LEGO Elrond Minifigure from Lord of the Rings

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO Elrond Minifigure from Lord of the Rings

Post by The-Daryl » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:33 pm

cornbread wrote:Multiple Toys R Us that I have been to have tons and tons of these left.
Did you mean the Elrond figure, or are you getting it confused with the Mirkwood Elf? (I thought Elrond was a GS exclusive).

cupishalfempty
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by cupishalfempty » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Toys R Us exclusive in Canada

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:57 pm

cupishalfempty wrote:Toys R Us exclusive in Canada
Ah, awesome, I didn't realize that.

So some hope of getting one on the secondary market :)

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Can people just buy them from a TRU in Canada?

simplylemonade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by simplylemonade » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Awesome! I thought I was never gonna get one of these. When will they be released in Canada?

cupishalfempty
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by cupishalfempty » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:57 pm

They were release as a promo with the game in Canada as well. Not available to buy. I tried several times at local TRU's but when they scanned it they weren't in the system so they couldn't sell them to me.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:45 pm

unveilmyeyes wrote:
lego the hutt wrote:
unveilmyeyes wrote:Everyone has the short cape :) getting a different cape from lego isn't the correct cape, it's just a different cape
Did you read the article? Lego has said it is a mistake. All the pictures of the Elrond minifig prior to its release have a long cape.

Everyone but those who have gotten the longer cape as a correction have the incorrect cape.
Je ne parle pas Francais. All I've read on multiple forums is ppl received short cape. Some lego reps promise long cape, but its just normal long cape. Not special elrond cape. Maybe you can translate, but I've yet to hear of poly bag with proper long cape. Thus short is correct ;)
I received three of the long Elrond capes in the mail today. I only asked for two, but they sent me an extra. The Elrond polybags both came with the (incorrect) short cape.

According to this letter, Lego is well aware of this error. And it IS an error (otherwise, why contact quality, as noted below?)

Here is the text of the accompanying letter from Lego:

Dear (me),

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am sorry that the bag that Elrond came in was misleading and had the wrong sized cape. I assure you that we are aware of this and have been in touch with our quality department to make sure that this does not happen again.

I will happily send you two capes, they are on their way from our warehouse in Denmark and should be there within the next two weeks.*

We try really hard ... etc, etc, two more paragraphs, plus a survey url.

* As I mentioned, they sent me three capes. Also, I thought it odd I never received an email from Lego after I submitted the "incorrect or missing part query" - usually they are very prompt in replying. But, it turns out they just sent me the letter in hard copy form with the capes, as noted. Also, the url for the survey is printed on this form.

Edit: One more thing - the box with the cape has a number printed on the flap. The number is: 6024597 - hopefully this is an ID number Lego can use to locate more of the correct cape.

lemus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by lemus » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi Edmond,

Do you authorize me to reproduce part of your post in the BL forum in reply to this thread
http://www.bricklink.com/messageThread. ... nID=685539" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or could you comment there yourself.
Thanks.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:45 pm

lemus wrote:Hi Edmond,

Do you authorize me to reproduce part of your post in the BL forum in reply to this thread
http://www.bricklink.com/messageThread. ... nID=685539" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or could you comment there yourself.
Thanks.

You can repost - that's fine.

Readers might also be interested in this thread:
http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion ... ape#latest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and this one:

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion ... ent_136611" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks for this and supplying the longer cape part number. Hopefully that number will be the difference maker. I almost gave up after they had sent me a short cape to replace the short cape I already had.

:up:

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:57 am

Well, for me, Lego CS (in error) sent me another elf wig instead of a long cape for Elrond (which I guess I can use with the Mirkwood Elves). So, I'll try again to get the right piece. :)

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:16 am

Marcus70 wrote:Well, for me, Lego CS (in error) sent me another elf wig instead of a long cape for Elrond (which I guess I can use with the Mirkwood Elves). So, I'll try again to get the right piece. :)
I sent a new email to Lego CS including the part # for the cape that was provided here. I received an email back saying the usual thank you for bringing this to our attention, sorry for the inconvenience etc...but also that the part # was indeed correct and that they would be sending me that part. It hasn't arrived yet but I'm feeling good about getting the right cape since I included that # and they verified that it was the part number for the longer cape.

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:53 pm

I received a replacement cape, but it's a slightly different color than the short cape. Is that what you found, too?

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:04 pm

TClone wrote:I received a replacement cape, but it's a slightly different color than the short cape. Is that what you found, too?
I haven't received my ..second.. replacement cape yet but I'm hoping it is correct.

Did the slightly different color cape you mention match the part number listed in the above posts?

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Both (incorrect and correct) my capes were the same color.

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:01 pm

The original short cape was blue. The long cape looks like Eomer's and is forest green. Is this incorrect?

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:30 am

TClone wrote:The original short cape was blue. The long cape looks like Eomer's and is forest green. Is this incorrect?
Yes, that is incorrect. The new (long) cape is a slightly different design than the other long capes and should be the exact same color as the short cape that came with the figure.

I truly don't understand the confusion. I linked to two Brickset threads regarding this issue, including this post: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion ... ent_136611" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All you have to do is read or look at the picture.

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:06 pm

Edmond Dantes wrote:
TClone wrote:The original short cape was blue. The long cape looks like Eomer's and is forest green. Is this incorrect?
Yes, that is incorrect. The new (long) cape is a slightly different design than the other long capes and should be the exact same color as the short cape that came with the figure.

I truly don't understand the confusion. I linked to two Brickset threads regarding this issue, including this post: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion ... ent_136611" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LEGO told me today the correct cape is the long green one.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:33 pm

TClone wrote:
Edmond Dantes wrote:

LEGO told me today the correct cape is the long green one.
Someone is giving you the run around. It took me 3 tries to get it right.

I just received the correct cape today...after multiple emails. It is exactly the same color as the original.

I had to supply the correct part number before they sent me the correct one.

I got an email from a Lego Rep (the 3rd response back from them after multiple tries to get the correct part) saying that the part number I sent was indeed the correct part.

I got that part number from this thread...give them that number to get the right cape...

The correct cape matches the picture on the polybag. It is not green.

The number on the box the cape comes in is 6024597.

Thanks again Edmond.

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:59 am

Look at the picture on page 1 though. It looks like a green regular cape.