LEGO 8803 Collectible Minifigures Series 3

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

Which LEGO Collectable Minifigure(s) do you like most?

Baseball Player
5%
Elf
20%
Fisherman
8%
Gorilla Suit Guy
9%
Hula Dancer
6%
Mummy
10%
Pilot
2%
Race Car Driver
2%
Rapper
5%
Samurai Warrior
10%
Snowboarder
4%
Space Alien
2%
Space Villian
6%
Sumo Wrestler
2%
Tennis Player
3%
Tribal Chief
7%

Total votes: 259

smilyremhof
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Collectible Minifigures Series 3

Post by smilyremhof » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:09 pm

legitimatealex wrote:
smilyremhof wrote:
legitimatealex wrote:All this talk of minifigure series 3 and I haven't even seen a series 2 fig yet. It's crazy. Still though, awesome minifigures as usual.
At least you got to see series 1, they never got it in my area. The only way I got some was to order off S@H and then I got 5 spacemen. I hope series 2 has a better and wider distribution.
Would 5 Crash Test Dummies suit you better? That's what I got.
Well at least the spaceman has a gun and a helmet. But my boys do like to crash cars so maybe they could be lego car testers and use the Dummy. :lol:

InfectiousZombie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by InfectiousZombie » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:47 pm

So glad the bar codes are going away, so tired of going through a whole box and only the spartan is gone. Series one it was the zombie that was always gone. I hope Lego makes a "best of mini figure" set.

legomandan
I'm New !

Post by legomandan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Remember to keep it fun for everyone - young kids too! I met a lot of kids that were so dissapointed because they couldn't even get 1 Series 1 minifig. I can't wait to trade with the friends and neighbors who love Lego too! I have a friend who does graphic design and has talked with a rep in Enfield saying that series 3 - (Jan in US maybe), 4 and 5 are in the works! Whoo hoo - make sure you let Lego know if you love what they are doing.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:56 am

legomandan wrote:Remember to keep it fun for everyone - young kids too! I met a lot of kids that were so dissapointed because they couldn't even get 1 Series 1 minifig. I can't wait to trade with the friends and neighbors who love Lego too! I have a friend who does graphic design and has talked with a rep in Enfield saying that series 3 - (Jan in US maybe), 4 and 5 are in the works! Whoo hoo - make sure you let Lego know if you love what they are doing.
I paid a premium for my Series 1. Until these become super common I don't know how any kids are even expected to get hold of them. I appreciate all these fan sites putting up contests to win the figures but then you realize that they all bought cases of them and they just really contribute to the problem.

I'm excited to see Series 3, and if they are coming out in Jan like you say then we can expect to see them in October very soon I hope.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Post by Asterios » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:20 am

me I buy one of ea. set of ea. series and thats it, did buy a few extra Spartans (and yes left plenty of Spartans at the store) cause I was thinking of making a faction out of them, but they looked to dorky and cartoonish and decided to stick to BrickForge for my Greek Forces, (That and LEGO has no clue what Greeks looked like, outfit and shield are all wrong, heck he looks more Roman then greek, but not hollywood Roman).

legomandan
I'm New !

Post by legomandan » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:07 am

legitimatealex wrote:
legomandan wrote:Remember to keep it fun for everyone - young kids too! I met a lot of kids that were so dissapointed because they couldn't even get 1 Series 1 minifig. I can't wait to trade with the friends and neighbors who love Lego too! I have a friend who does graphic design and has talked with a rep in Enfield saying that series 3 - (Jan in US maybe), 4 and 5 are in the works! Whoo hoo - make sure you let Lego know if you love what they are doing.
I paid a premium for my Series 1. Until these become super common I don't know how any kids are even expected to get hold of them. I appreciate all these fan sites putting up contests to win the figures but then you realize that they all bought cases of them and they just really contribute to the problem.

I'm excited to see Series 3, and if they are coming out in Jan like you say then we can expect to see them in October very soon I hope.
I hear you about the premium prices - I missed the boat on series 1 - I only found them once at a local store because T R U had them under lock and key due to theft. I'm in a small city with 2 T R U's in the area and several other stores that have had them so all the families I know have had a chance to grab a few for their kids. Of course my lego fever may have infected them a bit ;)
From one blockhead to another, play well!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:28 am

Jan 2011 for series 3? Is that confirmed? I need a break between series. Plus all the holiday promo from target is another challenge on it's own.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:44 am

slacker wrote:Jan 2011 for series 3? Is that confirmed? I need a break between series. Plus all the holiday promo from target is another challenge on it's own.
I'm afraid that lego is going to push these out as fast and often as it can. They are selling like hot rolls

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:35 am

I hear you about the premium prices - I missed the boat on series 1 - I only found them once at a local store because T R U had them under lock and key due to theft. I'm in a small city with 2 T R U's in the area and several other stores that have had them so all the families I know have had a chance to grab a few for their kids. Of course my lego fever may have infected them a bit ;)
Strangely enought I drove to Annapolis to get Series two, and the whole box had been stolen. But low and behold...they had several unpicked through boxes of series one, and this was only a week and a half ago

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:25 am

I'm hoping the sumo/karate guy is actually a kung fu guy. :)

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:02 am

vynsane wrote:Klaus-Dieter also had the opportunity to see what CMFs3 has in store for us, via his sneak-peek at the 2011 Retailer's Catalog. From his post over at EuroBricks:
Klaus-Dieter wrote: Please be aware that I had no chance to take any notes or pics – so there might even be some mistakes.

