LEGO 8803 Collectible Minifigures Series 3

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

Which LEGO Collectable Minifigure(s) do you like most?

Baseball Player
5%
Elf
20%
Fisherman
8%
Gorilla Suit Guy
9%
Hula Dancer
6%
Mummy
10%
Pilot
2%
Race Car Driver
2%
Rapper
5%
Samurai Warrior
10%
Snowboarder
4%
Space Alien
2%
Space Villian
6%
Sumo Wrestler
2%
Tennis Player
3%
Tribal Chief
7%

Total votes: 259

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: LEGO 8803 Collectible Minifigures Series 3

Post by vynsane » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:26 pm

ncbarrett wrote:Is the Space Villains Helmet a new mold?
Or are there others?
I really like it.
I believe it's a black version of the Space Police 3 Commando (dark blue-gray)/CMFs1 Spaceman (white) helmet.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:56 am

vynsane wrote:
ncbarrett wrote:Is the Space Villains Helmet a new mold?
Or are there others?
I really like it.
I believe it's a black version of the Space Police 3 Commando (dark blue-gray)/CMFs1 Spaceman (white) helmet.
ah, looks like you are right. never had any of them so didn't know.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin93 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:43 am

I tried using the barcodes and I find them really hard to use. Is it only me or are others having the same problem?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:56 am

ncbarrett wrote:
vynsane wrote:I believe it's a black version of the Space Police 3 Commando (dark blue-gray)/CMFs1 Spaceman (white) helmet.
It's a great new piece, and I'm glad we're getting it in different colors in rapid succession. The Atlantis diver helmets are another one - we already got them in dark blue-gray, they're going to be light blue-gray in next year's Atlantis offerings and they'll also be available in next year's NASA Spaceport subtheme in white!
kevin93 wrote:I tried using the barcodes and I find them really hard to use. Is it only me or are others having the same problem?
There are no barcodes for CMFs3. The only barcode that will be on the package is the UPC code, which will be the same on every bag (which would make it SUPREMELY hard to determine ;) ). The only code so far is the 'dots' which "that guy" discovered and posted over at FBTB but they're regarded as unreliable at best.

Your best bet is to grope the packages for identifying accessories, like some sort of LEGO deviant.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:04 pm

vynsane wrote:
ncbarrett wrote:
vynsane wrote:I believe it's a black version of the Space Police 3 Commando (dark blue-gray)/CMFs1 Spaceman (white) helmet.
It's a great new piece, and I'm glad we're getting it in different colors in rapid succession. The Atlantis diver helmets are another one - we already got them in dark blue-gray, they're going to be light blue-gray in next year's Atlantis offerings and they'll also be available in next year's NASA Spaceport subtheme in white!
Yeah, like the new light grey, have 3 of them now.
look forward to the nasa white.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:54 pm

kevin93 wrote:I tried using the barcodes and I find them really hard to use. Is it only me or are others having the same problem?
Which brail code are you using? I went to the store using a very generic one that I first saw and was having difficulty because some of the dots either had extras or didn't even look like what was on the cheat sheet. Then I went digging and found ANOTHER brail code and it had EXACTLY what the packages were having. For example.. the "Street Punk" on the first generic sheet had 3 dots. One lower and one higher diagonally about half an inch apart and then one dot on the right side of the back. On the more advanced sheet it shows the "Rapper" as having a lower dot, diagonal higher dot, then a higher diagonal dot and then a lower diagonal dot. I wish I had this second sheet when I was doing it, but alas it was waste when I did it because the discount I was shooting for was shot down by the clerk and I left with zero haha.

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Alyvin » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:29 pm

ALARMING CONFIRMING NEWS---------------------------------------------------------

My Dad today went to LegoLand California and asked about the whereabouts of Series 3...

They said January 2011 ...AND that the packs have indeed been raised to 2.99...

2.99!?! Those mjyer or whatever stores seem to been the only place to sell 1.99 packs

Oh well... maybe they'll go down... or not...maybe...hopefully...
if they are $2.99 us, they will be $3.99 can! tru's in calgary still have them marked as 2.99 on there system, but i don't think that that will last long.
I cannot believe this. $4 for a figure in Canada is getting too expensive. :(

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:07 pm

It's $4 for a figure at TRU in the US! Lol.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:11 pm

What is the source of these quotes? Is this from someone here? I don't remember seeing it in this topic.

Anyway, if they're $2.99 I probably won't be getting most of the set this time around. I'll get a bunch of the Space Villain and Alien, a couple snowboarders, and maybe one each of the samurai, RAF pilot, and racecar driver, but for $2.99 I don't really have any dire need for a random dude in a gorilla suit, baseball player, tennis player, rapper, fisherman, indian chief, sumo wrestler, mummy or hula dancer all that much. I think they'll be shooting themselves in the foot if this is the new MSRP, especially if they're still made in China.

BUT, this is still purely conjecture in terms of MSRP until I see it with my own eyes.

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:16 pm

vynsane wrote:What is the source of these quotes? Is this from someone here? I don't remember seeing it in this topic.
the first one is from brickset, and the other one i posted on eurobricks.

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Alyvin » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:19 pm

I found it from brickset

Posted by Sword2211 in United States, Dec 16 2010 9:55PM:
ARMING CONFIRMING NEWS---------------------------------------------------------

My Dad today went to LegoLand California and asked about the whereabouts of Series 3...

