys would look killer as minifigures, not to mention getting another figure based on Natalie Portman would not be unwelcome. :) Come on Lego, there is SOOOOO much material here begging to be immortalized in plastic.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Kerberos
I'm New !

Post by Kerberos » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:29 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvHAOGrlMfo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Around 2:10 she says they're not going to talk about 2014 sets until closer to release but that implies no more sets for 2013 either...