Future CMF Series confirmed?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
cowbug
Knight
Knight

Future CMF Series confirmed?

Post by cowbug » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:36 am

Brickapedia is listing series 9-14 as TBD. Does anyone know if this has been confirmed by TLG or is this speculation?

I would be surprised if they stopped now but also had not heard official confirmation that the line would continue beyond series 8.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Future CMF Series confirmed?

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Early this year I heard from a reliable source that TLG already had the minifigures series 8 through 12 decided, so it wouldn't surprise me if they had two more decided by now. The collectible minifigs are very popular right now and I expect them to be around for a long time.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:34 am

I'm going to need a second job if they keep up with their pace. I feel that CMF has lost it's unique je ne sais quoi. They are everywhere now and the parts are available in different sets. Plus the price doesn't help either.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:31 pm

They were also somewhat 'rare' in the first 3 series. Only a few stores carried them, and you only got 1 or 2 boxes per store. Some of the figs have been awesome in the 4-8 but they don't have that extra that you get from the Series 1 and 2 figs.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.