Collectible Minifigure brainstorming session

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Re: Collectible Minifigure brainstorming session

Post by Mantisking » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:41 pm

natelite wrote:well, a female elven warrior or princess has been on quite a few suggestion lists, so i would say that's a very high likelihood for series 7. perhaps even more mythical creatures like maybe a faun. :razz: since we already have minotaurs, just waiting on centaurs and fauns to complete the narnian army.
Centaur bodies are already available from third party creators.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Is it bad that I'd like to see an upcoming set that's all re-issues of popular minifigs (Spartan, etc.) and the commonality is all the same throughout the set?

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:16 am

Mantisking wrote:
natelite wrote:well, a female elven warrior or princess has been on quite a few suggestion lists, so i would say that's a very high likelihood for series 7. perhaps even more mythical creatures like maybe a faun. :razz: since we already have minotaurs, just waiting on centaurs and fauns to complete the narnian army.
Keyword here is third party. We all know tlc will follow with an official version if they see the third party version is successful.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:57 am

natelite wrote:
Mantisking wrote:
Keyword here is third party. We all know tlc will follow with an official version if they see the third party version is successful.

unless it is "modern" military

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:29 am

on the fantasy creature idea: A Gargoyle

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:44 am

NIGELTTF wrote: unless it is "modern" military
the line is blurring. case in point - the royal guard. :-D

maybe we'll see more military uniforms soon.

InfectiousZombie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by InfectiousZombie » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:55 pm

NIGELTTF wrote:on the fantasy creature idea: A Gargoyle

This is a great idea! :up:

Also would like there to be an old school deep sea diver, the kind with the hose running down to give them air. A waiter with a tray, kid with a balloon, and a tightrope walker (maybe witha balance beam and flashy outfit, even a scared look on his/her face) are the newest ones I have thought of.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:45 am

natelite wrote:
NIGELTTF wrote: unless it is "modern" military
the line is blurring. case in point - the royal guard. :-D

maybe we'll see more military uniforms soon.
A VFW outfit, or Dress Uniform would be a way of doing it without quite crossing the line.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:47 am

Actually a day of the dead figure...i.e. not a actual skeleton but conveying the sense of a mask...would be cool.

It is also kind of neat to look back at this thread and see how many we've predicted.

leger
I'm New !

Post by leger » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:23 am

I think an angel would be a nice addition to the female cast. Too religious? Actually, a devil would be cool too. Yeah, not likely.

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:19 pm

I wish they could get approval to do licensed CMF series, super heroes, lord of the rings, starwars. (I have heard they can't do this because they are only able to sell building sets and single minifigs would be considered actionfigures.) Megabloks did marvel collectible minifigs so it may be in the realm of possibility.

Bride of frankenstein
medusa
movie fanboy, red and blue 3d glasses on, pocorn and soda (rumor has it the next modular is a theater so the popcorn and soda cups mold wouldnt be out of the question) and hat and shirt for a fictional lego movie logo
frontiersman with davy crocket hat
secret service guy

Kung fu master young or old (like in the classic horribly dubbed kungfu movies)
shaolin monk
kung fu master (bruce lee-esque, maybe that classic yellow and black outfit or black pants and tank with nunchuk, bruce lee hair)

I love some of the other ideas in here as well
bigfoot or abominable snowman with long woody legs
angel
devil
centaur
all great ideas (many more I didnt mention)
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:34 pm

leger wrote:I think an angel would be a nice addition to the female cast. Too religious? Actually, a devil would be cool too. Yeah, not likely.
They did have devil heads in "Monster 4"

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:33 pm

InfectiousZombie wrote:

Also would like there to be an old school deep sea diver, the kind with the hose running down to give them air. A waiter with a tray, kid with a balloon, and a tightrope walker (maybe witha balance beam and flashy outfit, even a scared look on his/her face) are the newest ones I have thought of.
So are you enjoying your Old school diver?

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:48 pm

NIGELTTF wrote:
InfectiousZombie wrote:

So are you enjoying your Old school diver?
And your Waiter with a tray?

davedude
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by davedude » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Yikes... that would be the first CMF series I would either pass completely, or at least not buy a full set of.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

davedude
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by davedude » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:48 am

Luciant wrote:Yikes... that would be the first CMF series I would either pass completely, or at least not buy a full set of.
lol i think they would be pretty neat!

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:56 am

How about a bowler? Bowling bag in one hand, trophy in the other, bowling shirt, and the same hair as the mechanic...maybe with grey temples?

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:02 am

Snake Charmer: Turban, basket, snake, flute.

Tyrant01
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Tyrant01 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:25 pm

I like the shout outs to the older Space series and the newer Space figures (like the Alien Marines), as well as the Castle type figures so that influences what I want to see.

Space Police Riot/Heavy Trooper- This would use the heavy armor of the Space Marine and a riot shield type piece and use the coloration of either Space Police 1 or 2.

Ice Planet Guy- Could be a cyborg or robot, but the main idea is to give him a chainsaw arm and Ice Planet coloration.

General Ideas for older Space factions (M Tron, Blacktron, etc): Leaders, Women, Alien Members, Scientists, Robots.

Vampire Knight- Armored Vampire with fang emblem (or possibly the Fright Knight Bat symbol) shield and printed Euro armor (possibly with a dark red base color), maybe a translucent red sword.

Snake Warrior- Armored warrior with snake symbols or scales on the armor, a helmet to make the face appear to be emerging out of a snake's mouth, the head might have a look that indicates scales and serpentine eyes, snake emblem on the shield, and a crescent (serpentine) bladed sword. May or may not have snake lower half.

Snake Cultist- Snake lower half, scaled mail armor on the torso print with a snake symbol medallion, dark green hood, snake-like face, and a serpent theme staff (capped with a cobra head or maybe serpentine in overall appearance)

Goblin- Short legs like the dwarves, green skin, overall armor (torso and leg prints, helmet) appearance looks kind of thrown together from random scraps, cruel looking curved sword.

Goblin Shaman- Similar to the Goblin except it has a head dress and a staff and no armor (an exposed torso print with a teeth/icon filled necklace).

Black Falcon Knight- An armored knight with the Black Falcon crest printed on the Euro armor and the Oval shield.

Black Falcon King- Printed torso that features the Black Falcon crest on a regal print that is primarily black , white, and blue, crown, and cape.

Thief/Rogue- Black hood and cape, torso print that looks like dark leather armor, dagger, coin bag

General Castle type ideas- Armored figures for the older factions that don't have them, alternate wizard/sorcorer/witch type figures, monarchs (Kings and Queens) for the older factions, Court Officials (Nobles, Jesters, Trumpeteers, Heralds) for generic and official factions, alternate barmaids, alternate peasants.

Immortal-esque soldier (from 300) to oppose the Spartans- This one is probably an issue due to copyright, but it would be great to see them in LEGO form. Alternatively, accurate Persian soldiers.

Roman Senator/Greek Philosopher- White robed old man with an open or rolled up scroll.