Mirkwood Elf Guard Polybag

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Deathleech
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Mirkwood Elf Guard Polybag

Post by Deathleech » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:27 pm

Currently TRU has a new Hobbit polybag out, the Mirkwood Elf Guard! The price is a buck more than polybags normally sell for, but it's a great way to build a forest with the tree and mushroom pieces included, and also a great elven army builder! The dark green hood should also look fantastic with Eomer's green cape!

Claybricks
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Mirkwood Elf Guard Polybag

Post by Claybricks » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:19 pm

This is the same Mirkwood Elf from the Barrel Escape set with a dark green hood instead of long hair. But it's still an awesome ploy bag that I'd pay an extra $1 for.

Cimmerian
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cimmerian » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:29 pm

Nice little set. I can see getting a few.

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Yeah , hope the scalpers dont bag em all right away.

cupishalfempty
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by cupishalfempty » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:39 pm

I'm hoping there's still a couple on the shelves this weekend when I head down to the States.

bono1900
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by bono1900 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Very nice set. Too bad they do not sell any polybags in Russia

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:34 pm

It's available on toysrus.com right now. Limit 5. It qualifies for $25 off $100. I wish I could get 21 of these. They also have Frodo's poly with limit 5 too. Between those 10 sets, you qualify for free shipping. Other sets that qualify are Snowman and road plates. (Wreath is now OOS.)
Be careful: it only discounts $25 from one set, so at least one selection needs to be 25+

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Not sure why it is stated this is a buck more. $4.99 is always the price of polybags at TRU. It's the standard TRU markup.

I'm guessing this ends up being a TRU exclusive like Frodo Cooking Corner? Can anyone confirm that or is there a chance we see it elsewhere in the nearish future?

I'm surprised this made it in stores before any other info was out there. Recent LotR polys were leaked months in advance..both the cooking corner and Urak-hai with ballista.

Speaking of, i never did find the Urak-hai with ballista polybag in stores...I heard it was at Legoland stores and available in Europe...I broke down and bought mine from ebay.

I feel like I should search the internet a little better and see if there is any other polybag info out there we haven't seen yet.

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:09 pm

O M G I want!
I'm upset I got a hair cut on my lunch break and I didn't go to TRU to use my 20% off coupon...
So now the hunt begins!

Deathleech
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Deathleech » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:09 pm

lego the hutt wrote:Not sure why it is stated this is a buck more. $4.99 is always the price of polybags at TRU. It's the standard TRU markup.
I said a buck more than polybags normally sell for, not a buck more than they normally sell for at TRU. Yes the price is $5 like all TRU polybags, but it's not $4 like polybags sold at any other retailer.

I'm guessing this ends up being a TRU exclusive like Frodo Cooking Corner? Can anyone confirm that or is there a chance we see it elsewhere in the nearish future?
I don't believe it's been specifically stated it's a TRU exclusive, but I wouldn't count on seeing it anywhere else because it more likely than not is exclusive.

Speaking of, i never did find the Urak-hai with ballista polybag in stores...I heard it was at Legoland stores and available in Europe...I broke down and bought mine from ebay.
The Uruk-hai polybag was supposedly available at Legoland Discovery centers here in the U.S., but I never heard anything more on it (confirmation, availability elsewhere, etc.). It also was available through the Sun newspaper in the UK, and super cheap at that (about a buck per polybag).

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:33 am

Darn! They have now delisted it from the website. And Frodo no longer ships to home too.

I'm really stoked for this set, but I can't believe they only included one green plant piece. That little tree is screaming for a second piece.

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:46 am

SOB! Was going to get a couple but couldn't get the free shipping to work. I hate Tru!

Deathleech
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Deathleech » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:13 am

They will most likely put them up again next week when they officially release the rest of the Hobbit sets I would assume.

soulless_minion
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by soulless_minion » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:30 pm

This set is awesome, fingers crossed for it being a freebie with The Sun next May

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:13 pm

I just stumbled upon this polybag set at my local TRU! There were only a few hidden between a bunch of 'Frodo cooking' and tore up 'Anikin's pod racer' poly bags. Unfortunately the store didn't have any of the other Hobbit sets out on display.

Don't forget to use your 20% coupon (valid until 21st) to get The Hobbit: Mirkwood Elf polybag for $3.99!!!

Quick tip: Look for the Elf on the right side of the bag when flipping through a large isle end display.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:23 am

Hopefully this is reinstated soon, kinda a tease to pull it from the website after a day or 2...

ManaElement
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ManaElement » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:28 pm

checked my local toys r us and didnt see them there yet, neither the other hobbit sets.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:41 am

Well, all the hobbit sets are on the TRU webpage but no polybags.

I was hoping the polybags had been removed from the site until the official release date of the 27th. No such luck. I wish I could search and see if my store has them. I guess I could call. The nearest store is an hour or so away.

If I type lego elf in the search box a picture the mirkwood elf polybag pops up next to my search but when I click on it it doesn't actually take you to it.

mgs
Peasant
Peasant

Post by mgs » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Went to TRU today and didn't see the Elf Guard polybag. They did have dozens of Gandalf polybag though. :/

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:13 pm

mgs wrote:Went to TRU today and didn't see the Elf Guard polybag. They did have dozens of Gandalf polybag though. :/
Funny, its exactly the opposite for me at TRU, tonight I grabbed two Mirkwood Guards (since the second one was 50% off) out of about 35 or so they had on the wall. They had only one Gandalf poly, but decided to pass on him, as he is in so many other sets now.