Lego Simpsons in 2014?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Lego Simpsons in 2014?

Post by Wheeefun » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:01 pm

sydra wrote:I think the Simpsons would make for a great CMF series, if they ever wanted to expand or change those...
I think your idea is a pretty darn good one.

Many Lego fans have already expressed skepticism about what kind of sets would sell well. Any Simpsons fan can look at the number of classic characters and know the hardest part would be narrowing it down to 16. Since minifigs are the main draw to most, a CMF Simpsons line might be a good way to test the market to see if it sells.

If this happens I wonder if Bart, Lisa and all the others would keep the traditional non-movable kids legs or come out with something new?

Cimmerian
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cimmerian » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Personally I would love to see South Park Legos, but I seriously doubt it would ever happen.
I don't see Simpsons Lego as being so far-fetched. Lego has been going licence crazy lately.

das_mikey
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by das_mikey » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:07 am

Cimmerian wrote:Personally I would love to see South Park Legos, but I seriously doubt it would ever happen.
I don't see Simpsons Lego as being so far-fetched. Lego has been going licence crazy lately.
I can't see Lego associating with South Park. Not exactly, family-friendly, I'd say. heh-heh.

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickGarurumon » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:48 am

Cimmerian wrote:Personally I would love to see South Park Legos, but I seriously doubt it would ever happen.
South Park isn't a show for children. I could picture Lego doing Beavis & Butthead. How would you react to that?

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:43 pm

CMF for any licensed product unfortunately is never gonna happen. Be it Simpsons, super heroes, or whatever. Lego loves CMF because of the draw for customers to buy multiples ala the army builders. How many people would buy multiple Bart's or Lisa's? How many would buy 10 or more?

It's my opinion that Lego is using CMF as a great way to expand and pay for new minifig accessory molds without having to sell as many high priced sets containing mostly bricks
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:09 pm

hatcher wrote:IF this is real, I don't see it doing well. I don't let my kids watch the Simpsons and I suspect a lot of other parents also don't, and quite frankly, the show has lost its appeal to me as an adult. I
Simpsons is one of the best family shows around. They always do things as a family, they always come together in the end. Much more loving as a family than mostl "family" T&A sitcoms/shows on TV and way cleaner than any reality show. If you let your kids watch TV, Simpsons is one of the cleanest and most family orientated.

But a Simpsons line would be too late in any case.

das_mikey
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by das_mikey » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:36 am

stevebuscemi wrote: Simpsons is one of the best family shows around. They always do things as a family, they always come together in the end. Much more loving as a family than mostl "family" T&A sitcoms/shows on TV and way cleaner than any reality show. If you let your kids watch TV, Simpsons is one of the cleanest and most family orientated.
When it came out, it was considered edgy and very controversial. It hasn't changed, but public perception of it has. That cracks me up.

Most of the Simpsons toy likenesses have looked bad to me. I'm not sure how much I'd want a Simpsons line in lego. The buildings could be interesting, though.

bouchj45
I'm New !

Post by bouchj45 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:15 am

It has been officially confirmed for 2014 yeah! It was in an article this morning on MSN.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:37 am

bouchj45 wrote:It has been officially confirmed for 2014 yeah! It was in an article this morning on MSN.
Here is a quick link...there are multiple reports but they all have basically the same info:
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=821468" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now the question is will it only be minifigs or full sets?

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:56 pm

Simpsons are totally NOT appropriate for a kid's toy or the LEGO brand. There's blood, swearing and tons of suggestive and inappropriate stuff in that show. Can't believe LEGO would approve this but won't do say a military theme.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:07 pm

Just to clarify, Simpsons isn't southpark or family guy. There is no swearing.

I think it is about time we all come to grips with the fact that Lego isn't only targeted at kids ages 6-12 anymore. This has been going on for awhile now..Indiana Jones had blood and swearing...and that theme came out in 2008. LotR has some blood/killing that I would think wouldn't be acceptable for some kids in the normally targeted 6-12 age range.

I know Lego has used the fact that certain themes were inappropriate for the targeted age range as an excuse for why they didn't accept some Cuusoo projects in the recent past but that seems like that was not the only issue with those projects and was just the only reason given. There have been some questionable themes in the last few years in regards to being age appropriate. This is beating a dead horse at this point.