The minifigures from this series look absolutely amazing!

Minifigure Series 3:
-fisher with hinge and fish
-Ferrari driver (red torso) with helmet
-mummy with pan
-? sumo wrestler/karate guy (yellow torso and pants) with trophy
-? female dancer
-samurai knight with removeable armor and samurai sword
-Hawaii girl (green skirt print) with two green rattles
-baseball player with baseball bat
-elf with bow and big buckler
-Native American chief with lance
-alien with space gun
-? male singer with ? micro and ? recorder
-? doctor/surgeon with suitcase and ?
-gorilla with banana
-snowboarder with snowboard
-???

Sorry for that I don't remember the one remaining minfig.

Let's discuss!

Btw:
1. Series 3 will already be released in January 2011.
2. There will be a series 4, too, but there were unluckily no pics of it in the retailer's catalogue.
3. Series 4 will be released in April 2011.
there have been enough sightings by reputable folks to confirm the following figures:
-fisherman with fishing rod and fish
-mummy with scorpion
-sumo wrestler with new hairpiece and trophy. printed "big belly"
-samurai knight with removeable armor (most likely 90s samurai armor) and samurai sword. rumored to have a new samurai helmet unlike the old issue.
-Hawaii girl (green skirt print) with two green rattles (like the maracas).
-baseball player with baseball bat.
-elf with bow and big buckler. rumored to have quigon jinn's hair.
-alien with space gun. same shape as squidtron from the space police.
-rapper with a big stereo
-gorilla with banana
-female snowboarder (with pink beany like the skier) with snowboard
-tennis player with tennis racket.
-cyborg - half robot half man.

follow the steps of my previous analysis to figure out which minifigure will have the best secondary value. :P of course, rarity will be hard to gauge until the sets are actually in the market but you can always guess.

i'll garner a guess that it's a toss up between elf and samurai. if both are equally rare, then elf will win out. just because the pieces will be more useful. but if the samurai armor is like the old 90s piece, then expect this to be a close fight since those armors are super useful in other themes, and can double as space marine armors. who knows? the sumo might even bests them both if the hairpiece is really awesome.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:31 am

natelite wrote:there have been enough sightings by reputable folks to confirm the following figures:
-fisherman with fishing rod and fish
-mummy with scorpion
-sumo wrestler with new hairpiece and trophy. printed "big belly"
-samurai knight with removeable armor (most likely 90s samurai armor) and samurai sword. rumored to have a new samurai helmet unlike the old issue.
-Hawaii girl (green skirt print) with two green rattles (like the maracas).
-baseball player with baseball bat.
-elf with bow and big buckler. rumored to have quigon jinn's hair.
-alien with space gun. same shape as squidtron from the space police.
-rapper with a big stereo
-gorilla with banana
-female snowboarder (with pink beany like the skier) with snowboard
-tennis player with tennis racket.
-cyborg - half robot half man.
fisherman -- Enh. But I'm sure it will sell well to people looking for "City" minifigs.
Ferrari driver -- Enh.
mummy -- Oh yeah. This will go great with an Egyptian themed MOC I'm working on.
sumo wrestler -- Awesome. I'll want a few of these.
samurai knight -- Hopefully he has more than a katana for weapons.
Hawaii girl -- Lelo?
baseball player -- Enh.
elf (rumored to have quigon jinn's hair) -- Hopefully the hair's blond. :D
Native American chief -- This will go well with the other native american from CMF1.
alien -- Sounds interesting.
rapper -- Isn't this a little dated?
gorilla -- Everythings sells better with gorillas on the cover!
female snowboarder -- I'll have to get a few for my nieces.
tennis player -- Enh.
cyborg -- Oh yeah!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:53 am

