LEGO Lord of the Rings Summer 2013

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Lord of the Rings Summer 2013

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:08 pm

The list for the upcoming LEGO Lord of the Rings Summer 2013 sets has been revealed. Available June 2013.

79005 The Wizard Battle - 1 or 2? minifigures
79006 The Council of Elrond - 4 minifigures
79007 Battle at the Black Gate - 6 minifigures
79008 Pirate Ship Ambush - 9 minifigures

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-lord-of-the ... 007-79008/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO Lord of the Rings Summer 2012

Post by The-Daryl » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:22 pm

Nice news :)

Subject says "Summer 2012", btw...

simplylemonade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by simplylemonade » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Battle at the Blackgate sounds interesting. Hope it comes with a troll!

hassmyster
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hassmyster » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:41 pm

I heard that battle at the black gate comes with sauron. The eye is really cool looking he told me. This came from someone who is familiar with the Line.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: LEGO Lord of the Rings Summer 2013

Post by Marcus70 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:35 pm

You can see pictures here: (post 2491)

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=501106&page=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Those Lotr sets look a bit disppointing (smaller than I hoped, but easier on my wallet).:)

Here are my guesses on minifigs with low res pics:

The wizard battle has Gandalf and Saurman?

Battle at the black gate has only 5 minifigs, looks to have Gandalf the White, a Nazgul and Bormir and 2 Moira orcs?

The council has Frodo, Gimli (being thrown back in the pic from hitting the ring), Elrond in red and female elf in blue.

The pirate ship has 2 Moria orcs, Aragon, Legolas, Gimli and 4 others.

simplylemonade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by simplylemonade » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:54 am

Marcus70 wrote:You can see pictures here: (post 2491)

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=501106&page=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Those Lotr sets look a bit disppointing (smaller than I hoped, but easier on my wallet).:)

Battle at the black gate has only 5 minifigs, looks to have Gandalf the White, a Nazgul and Bormir and 2 Moira orcs?

The council has Frodo, Gimli (being thrown back in the pic from hitting the ring), Elrond in red and female elf in blue.

Thanks for sharing. The pirate ship looks exciting.

bamtheosg
I'm New !

Post by bamtheosg » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:33 am

Now that's timing! Tonight at dinner, my nine-year-old son was just sharing his opinion that they should make a set with glow in the dark ghost army from under the mountain. He mentioned the ships. I'm asking him for lottery numbers first thing...

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:00 am

Here's a direct link to the post, sans page-searching and scrolling... :-D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... count=2491" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

m19

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:47 am

Arwen in the council set is nice. Battle at the black gate have Aragon and Mouth of Sauron, not Bormir since he is dead. Pirate ship have 3 Corsairs Pirates, not orcs or urakais, also it looks like it comes with the king of the dead and 2 ghost, very nice. Nice sets, I will wait for a discount before getting them since the last two set will probrally be expansive, in canadian I guess wiazrd battle will be $16, Council will be $50, Black gate will be $99 and Ship at $150. Also where is Sauron? Are they gonna make one more wave with him in a set called War of the Last Alliance with Isildur, Elendil and that Elrond promo figure from the lord of the ring game?

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:03 pm

dulait wrote: Pirate ship have 3 Corsairs Pirates, not orcs or urakais, also it looks like it comes with the king of the dead and 2 ghost, very nice.
When I zoomed in, I clearly see a green figure with pointed ears and black hair fighting Aragon on the dock. It really looks like a Orc from the Mines of the Moria set to me. :) I guess we will see more clearly in the next few months.

Buttmunch
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Buttmunch » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:42 pm

dulait wrote:

Arwen in the council set is nice. Battle at the black gate have Aragon and Mouth of Sauron, not Bormir since he is dead. Pirate ship have 3 Corsairs Pirates, not orcs or urakais, also it looks like it comes with the king of the dead and 2 ghost, very nice. Nice sets, I will wait for a discount before getting them since the last two set will probrally be expansive, in canadian I guess wiazrd battle will be $16, Council will be $50, Black gate will be $99 and Ship at $150. Also where is Sauron? Are they gonna make one more wave with him in a set called War of the Last Alliance with Isildur, Elendil and that Elrond promo figure from the lord of the ring game?
The EYE of Sauron is in the Black Gate set. They've added it to the actual gate it looks like.

While I do hope they make a "last alliance" set eventually, it won't include Elrond. The only way to get him was to get the game. I don't think Lego has ever rereleased an exclusive figure in a regular set later. It will be curious to see which version of Sauron they go with tough, the buildable figure from the boss fight in the game, or the traditional minfigure from later in the game.

Also, wasn't a Treebeard set also rumored earlier? I wonder where that is.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Marcus70 wrote:
dulait wrote: Pirate ship have 3 Corsairs Pirates, not orcs or urakais, also it looks like it comes with the king of the dead and 2 ghost, very nice.
When I zoomed in, I clearly see a green figure with pointed ears and black hair fighting Aragon on the dock. It really looks like a Orc from the Mines of the Moria set to me. :) I guess we will see more clearly in the next few months.
I see what you meant now, I was looking at the figure included part only. And as you pointed out Battle at the black gate does show a Nazgul on a black horse fighting a hooded figure. Yeah lets hope we are both right where they will expand the figure list to include more figures.
Buttmunch wrote:Also, wasn't a Treebeard set also rumored earlier? I wonder where that is.
Wave 3 maybe? I still hope they will make the witch king on a fell beast, Eowyn, Faramir...etc.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:35 pm

The "Nazgul" is most likely actually the mouth of Sauron.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 am

Buttmunch wrote: Also, wasn't a Treebeard set also rumored earlier? I wonder where that is.
Here is some more info from Euro bricks, It seems to indicate those others were speculation that aren't going to happen.
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... try1422714

The earlier info had said we would see another LotR/Hobbit wave come in March. This thread title lists summer...which would be standard but I had thought the release dates were skewed because of the Hobbit movie and also when the LotR theme was released it was before the other standard winter/summer release sets. Time will tell. I wonder where the summer timeline came from?

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:57 pm

Been reading rumors about the

The Tower of Orthanc 10237

Here is a picture (about 29 inches in height) at the French website
http://www.lordofthebrick.com/2013/01/1 ... -confirme/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-lord-of ... 237-image/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If this is true, the size of this (as well as the number 10xxx) would make this a large set. :)

Heats33
I'm New !

Post by Heats33 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:22 pm

Just saw this on Sears Canada... Says that its available now?

http://www.sears.ca/product/lego-battle ... 08-6025205

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Heats33 wrote:Just saw this on Sears Canada... Says that its available now?

http://www.sears.ca/product/lego-battle ... 08-6025205
No It tells you June when checking out

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:22 pm

From the sears website description:

"Fly the Great Eagle high above the Black Gate of Mordor where Aragorn and Gandalf the White must distract the Eye of Sauron. Use them to stage a scene while Frodo Baggins and his friend Sam throw the One Ring into the fiery depths of Mount Doom and destroy it forever. To reach the Ring's final destination, you must defeat the Mouth of Sauron and the Mordor Orcs positioned high in the spiked gate walls. Then breach the gate and lead the attack on the enemy! Includes a Great Eagle and 5 minifigures with weapons: Aragorn, Gandalf the White, Mouth of Sauron and 2 Mordor Orcs."
•657 Pieces Included (noted the box says 655 pieces) :)

Now the image is clear, it appears that some of the figs are place holders.

wegj
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wegj » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:34 pm

wow, hope Sears don't get in trouble!
WEGJ–keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models + Minifigs

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:54 pm

wegj wrote:wow, hope Sears don't get in trouble!
So I guess Kmart > Sears since they did not make the same mistake while they are under the same company.