LEGO Boba Fett’s Slave I Tin Can (CVI Celebration)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Boba Fett’s Slave I Tin Can (CVI Celebration)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:51 am

The new exclusive limited edition LEGO Star Wars Slave I Tin Can consisting of Boba Fett is currently being giving away at the CVI Star WArs Celebration. It is priced at $40 USD and limited to 250 per day to a max of 1000 sets. This is similar to the Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator version for the SDCC. (via Smashing Bricks)

LEGO Slave I Tin Can CVI Exclusive

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-boba-fetts- ... lebration/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO Boba Fett’s Slave I Tin Can (CVI Celebration)

Post by Gooker1 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:09 am

Great little pice to go along w/ the Darth Maul from Comic Con. If anyone has extras, I'd be willing to trade the Darth Maul SDCC Tin for it. :)

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:40 am

Yes! I'm at Celebration this year and I can't wait to buy this set today, since LEGO ran out of them yesterday.

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Let me tell you, this was a VERY hard set to obtain. After the the first day of the con, it seemed as if eveyone desired this $40 tin of plastic. Of course, I was one of those people. On the second day, I got in line for the con about 1 and 1/2 hours before it opened. No luck. The line for the exclusive had already wrapped around the LEGO booth by the time I entered the floor. :problem: Oh yeah, did I mention that LEGO was allowing 2 exclusives per person? And since they were selling 250 sets a day, you pretty much had to be one of the first 125 people in line to even have a chance of getting one. If all that wasn't enough, they were allowing the exhibitors to get in line for the exclusives as well. On the third day of the con, I got in line 3 hours before it started, just to ensure that I'd get one. This time when I got in, I ran to the LEGO booth. But there was already a huge line, longer than the previous day's. I had accepted that I wasn't getting one that day, but then I spotted a member of the fan site "Jedi News" closer to the front of the line. I told him that I visited his site every day, and asked him whether or not he was buying 1 or 2 sets. He said he was buying one, so I kindly asked him if I could give him $40 so he could buy me one. He accepted, and about 20 minutes later I had myself a Star Wars Celebration VI exclusive! Woo-Hoo! :-D On the last day of the convention I got there 3 hours early once again, in hopes of buying extras. But alas, I'd wasted my time. The line at the LEGO booth was already very long by the time I'd arrived. So that's my story about how I obtained my set, and thanks for using up a few minutes of your free time to read about it. Bye! :wave:

Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Kodiak10 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:10 pm

Nice. Is the Boba in a Polybag? Is it a variation at all?

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:06 am

Since I only got one, I'm not opening it. But I'm guessing that by the looks of the can and based on the SDCC LEGO Star Wars exclusive, Boba is in a polybag and that he's not a variant. I think that the only cool part of this set is that the Boba minifigure can actually fit into the mini Slave I.