Eurobricks member nausicaakro is reporting having CMFs3 preliminary pics, and describes them as:
  • hawaii girl with hair like willie in black (from indiana jones) and flowers necklace
    accessories: 2 brown maracas
  • indian chief - like old indian chief
    accessories: SPARTAN lance
  • samurai warrior
    with heavy (old)armour and maybe and OLD helmet
  • tennis girl with white plisseted skirt and white racket, short brown hair
  • sumo wrestler with new black hair and big belly - all yellow... blah!
    accessories: trofeo like judo boy from series 2
  • baseball player with giants uniform and new cap with sharp peak
    accessories: baseball bat (very pretty) brown and white. the stripes are RED sorry for this.
  • fisher with long beard and tipical cap
    accessories: long fishing rod (new mold) and fish
  • elf warrior with new yellow hair and POINTED EARS -yess man, POINTED!
    accessories: long shield with white deer (no tree), green mantle
  • street boy with striped sunglasses and a BIG (very big) stereo and cap like baseball player!
  • alien like squidman (in purple) with laser pistol and purple beam
  • gorilla (it is a costume) with a banana. The legs are dark brown and have the standard mold
  • ferrari driver in red and helmet
  • mummy - like old mummy sorry no ankh but skorpion and green skin
  • snowboarder girl with pink helmet and white glasses form SW ep V,
  • horrible half man half robot with pirate iron leg
  • standard RAF pilots with white mustacchi and standard backpack
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:38 am

Last edited by Ice on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:00 am

Download them in case they get pulled. I don't think we should post them here, however.

My reactions are over-all positive, it's a cool mixture ranging from historical (Indian Chief, Pilot, Samurai) to sports (Baseball Player, Tennis Player, Racecar Driver, Fisherman, Snowboarder, Sumo Wrestler) to the whimsical/fantastic (Cyborg, Alien, Mummy, Gorilla, Elf) and esoteric, but useful (Hula Girl, M.C./breakdancer).

Looks like we're getting two more of the Raygun and transparent 3L bar pieces that debuted with the Spaceman in CMFs1 - one with the Cyborg (who looks a little like Robocop) in what appears to be almost a gunmetal color with a red beam, and one in Pearl Gold with a purple beam accompanying the Alien. It also appears as though the Cyborg's helmet is a black version of the Space Police 3 Commando helmet. We're getting another microphone (this time with a gold top) with the M.C./breakdancer. It seems the grass skirt on the Hula Girl is a separate piece, and not printed on the legs. I'm interested in seeing whether or not the ears on the Elf are a part of the head or hair - I think it makes more sense as part of the hair. The printing on the Elf looks incredible!

The Racecar Driver doesn't appear to have any affiliation with Ferrari aside from the color scheme. His torso, however, does say 'Octan', so that's cool. I could see the Snowboarder's torso and legs being very handy for flight suits. The Mummy will, of course, look great along-side the Zombie, Witch and Vampire. It would also look really cool with the Pharaoh's headpiece.

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Alyvin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:28 am

I'm disappointed with some of these. The yellow wrestler is a combo of the demolition dummy and wrestler. You get a brown trophy instead of a yellow. The black Space? Robot guy with the red blade is horrible. Its another combo of the spaceman from series 1. I think series 3 is a lot more worst than series 2 or 1. Lego is running out of ideas.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:15 pm

Alyvin wrote:I'm disappointed with some of these. The yellow wrestler is a combo of the demolition dummy and wrestler. You get a brown trophy instead of a yellow. The black Space? Robot guy with the red blade is horrible. Its another combo of the spaceman from series 1. I think series 3 is a lot more worst than series 2 or 1. Lego is running out of ideas.
at first without seeing the pics, i thought S3 was better than S2 or S1 but after seeing the pics, i would agree with your assessment. expect S1 prices to rise because of this. :lol:

the elf is nothing more than just count dooku's hairpiece in light tan. there is no ear! no new piece, just new prints. boring! don't expect this to be highly desirable since they can be reproduced. similarly the samurai is also made up of old pieces and new prints. can easily be reproduced as well.

so far, S3 is mostly a meh from me. sure, i'll probably collects lots of them but no one single mf screams "buy me!!"

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin93 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:29 pm

natelite wrote:
Alyvin wrote:I'm disappointed with some of these. The yellow wrestler is a combo of the demolition dummy and wrestler. You get a brown trophy instead of a yellow. The black Space? Robot guy with the red blade is horrible. Its another combo of the spaceman from series 1. I think series 3 is a lot more worst than series 2 or 1. Lego is running out of ideas.
at first without seeing the pics, i thought S3 was better than S2 or S1 but after seeing the pics, i would agree with your assessment. expect S1 prices to rise because of this. :lol:

the elf is nothing more than just count dooku's hairpiece in light tan. there is no ear! no new piece, just new prints. boring! don't expect this to be highly desirable since they can be reproduced. similarly the samurai is also made up of old pieces and new prints. can easily be reproduced as well.

so far, S3 is mostly a meh from me. sure, i'll probably collects lots of them but no one single mf screams "buy me!!"
Agree with everyone here. I would also like to add the alien guy which has almost the exact piece as squidman in space police. Series 1 was more origial. Series 2 got a bit more complicated with many new accessories. Both series are great. But Series 3 :?. Only the gorilla and fisherman seems appealing to me.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:11 pm

These are kind of disappointing.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Bear in mind they could be test-shots - the final product could be different on a lot of these.