7848 Toysrus Delivery Truck (limited edition?)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
starwarsgeek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

7848 Toysrus Delivery Truck (limited edition?)

Post by starwarsgeek » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Whung has another lego city set picture on brickshelf

7848 Toysrus delivery truck

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Re: 7848 Toysrus Delivery Truck (limited edition?)

Post by legitimatealex » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Is that a bear in the window of the mini Toys R Us?
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

clock4me
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by clock4me » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:25 pm

This is even better than the lego 3221 truck. You still get lego boxes but its a toysrus logo :D Is the little stand suppose to represent a toysrus store?

darknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by darknight » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:15 pm

All the logos for toysrus AND the lego boxes are stickers. :(

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:30 am

clock4me wrote:This is even better than the lego 3221 truck. You still get lego boxes but its a toysrus logo :D Is the little stand suppose to represent a toysrus store?
Most definitely. It has an assortment of toys strewn about in there. Look's like they're receiving a shipment of LEGO that they can then jack the price up, put it on a BOGO sale, and exclude all LEGO Star Wars from ever receiving a discount.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:37 am

legitimatealex wrote: Most definitely. It has an assortment of toys strewn about in there. Look's like they're receiving a shipment of LEGO that they can then jack the price up, put it on a BOGO sale, and exclude all LEGO Star Wars from ever receiving a discount.
Bitter? ;)
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:20 am

Realistic at best, bitter at worst. I visit Toys R Us once in a blue moon. I go there to get new sets that I really REALLY want because the nearest Toys R Us is 40 mins away and I go there for rare sets that I don't want to order online. For everything else, they should never ever be a choice for buying LEGO.

Plus their rewards card is a joke.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:24 am

legitimatealex wrote:Realistic at best, bitter at worst. I visit Toys R Us once in a blue moon. I go there to get new sets that I really REALLY want because the nearest Toys R Us is 40 mins away and I go there for rare sets that I don't want to order online. For everything else, they should never ever be a choice for buying LEGO.

Yeah, unless it's a BOGO50% sale or the like, you're better off ordering/going to a LEGO store for VIP points.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:56 am

vynsane wrote:
Yeah, unless it's a BOGO50% sale or the like, you're better off ordering/going to a LEGO store for VIP points.
you buy sets at retail price? :D

umm, actually i do, but only for special packs like the mini tractors from june's giveaways. i.e. sets in the 20XXX or 30XXX ranges. :D too bad there was no extra classic spaceman magnet set leftover from july's giveaways. i would have bought them up.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:04 am

legitimatealex wrote:Realistic at best, bitter at worst. I visit Toys R Us once in a blue moon. I go there to get new sets that I really REALLY want because the nearest Toys R Us is 40 mins away and I go there for rare sets that I don't want to order online. For everything else, they should never ever be a choice for buying LEGO.

If there wasn't any BOGO deals at TRU, I would buy from Lego. It does help that both stores are within 5 miles of my house. I had to drive 20 miles to a different state to get my TS alien ship.

Transformers2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Transformers2 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:10 am

legitimatealex wrote: Most definitely. It has an assortment of toys strewn about in there. Look's like they're receiving a shipment of LEGO that they can then jack the price up, put it on a BOGO sale, and exclude all LEGO Star Wars from ever receiving a discount.
Toysrus loves to do that making stuff look to be a good deal when its not. Expect them to raise the price for the new sets very soon.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:29 am

natelite wrote:you buy sets at retail price? :D

umm, actually i do, but only for special packs like the mini tractors from june's giveaways. i.e. sets in the 20XXX or 30XXX ranges. :D too bad there was no extra classic spaceman magnet set leftover from july's giveaways. i would have bought them up.
I did at first when I went a little nuts with money I got for my birthday (having just come out of my 'dark age', I ordered a BUNCH of Indiana Jones and Space Police III sets on S@H) but then I found out how many sales there are due to sites like this one. Generally speaking I'll buy at a LEGO Store if there's something I really want right away (because it will be basically the same price everywhere else) or if they're having a bonus VIP points promo (those two coincided with the release of some World Racers sets just before Father's Day, so that was cool).
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive