LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2013

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2013

Post by SquareSide » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:24 am

Another Theme to tempt me, lol. Digging the Footsoldier the most.

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:43 am

Pretty excited for the TMNT stuff. Will at least have Leonardo and Footclan Soldier mini figures.

Ninjago looks bleh to me, always glance by it in the stores. Just not interested.

gorenoirmag
Citizen
Citizen

Post by gorenoirmag » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:53 am

jmjm wrote: Not feeling the Splinter, either.
That was in the "villians" picture so I was hoping it wasn't splinter

gorenoirmag
Citizen
Citizen

Post by gorenoirmag » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:59 am

The foot soldier looks pretty bad. The main issue here is that they are based off of the new CG TMNT show and not the old school show.. hence the Krang being a normal size and splinter looking like he does.. Oh well

eisenmatt
Citizen
Citizen

Post by eisenmatt » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:52 am

The turtles really look awesome. Exceeded my expectations considering it's based on the new series.

I cant wait to get them into my collection.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:26 am

I don't care about the bad guys or the vehicles, but I gotta get me some of those Turtles. They look great.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:48 am

hatcher wrote:I don't care about the bad guys or the vehicles, but I gotta get me some of those Turtles. They look great.
The ninja turtle minifigs are looking better than I thought. I did not expect TLG would modify the shape of the head piece for the turtle heads. However, the outook of turtle master is a little weird to me. Look forward for more pics on this line.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:46 am

Special preview in NY tomorrow
http://stores.lego.com/en-us/New%20York ... TMNT_PR_US" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:03 am

Just received this email - not sure if everyone did, or just those who live in the NYC vicinity...
Screen Shot 2012-10-12 at 11.58.48 AM.png
From the NYC Rockefeller Center page:
New York City, NY
Don't miss an exclusive LEGO® Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™ event at the LEGO® Store!
On Saturday, October 13th, help us celebrate our newest theme! Visit the LEGO® Store at Rockefeller Center and get a sneak peak of a LEGO® Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™ set launching in January 2013!

Plus, be one of the first 300 people to visit the LEGO® Store at Rockefeller Center, dressed as your favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle™ and you will receive a free exclusive minifigure!

October 13, The LEGO® Store at Rockefeller Center
Saturday, October 13: 10 am - 8 pm
There's no explicit picture of the figure, but I'm willing to bet the Michelangelo pic is a hint...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:51 am

Shredder looks pretty sweet. The turtles are awesome (love that their shells are an 'accessory' as opposed to just prints on their backs.

New school Krang is just weird. An old school brick-built Krang could've been a set all by itself!

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:12 pm

As a kid obsessed with the turtles like all 8 year olds my age were, I always dreamed of what a Lego ninja turtle minifig would look like - and it looked pretty much exactly like that, with the shell being a neck piece. The main good guys look good in Lego form, except for Splinter who looks strange. Also from what I've seen of the series, April is apparently a boring teenage girl-power girl now. As for the villains, Splinter and the foot ninjas are cool, but Krang is pretty lame and I'm not even going to comment on that other... thing there. Reminds me of a cartoony version of Razor from the 2nd movie, or something out of the Crash Bandicoot games maybe.

vyronwynter
I'm New !

Post by vyronwynter » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:11 am

I was too old when the Turtles first came out. So this may color my feelings.

I absolutely hate this theme. I do not like the villians and do not know what I would do with the turtles. Unless there is a part or cool model in a kit, I will be saving my noney.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:11 pm

vyronwynter wrote:I was too old when the Turtles first came out. So this may color my feelings.

I absolutely hate this theme. I do not like the villians and do not know what I would do with the turtles. Unless there is a part or cool model in a kit, I will be saving my noney.
While "hate" is a strong word, I feel the same way. I was a little to old to be a fan of TMNT when they were popular. I actually think some of the figs look pretty nice. I noticed some nice detail on the turtles shells but these sets don't excite me.

I won't be purchasing them but I'm ok with that. A majority of the themes don't interest me. Late 30's adults aren't ever the target audience. :razz:

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:38 pm

I'm thinking I might buy the sets on discount, keep the turtle minifigs (maybe other good ones like Shredder), and either turn the rest of the parts into my 'mass pile' or sell it.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

KyleJohnson11
Citizen
Citizen

Post by KyleJohnson11 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:56 am

See below, pictures of 79100 Kraang Lab Escape, 79101 Shredder's Dragon Bike, and 79105 Baxter Robot Rampage.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:30 pm

i had high hopes for baxter robot but the pics just make me wanna puke. that robot looks horrible.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Lego has an awesome history of making really great mechs in many different sizes. Ninjago, Agents, Power Miners all showed us that. This missed the mark on this mech and this theme.

Buttmunch
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Buttmunch » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:44 pm

natelite wrote:i had high hopes for baxter robot but the pics just make me wanna puke. that robot looks horrible.
Blame the design from the cartoon, not Lego. It looked just like that in the show. Looked crappy there too :lol:no

I like how most of these sets seem to be small, cheaper sets. Even the Sewer set is only in the 500 range, which should mean no more than $60ish.

wegj
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wegj » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm really happy to see that the human minifigs in this line don't look cartoony ala' clone wars, but like regular licensed minifigs.
WEGJ–keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models + Minifigs

gorenoirmag
Citizen
Citizen

Post by gorenoirmag » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:11 am

All these sets look like they'll be just for the minifigs. All the things you build for them are just kinda plain.