2013 Super Heroes revealed at NYCC

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Legobrandon
Count
Count

2013 Super Heroes revealed at NYCC

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:57 am

There's loads of NYCC news over at FBTB, including pictures of 76001 The Bat vs. Bane - Tumbler Chase and 76005 Spider-Man - Daily Bugle Showdown.

The details are as follows:

76001: $39.99, Piece Count: 368, Minifigures: Batman, Bane, Commissioner Gordon
76005: $49.99, Piece Count: 476, Minifigures: Spider-Man, Doctor Doom, Jonah Jameson, Nova, Beetle

Both will be available in January, or more likely, after Thanksgiving in the USA.

Via Brickset

Majorly disappointed with the Tumbler set. Way too small, was hoping for it to be in the same scale as the one from 2007. And, I don't remember seeing that much blue on The Bat in the movie...

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: 2013 Super Heroes revealed at NYCC

Post by ninjagoyo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:13 am

That Tumbler set might be the worst LEGO set I have ever seen. Considering the number of superb MOCs that have been made of the Tumbler at all scales and color schemes, for that to be the best LEGO can do is just shoddy, sloppy work. So far I am calling 2013 as a mega-bust year, as bad as 2012 was good. I'll be spending my money getting 2012 sets on clearance, obviously.

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:17 am

I'll be getting both, Im a sucker for the minifigs. Other than that neither of these really floats my boat. It would have been cool if there was a peter parker minifig to go with jonah jameson but doom and nova make up for it.

I especially hate all the stickers! The super hero sets are covered in them, I thought it may have been because they had a short time to get the first wave into production but it looks like it was just the status quo.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:48 am

What a waste. I can't believe TLG came up with this Tumbler set. Totally disappointed. It is a downgrade to previous tumbler.

iccarus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by iccarus » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:29 am

That Tumbler is so itty bitty. It looks like the original just had a little baby.
Check out my blog - Buried in Bricks

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:48 am

I agree the tumbler is a downgrade, but I think they are targeting the general market with that set and keep the price down. It has a playset feel. I like it for what it is. That said, I think if the Arkham Asylum set sells well, we can expect UCS or better tumbler model for the A/TFOL market.

At least the vehicles don't look like crap like the TMNT set. *barf*

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:50 pm

dilbert12 wrote:I agree the tumbler is a downgrade, but I think they are targeting the general market with that set and keep the price down. It has a playset feel. I like it for what it is. That said, I think if the Arkham Asylum set sells well, we can expect UCS or better tumbler model for the A/TFOL market.

At least the vehicles don't look like crap like the TMNT set. *barf*
I agree, for forty dollars I see a lot of play value for kids being able to pit Bane and Batman against each other with their own respective vehicles. Looking forward to owning an incarnation of the tumbler.

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickGarurumon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:52 pm

Too bad that NONE of the sets are based on the 2003 Teen Titans TV series. I wonder why.

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:12 pm

It's so cute..... a chibi Tumbler. And exactly what we didn't want. It's nice that LEGO included an orange Brick Separator with the Spidey set though.

jasake
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jasake » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:53 pm

i like the size of the tumbler, but i am going to rebuild it but in black, im sure a black tumbler of that size will look nice, also gonna take the blue out from the bat and sub in black pieces.
sure the set doesn't look that good but i think it has some real potential to look fantastic.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Since when is Dr Doom a Spiderman villian? Sets are meh.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:50 pm

BrickGarurumon wrote:Too bad that NONE of the sets are based on the 2003 Teen Titans TV series. I wonder why.
Beeeecause that show ended in 2006?
hatcher wrote:Since when is Dr Doom a Spiderman villian? Sets are meh.
He's pretty much a catch-all villain. He's fought Spider-man a few times in the comics. Notably Amazing Spider-man #350.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:33 am

That Tumbler and Jet are just... just... uninspiring and so blah, I expected more from LEGO here. And blame Toby Maquire spidey for my no enthusiasm at all for LEGO Spiderman. Bane and Gordon mini figs are cool tho.

EDIT: Not to mention the stickers, LEGO what are you doing? WE DON'T LIKE THEM! :down:

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:24 am

dilbert12 wrote: At least the vehicles don't look like crap like the TMNT set. *barf*
Yes. The vehicle from TMNT set is much worst than this tumbler.
SquareSide wrote:
EDIT: Not to mention the stickers, LEGO what are you doing? WE DON'T LIKE THEM! :down:
The sticker, that is located right at the front panle of The Bat, does look very ugly. Nevermine, just don't apply on it when you build this set.

Derek
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Derek » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:08 am

Supposedly, this set is directly out of a scene from the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon.

Both of these sets are representative samples of what LEGO is doing with licensed themes. Using minifigs to sell sets.

Arkham is lovely as a set. The minifigs in that are okay, but the building is a beauty. But, the Bat/Tumbler and Bugle are un-inspired. I was hoping for better. Here's hoping the Batboat set is better looking.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:57 am

Derek wrote:
Supposedly, this set is directly out of a scene from the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon.
Yes, Dr. Doom was featured as a main villain in Ultimate Spider-Man, however, it was in a completely different episode lol. The Beetle was the main villain in the Daily Bugle episode this particular set was based off of, so it seems Dr. Doom was just shoe-horned in there. I've actually watched most of the episodes of the show, and I have to say that it isn't that bad. It's easy to see why Lego/Marvel decided to use the show as a basis for the Spidey sets, since there is a ton of source material to choose from. And the Iron Fist and Nova figures now make sense to me, since they're both a part of Spidey's 'team' on the show.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:19 pm

We love the Spiderman cartoon. Even my 13 year old daughter enjoys it (although she might deny it if asked). It's funny and maybe a little corny sometimes but it's a good show. Now granted, it's not the spiderman cartoon from the mid-90's that I love. However, taking it for what it is, it's enjoyable. Looking forward to the new sets, although I'll join the chorus with those not impressed with the bat/tumbler. Sets like that, I'll just wait for a good sale. Of course, I rarely seem to pay full price for many legos.

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Man, looking at that set just makes me regret not buying the old Tumbler set for $25 when I had the chance. :down:

I'm so disappointed...

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:02 pm

condor wrote:Man, looking at that set just makes me regret not buying the old Tumbler set for $25 when I had the chance. :down:

I'm so disappointed...

And don't forget all of the other clearanced Batman Lego sets...Arkhams, etc. :(

gorenoirmag
Citizen
Citizen

Post by gorenoirmag » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:35 pm

I find it funny that this site/forum is generally just an adult playground for people to whine about how badly designed these kids toys are. I think you all need a time out to put things in perspective. The tumbler is small.. yup.. Lego never makes smaller versions of vehicles ever right? Do you think little johnny will talk his dad into buying a 80+ dollar tumbler set? Then try and fit that beast into his backpack so he can go over his friends house and play with it? Hmm.. DOOM! that is all