Theme Ideas for Lego

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Transformers2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Theme Ideas for Lego

Post by Transformers2 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:38 pm

If you can have any theme in the form of lego... what would it be?

I would like a Halo line and the spider man back. Lame how megabloks holds both the lines. Imagine Lego forum grunts, elites and hunters, warthogs all non-mega bloks.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Re: Theme Ideas for Lego

Post by toystest » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:51 pm

Star trek :D (also held by mega blocks)

I would give anything for a model of deep space 9
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:54 pm

Too bad this one is mega blocks :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

legogeek
Knight
Knight

Post by legogeek » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:16 pm

Avatar, Legend of Zelda would be cool.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:25 am

The beauty of LEGO is that you don't have to wait for the company to put the pieces in a box for you ;)

For Star Trek, check out the Flickr pool LEGO Star Trek! Personally, after watching 'Galaxy Quest' with my daughter last night, I think I might want to one day try my hand at a LEGO NTE-3120 NSEA Protector. I've not seen ANY so it would be a rather unique project.

As for the topic at hand, I would like to see a Battlestar Gallactica series. My favorite theme has always been SPACE and their success with Star Wars is not only the fact that SW is so popular, but the vehicles are so unique. The same can be said for BSG vehicles.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:06 am

I picked up the lego hobby again just recently, so I do not have the pieces yet to build many large scale custom builds, I might try some of the smaller, but I am afraid that even for those I do not have the pieces. Thanks for the link though, there are some cool mocs out there.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:22 am

I too would really like a LEGO DS9 (Deep Space Nine) station, the problem is that the thing is so unstable. I'm sure it works great as a Space Station in zero gravity, but in gravity, it would probably collapse under its own weight. The promenade or Quark's Bar would be easier to make.

If they every were any Star Trek Lego, they'd probably focus on the current movies since DS9 went off the air like over 10 years ago.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:55 am

toystest wrote:I picked up the lego hobby again just recently, so I do not have the pieces yet to build many large scale custom builds[...]
I'm in the same boat. I've started small. I'm currently playing around with speeder bikes, and I'd also like to play around with hovercars.

hatcher is right, though - if TLG were to pick up a ST license, it would be with the new J.J. Abrams reboot franchise, not anything that came before. Nero's Narada would be awesome, but almost impossible to keep together.

I would like to see ST ships in Midi-scale, like the Midi-Millenium Falcon. I would also like to see more Midi-scale SW ships. Apparently there's a Midi-Star Destroyer coming out, but that will be out of whack with the Falcon, so it's going to be a strange scale.

And, of course, a Midi-scale Galactica and Pegasus would be awesome.

Eddy976
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Eddy976 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Transformers2 wrote:If you can have any theme in the form of lego... what would it be?

I would like a Halo line and the spider man back. Lame how megabloks holds both the lines. Imagine Lego forum grunts, elites and hunters, warthogs all non-mega bloks.
Didn't Lego used to have the license spider man? What happen to it?

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:43 pm

Marvel signed a deal with Mega blocks instead. That's why you see all those cheap Spiderman, Ironman, Hulk, Fantastic Four mega block stuff rotting in the clearance sections.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:41 pm

It's a little more complicated than that. Sony had rights to merchandise the movies, so you had Spidey-themed movie LEGO sets, but after they stopped doing that Marvel signed a deal with Mega Bloks to do comic-themed sets, so MB have the comic version of Spider-man and other characters in their sets.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:53 pm

vynsane wrote:It's a little more complicated than that. Sony had rights to merchandise the movies, so you had Spidey-themed movie LEGO sets, but after they stopped doing that Marvel signed a deal with Mega Bloks to do comic-themed sets, so MB have the comic version of Spider-man and other characters in their sets.
Let's hope that with Disney purchase of Marvel Lego will end up with this license.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:47 pm

I had a few Spider-man sets made during the LEGO Studio run.
I had at least the green goblin.
Not sure what happened to him, maybe he is hiding in my lego box. lol
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!