They said January 2011 ...AND that the packs have indeed been raised to 2.99...

2.99!?! Those mjyer or whatever stores seem to been the only place to sell 1.99 packs
Oh well... maybe they'll go down... or not...maybe...hopefully...
Posted by R4-G9 in Canada, Dec 16 2010 10:52PM:
if they are $2.99 us, they will be $3.99 can! tru's in calgary still have them marked as 2.99 on there system, but i don't think that that will last long.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:50 pm

Thanks. It's always best to disclose the source, especially when quoting from an external source. Also, I deleted the identical post from the 'availability' topic, since the January 2011 release date isn't news and the $2.99 price point is still rumor. It's possible that the price will be higher at LEGOLAND parks than it would be at LEGO Stores - not saying it's highly likely or anything, just possible.

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:12 pm

If the price goes up to 4.99 CDN.. oh man, that would be ridiculous, paying Impulse set prices for inferior minifigs with no extra pieces( ie Wizard with dragon and book/Jester with stage/Farmer with pig and dog) If TRU does this, they will not be selling minifigs to me. I will wait till London Drugs gets them.

And I should pass this on, I saw a lego rep the other day and she said that Series 3 was going to be coming in 3 waves. So availability should be high, not that I want too many doubles from this series anyways.

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:15 pm

I already posted in a similar topic at Eurobricks (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... 88&st=1125), so I'll just reiterate my position here:

Even though the minifigures are selling at $2.99 in the US, which would indicate a price of $3.99 in Canada, we don't know if (A) the US MSRP was raised, or if (B) stores are simply taking advantage of the heightened demand. Keep in mind that the minifigures were already very popular, and demand has only increased due to three things: the Christmas season, exclusivity to TRU & Fred Meyer and being brand new. Stores can charge extra, and people will still buy them. Personally, I think we are looking at situation B, and that prices will go back to the original MSRP once we see wider distribution.

As for the rumours regarding the employee at Legoland California, let's wait until we get more information. Keep in mind that there could have been a miscommunication, or that $2.99 is the sale price just for Legoland California (never been there, but since when has a theme park have cheap prices?). Besides, it raises the question: Why didn't Lego increase the US MSRP before they started to sell in the US?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:54 pm

autobrick wrote:Personally, I think we are looking at situation B, and that prices will go back to the original MSRP once we see wider distribution.
While I agree with everything you said, I wouldn't look for TRU and other early-releasers to lower their prices. TRU increased to $2.99 per with CMFs1 and haven't gone down since. Wait until you see them at LEGO Stores, shop.LEGO and Walmart at ~$1.99 to buy them and you should be fine. Even Target inflated the price to $2.99 with CMFs2.

FireWolf
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FireWolf » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:58 pm

They're now listed at s@h but unavailable.

Get your mystery minifigure fix with Series 3!
With 16 all-new minifigures, Series 3 adds even more collectable figures to the growing LEGO® Minifigure Collection! Each minifigure comes in a sealed mystery bag, so you never know which you’ll get. Inspired by movies, sports, history and everyday life, this collection includes: Tennis Player, Hula Dancer, Space Alien, Samurai Warrior, Sumo Wrestler, Rapper, Fisherman, Tribal Chief, Snowboarder, Elf, Race Car Driver, Pilot, Baseball Player, Mummy, Space Villain and Gorilla Suit Guy. Each includes special accessories, display plate and collector’s leaflet. Collect all 16!
•Collect all 16: Tennis Player, Hula Dancer, Space Alien, Samurai Warrior, Sumo Wrestler, Rapper, Fisherman, Tribal Chief, Snowboarder, Elf, Race Car Driver, Pilot, Baseball Player, Mummy, Space Villain, Gorilla Suit Guy.
•Every minifigure comes with accessories and display plate
•A must-have for LEGO® minifigure collectors

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:28 am

FireWolf wrote:They're now listed at s@h but unavailable.
you forgot the link: http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cli ... 26d%253D70

InfectiousZombie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by InfectiousZombie » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:12 pm

vynsane wrote:
autobrick wrote:Personally, I think we are looking at situation B, and that prices will go back to the original MSRP once we see wider distribution.
While I agree with everything you said, I wouldn't look for TRU and other early-releasers to lower their prices. TRU increased to $2.99 per with CMFs1 and haven't gone down since. Wait until you see them at LEGO Stores, shop.LEGO and Walmart at ~$1.99 to buy them and you should be fine. Even Target inflated the price to $2.99 with CMFs2.

My local walmarts are selling them for 2.97 $.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:28 pm

InfectiousZombie wrote:
vynsane wrote:

What state are you in?

InfectiousZombie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by InfectiousZombie » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:16 am

oocaleb101oo wrote:
InfectiousZombie wrote:
vynsane wrote:
While I agree with everything you said, I wouldn't look for TRU and other early-releasers to lower their prices. TRU increased to $2.99 per with CMFs1 and haven't gone down since. Wait until you see them at LEGO Stores, sh op.LEGO and Walmart at ~$1.99 to buy them and you should be fine. Even Target inflated the price to $2.99 with CMFs2.

What state are you in?
Oregon