I have changed my opinion on what I would have thought was an acceptable Lego theme a few years ago.

slimninj4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by slimninj4 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:38 am

Still watch Simpsons and so do the kids but as a kit not sure if they will like the sets. My son LOVES Chima right now and some of the ninjago kits. Both have cartoons that he watches too.

Simpsons is marketed as a family show, kids and parents. Family guy is not.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:25 pm

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:Similar to the TMNT sets, I could not resist even though I don't like the design of any of the sets besides the turtle figures and mouser.

So many cooler licenses to explore first like Wizard of Oz/Oz the Great and Powerful.
I too tried to resist TMNT but because the actual turtles looked so great I had to buy a few

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Wheeefun wrote:
sydra wrote:If this happens I wonder if Bart, Lisa and all the others would keep the traditional non-movable kids legs or come out with something new?

I hope they change the legs somehow. I can't stand the non-movable legs.
I too have mixed feelings about Simpsons LEGO
Otto would be a fun character
Also I would have to have Lisa and Bleeding Gums Murphy (saxaphone player)... makes me wonder about the timing of the jazz musician in Series 11 (maybe saxaphone for Lisa?)

As far as sets go they could do small houses and buildings. Maybe even it plan it so that town can be expandable modular style

99hoodie77
I'm New !

Post by 99hoodie77 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:41 pm

I love the Simpsons and Lego, but I'm personally not sure how I feel about this move. What demographic is Lego after with this? Do a majority of 6-12 year olds know, or, even more important, enjoy the Simpsons?

Am I alone in thinking about the many cross over (adult-kid) properties that could've been picked up instead of this? I'm sure many of us have our own favorite existing cross themes we'd love to see, not sure how high this was for most people; maybe I'm wrong.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:46 pm

Age appropriate????? Really? We are still having this conversation?

Sorry but the back cartoon on the original Arkham Asylum wasn't 'age appropriate' as it involved torture.

Fight on the Flying Wing, Set 7683, depicting a scene that ended with a man being chopped into pieces by a propeller wasn't age appropriate.

A little "bite my shorts" stuff is trivial.

wkunert
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wkunert » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Really surprised how many people are pissing on this. My kids and I think this is great news.
Simpsons has some innuendo, which mostly goes over kids heads, different than mean-spirited r*pe jokes from Seth McFarlane.
99hoodie77 wrote:I love the Simpsons and Lego, but I'm personally not sure how I feel about this move. What demographic is Lego after with this? Do a majority of 6-12 year olds know, or, even more important, enjoy the Simpsons?
In a word - absolutely. My kids and their friends are right in the middle that demographic. They all play Simpsons Tapped Out on their devices, and ask me questions about obscure characters.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:00 pm

I stopped watching The Simpsons long ago, but I would totally pick up the theme. Same thing happened with TMNT already with me. Just too bad TMNT does not have Rocksteady/Bebop. What is great with The Simpsons is that they have never relaunched with a new style. So all the style will be retro/same as I remember.

The only thing that will be dreadful is that I know they will have some terrible promos like (e.g.) "exclusive Comic Book Guy" that will be only available for 250 people in NYC or SDCC. They did the same mistake with niche Marvel characters. That is very discouraging. I'd be okay if alternate costume versions are used for exclusives, but not whole characters.

(I agree a Wizard of Oz theme would be preferred and epic.)

DarthPaka
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by DarthPaka » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:18 pm

StClair wrote:Also I would have to have Lisa and Bleeding Gums Murphy (saxaphone player)... makes me wonder about the timing of the jazz musician in Series 11 (maybe saxaphone for Lisa?)
I hope not, jazz musician plays an alto sax, while Lisa plays baritone! Still, with Marge's hair as a mold, maybe we'll get a Bride of Frankenstein CMF? :mrgreen:

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:24 am

I hope not, jazz musician plays an alto sax, while Lisa plays baritone! Still, with Marge's hair as a mold, maybe we'll get a Bride of Frankenstein CMF? :mrgreen:[/quote]

I am hoping for the same