LEGO Elrond Minifigure from Lord of the Rings

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
iccarus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO Elrond Minifigure from Lord of the Rings

Post by iccarus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Beware if you preordered this game for home delivery. My DS copy arrived today from GameStop and the minifigure was NOT included. I have emailed customer service, but have seen reports that my case is not an isolated incident.

People have said GameStop claims they ran out, which I think is ridiculous. I preordered on 9-1. I would think that should have put me pretty much near the upper end of the list for a copy. If they are in fact out, then that means everyone who ordered PS3/XBOX/PC copies for home delivery are going to be in for a shock when those ship on 11-13.
Check out my blog - Buried in Bricks

Renny
I'm New !

Post by Renny » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:57 pm

You aren't alone. I preordered 2 copies of the DS game from Gamestop and both arrived over the weekend with no Elrond figure. Pretty disappointing and it makes me think that Gamestop is pulling some kind of scam in order to stir up some more sales. I have already sent in my 2 copies for a full refund and have had to purchase the minifig from ebay.

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:55 am

i preordered, and even with the hurricane, when i got to gamestop, they only had TWO elronds left!
i only preordered so i could get this figure.

i got there around 7pm the day gamestop opened after the hurricane shut everything down around here in northern new jersey.

the girl told me they did not get alot, just a heads up! if you preordered, race to gamestop.

Kez
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Kez » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:58 am

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion ... deo#latest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iccarus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by iccarus » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:08 am

Update on my situation: I contacted GameStop CS and they said they are passing on the issue to their premium department to get one sent out to me. I'm still expecting an email to come across saying they are OOS, which means I'll be sending back the game pretty much right away.

On returning mail orders, do I just need to put the game in a mailer and slap the packing label on there?
Check out my blog - Buried in Bricks

Renny
I'm New !

Post by Renny » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:52 pm

I cut the bottom portion of the label, stuck that on the outside of a bubble mailer and placed the game and the rest of the packing list. Sent it first class with delivery confirmation, came to $2.15 for each (2 DS games packaged separately).

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:18 pm

Walked into Gamestop today, to see if they had any Elrond figures left over from the DS shipment of LOTR. I was in luck, they still had a few, and gave one to me. :) Now, I don't have to worry about my preorder, and have time to decide (after game reviews) if I still want to purchase the PS3 version of LOTR.

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:20 pm

Marcus70 wrote:Walked into Gamestop today, to see if they had any Elrond figures left over from the DS shipment of LOTR. I was in luck, they still had a few, and gave one to me. :)
I did the same thing today, but the guy at the counter stuck to the rules. :problem: He did, however, say that I could come back 3 days after the realease and the store might give away any extras they had. NOTE: This is up to the store manager.
Anyway, this gave me newfound hope.

ManaElement
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ManaElement » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:33 am

Went into my local gamestop the other day and asked if I would be able to get one if i preordered the xbox version. The chick said she thought they had some, so she looked and there was a massive bad containing about 100 of them for people who preordered the console version. She wouldnt give one to me until the game's released (the 13th). There were also a couple of Elronds floating around for people who picked up the DS version. I dont think they are rare as people think.

Buttmunch
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Buttmunch » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Anyone else's Elrond have a short cape? Like its meant for a Hobbit instead of a standard size figure? Just not sure if I've got a production error or if they all ended up like that.

I'll have to try out my copy tonight and see if its a demo like being reported on some Xbox versions. If it is, thats an EPIC fail! : :lol:

And the guys in line we're joking asking if I was there for Lego LotR. When I said yes, they weren't sure if I was playing along or serious. I was only the 3rd guy that day picking it up. Everyone else was there for that other game.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:13 am

Buttmunch wrote:Anyone else's Elrond have a short cape? Like its meant for a Hobbit instead of a standard size figure? Just not sure if I've got a production error or if they all ended up like that.

I'll have to try out my copy tonight and see if its a demo like being reported on some Xbox versions. If it is, thats an EPIC fail! : :lol:
Yes, short cape.

I got the xbox version and it isnt a demo

Cimmerian
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cimmerian » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:23 pm

Went and got mine within an hour after Gamestop opened. Thankfully they had plenty of Elronds left.
But boy I feel dirty setting foot into Gamestop. I hate that store.

The game itself is really fun and I'm enjoying it.

Buttmunch
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Buttmunch » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Cimmerian wrote:Went and got mine within an hour after Gamestop opened. Thankfully they had plenty of Elronds left.
But boy I feel dirty setting foot into Gamestop. I hate that store.

The game itself is really fun and I'm enjoying it.
:lol: Ditto man. I prefer to avoid gamestop as well. Amazon is my preference, but you gotta go where the exclusives are. Physical exlusives always trump DLC IMO because DLC can be DL'd later. You can't download a figure. I wish!

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:19 am

There has been a mistake. From what I read Elrond was supposed to have a normal length cape. The short hobbit cape was a mistake. Contact customer service for a new one.

I haven't done this yet, just read about the mix up tonight. I thought the short cape was fine but I will probably contact CS anyway.

http://www.lordofthebrick.com/2012/11/e ... /#comments

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:15 pm

So, an update on the elrond cape.

I contacted customer service with an email like was mentioned in this article on Lord of the Brick:
http://www.lordofthebrick.com/2012/11/e ... /#comments

I never got a reply, I didn't think they had sent anything, but just now I checked my mail and I was happy to get a small package from Lego. When I opened it they sent me the wrong cape again!

I got another Hobbit sized cape. :down:

The picture on Lord of the brick clearly shows 2 different pics, one with the correct cape and one with the smaller version (that I have 2 of now).

Just because I have decided to collect every LotR/Hobbit set that is produced, it would be nice if the collection was 100% complete with the correct cape. Maybe in a few days I'll try to contact customer service again. For now I'm a little disappointed.

Did anyone else get the short cape resent instead of the correct one? Did anyone else even care?

unveilmyeyes
I'm New !

Post by unveilmyeyes » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Everyone has the short cape :) getting a different cape from lego isn't the correct cape, it's just a different cape

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:45 pm

unveilmyeyes wrote:Everyone has the short cape :) getting a different cape from lego isn't the correct cape, it's just a different cape
Did you read the article? Lego has said it is a mistake. All the pictures of the Elrond minifig prior to its release have a long cape.

Everyone but those who have gotten the longer cape as a correction have the incorrect cape.

unveilmyeyes
I'm New !

Post by unveilmyeyes » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:00 pm

lego the hutt wrote:
unveilmyeyes wrote:Everyone has the short cape :) getting a different cape from lego isn't the correct cape, it's just a different cape
Did you read the article? Lego has said it is a mistake. All the pictures of the Elrond minifig prior to its release have a long cape.

Everyone but those who have gotten the longer cape as a correction have the incorrect cape.
Je ne parle pas Francais. All I've read on multiple forums is ppl received short cape. Some lego reps promise long cape, but its just normal long cape. Not special elrond cape. Maybe you can translate, but I've yet to hear of poly bag with proper long cape. Thus short is correct ;)

simplylemonade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by simplylemonade » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:22 am

Ugh, I can't believe I missed out on the Elrond figure. Hopefully it will get released in a set or something at some point. I haven't been to a Gamestop in a while. Do I still have a chance of bumping into one or two of these polybags now? :(

cornbread
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cornbread » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:15 am

Multiple Toys R Us that I have been to have tons and tons of these left.