Whats your favourite space police set?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Whats your favourite space police set?

Post by Alyvin » Sun May 30, 2010 2:04 pm

Whats your favourite space police set? I really like the new ones with the new creatures. They're much better than the older space police sets like Blacktron.

5983 Undercover Cruiser
5984 Lunar Limo
5985 Space Police Central

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Whats your favourite space police set?

Post by vynsane » Sun May 30, 2010 6:08 pm

I was a HUGE fan of the original Space Police sets, but wasn't really into the SP2 series - the colors didn't appeal to me. Of the sets that I had, my favorite from SP1 would be 'Galactic Peace Keeper' - it was simple compared to some of the other offerings, but cool none-the-less.

I think my favorite from SP3 that I have is the Raid VPR, for some of the same reasons. It's cool looking, simple, and swooshable. I've yet to open 'Hyperspeed Pursuit' and that along with 'Galactic Enforcer' are the only two sets form that series that I haven't put together yet. Oh, and I don't have the K-9 bot.

In the forthcoming sets, the Lunar Limo looks so bad@$$.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Re: Whats your favourite space police set?

Post by legitimatealex » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:13 am

Lunar Limo. Having been around and actually seen and held the older sets when I was younger I'd have to say that the newer ones are far better, excluding Blacktron 2 from under the umbrella of 'Space Police.' I wasn't too excited by the early releases of SP3. Squidman's Escape and Freezer Ray Frenzy were pretty awful sets that were basically for little kids. Only the Max Security transport was very good in my opinion. However the three newer sets are absolutely amazing. My favorite is most definitely the Lunar Limo. A must have for a purple fedora :D
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?