LEGO Star Wars Rancor Pit Set

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
just2good
Knight
Knight

LEGO Star Wars Rancor Pit Set

Post by just2good » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:33 pm

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Re: Star Wars 2013 Rancor set!

Post by hatcher » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Well, the rancor isn't quite large enough, but otherwise, not bad. The real question is, will that Gammorrean fit down its throat?
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

lordharrier
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by lordharrier » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Click on the link to see Bag End!! I haven't liked any LoTR so far but his one I'm buying.
My Dark Age was 41 years.. weep for me.

My Flickr: There isn't much but I have a lot of favorites!

Deathleech
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Deathleech » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:50 pm

A very cool looking Rancor but I agree, it's fairly small compared to the source. I would have figured they would of just made it much bigger and out of bricks but I guess not.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:22 pm

I think the rancor pit is great and a definite must have. My only concern is the price! I like how the rancor seems to have studs above the shoulders. I forsee some rancor saddles and fun MOC in the future!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Good to see TLC not ruinning/wasting the set of Jabba Palace. Is this the first time they were using two box sets to combine up for a dioroma?

I think the bone, held by Luke, is too big for Rancor's mouth. TLG should use the bone from werewolf at CMF4.

While Jabba Palace's MSRP is now $120, I would guess TLC is dare to set it at $100. They know we will get it anyway, they don't care if we can afford it or not.

Cimmerian
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: LEGO Star Wars Rancor Pit Set

Post by Cimmerian » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Nice set! I'm liking the rancor.
My guess is $59.99 retail, $79.99 at TRU.

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:58 pm

THIS IS EPIC!!!!!!!! :up: :-D :clap:
Finally, this long awaited set has been revealed, and it is spectacular! Of course, alone it doesn't look like very much, but combined with 9516 Jabba's Palace i'm sure it'll appear amazing! I can easily tell that the four pyramid-shaped bricks at the top of the pit are meant to fit into the four holes on the bottom of Jabba's Palace (shown below).
I've been holding out on buying the palace, but this pit might have just changed my mind. I really like the details on the Rancor, and I can't wait to see what's to come from LEGO.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Deathleech
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Deathleech » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:59 pm

legohunter wrote:Good to see TLC not ruinning/wasting the set of Jabba Palace. Is this the first time they were using two box sets to combine up for a dioroma?
They also did that for the Uruk-hai Army set that can attach to the Battle for Helm's Deep set from the LotR line.

While Jabba Palace's MSRP is now $120, I would guess TLC is dare to set it at $100. They know we will get it anyway, they don't care if we can afford it or not.
I would hope not, that set looks like 80 dollars max.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Deathleech wrote:A very cool looking Rancor but I agree, it's fairly small compared to the source. I would have figured they would of just made it much bigger and out of bricks but I guess not.
If Rancor is brick build, playability will be missing. According to TLG guideline, all lego set must carry playability elements for young kids. Thus, I am expecting it as in one piece. Being said that, I agree that Rancor should be bigger for matching the scale.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:35 pm

anthonyj8 wrote:THIS IS EPIC!!!!!!!! :up: :-D :clap:
I can easily tell that the four pyramid-shaped bricks at the top of the pit are meant to fit into the four holes on the bottom of Jabba's Palace.
Yes, no doubt the four pyramid-shaped bricks are used to secure the Jabba Palace. But now, I am concerning if the pit gate could be lift-up when Jabba Palace is on top of it?

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm real excited about this but... I have some concerns. I really want to see how this looks put together with Jabba's palace. Is it going to be stable when stacked? It seems like with the tower on the palace, the weight distribution would be off. Maybe I'm just thinking too hard.

But, yeah, I want to see them stacked.

tommy20
Peasant
Peasant

Post by tommy20 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:01 pm

And what happens to the tower when they're stacked?!?

Lotsa questions on this one...

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:26 pm

tommy20 wrote:And what happens to the tower when they're stacked?!?
This is my question too. It's just hanging out over empty space? :cry:

admiralheinrich
Citizen
Citizen

Post by admiralheinrich » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Maybe a smaller set that has yet to be introduced will go below the tower? The Droid interrogation chamber? Or better yet A MAX REBO BAND GREEN ROOM... lolz.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:15 pm

If they made the Rancor to scale, the price of this set would be through the roof, and everyone would bellyache about it being so expensive. Despite it's size, I think it looks great. I especially like that it's jaw and fingers and jaw are articulated. Perfect for snacking on minifigs!

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:20 pm

admiralheinrich wrote:Maybe a smaller set that has yet to be introduced will go below the tower? The Droid interrogation chamber? Or better yet A MAX REBO BAND GREEN ROOM... lolz.
That would be nice but I'm guessing it's more likely that the tower disconnects and sits next to the pit and main room when they are stacked together making them both the same height.

Though I like another smaller set that stacks underneath the tower idea better. That droid interrogation chamber would be sweet. I don't think we have ever gotten the Ev9D9 droid (i had to look up his name and i consider myself a pretty knowledgeable starwars nerd).

The Max Rebo room wouldn't be located underneath it doesn't seem.

darth_duny
I'm New !

Post by darth_duny » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Droid Interrogation Room.. that's a good theory. Hopefully you guys are right. They said they were going to introduce the other possible 2013 sets at Comic Con? Is this right? Which means in the not so distant future we could see what the possible room underneath the tower could be (if there even is one)?

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:34 pm

TLC might be trying a newer approach similar to the LOTR sets a few sets can be assembled together. I think we will be seeing some more sets that will add up into a bigger scene

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:07 pm

They may have more sets instore for comiccon, they said they would show off new marvel and dc sets tomorrow and Lego Starwars day isn't until saturday so maybe saturday they will show off another set or two?
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln