LEGO Monster Fighters Haunted House

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO Monster Fighters Haunted House

Post by Kodiak10 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:51 am

popnfresh wrote:This set is going to be a classic, and I bet very sought after in a few years. buy buy buy!
Right on target. For some reason, I just have a feeling that this set will have a short production run. Wonder who will carry this set besides Lego? Thoughts.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:34 am

Kodiak10 wrote:
popnfresh wrote:This set is going to be a classic, and I bet very sought after in a few years. buy buy buy!
Right on target. For some reason, I just have a feeling that this set will have a short production run. Wonder who will carry this set besides Lego? Thoughts.
I think TRU will show it on their website overpriced and it will be out of stock whenever there is a sale. :down:

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:24 am

I think this set is simply excellent. The exterior looks great (those zombie heads on the pillars are definitely going to swapped out to create a zombie army) and while the interior could use a bit more furnishing to be perfect, it's nothing that can't be fixed. The selection of minifigs is great as well; a couple of exclusives, Mr. and Mrs. Vampyre (saves me from purchasing the castle) and a couple of ghosts. Great. :up: Too bad I'm broke! :sad:

I also find the pricing interesting. 179.99 USD vs 199.99 CAD; looks like the weakness of the American dollar is starting to show (something in this price range would normally run $149.99 USD).

karl
Peasant
Peasant

Post by karl » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Im in line for 2. I plan to make it bigger and change out all the sand green parts for dark bluish gray :eek:

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:19 pm

jmjm wrote:I'm actually not that crazy about the colour scheme but I'm totally in love with how the house folds open and how much floor space there is. It's so much like a dollhouse, which is so cool!

I'd probably mod it to be more of a regular house -- just take off the boards in the windows and the spider webs :-D .
It is a waste turning it into a regular house. :angel: There are lots of detail at exterior. I would even add more bat statues on top of "light gray 1x1 round plate" around the house.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:51 pm

Holy crap, this thing is awesome! I love the 'Lurch' figure (recolored Frankenstein monster).
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legolebowski
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Lego Store in the Mall of America - 20 year anniversary

Post by legolebowski » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:26 pm

Legobrandon wrote:
tensor wrote:"Top floor features gramophone, records and newspaper LEGO® elements."

Am I the only one not seeing them?

Fantastic set. The gramophone is a fantastic idea. If I were to get this set, though, or make my own MOC record player I would make it on a spinning tile so the record could spin. I really like the antenna piece as the needle though.

legolebowski
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by legolebowski » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Oh and that black and white Frankenstein monster is fantastic! I would very much love a line or a set or two that is all in B/W with B/W minifigures.... so it would look like the old monster movies.

jmjm
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jmjm » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:01 am

karl wrote:Im in line for 2. I plan to make it bigger and change out all the sand green parts for dark bluish gray :eek:
Totally! I was kinda stumped about what colour I'd like the exterior to be and I think that type of blue would be awesome. It would make it look like it is night-time :up: .

The boards on the windows are cute -- I'm just not crazy about those spiky railings. The beige bushes are perfect! And I'm loving the broken stone steps in the front of the house.

I hope this set is around for a while. Having just broken down and ordered the Medieval Market Village (I'm scared it'll be discontinued any moment!) I need this to be around when my lego budget is in good shape!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:30 am

now listed on s@h with Sept 1 date

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Haunted-House-10228
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:30 pm

jmjm wrote:
karl wrote:Im in line for 2. I plan to make it bigger and change out all the sand green parts for dark bluish gray :eek:
Totally! I was kinda stumped about what colour I'd like the exterior to be and I think that type of blue would be awesome. It would make it look like it is night-time :up: .
I think the sand green color is a fantastic choice, as Victorian era houses generally featured ornate decoration including the exterior paint. I could see using dark bley in order to make it a B&W version, though...
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:30 pm

vynsane wrote:
jmjm wrote:
I think the sand green color is a fantastic choice, as Victorian era houses generally featured ornate decoration including the exterior paint. I could see using dark bley in order to make it a B&W version, though...
IMHO, both sand green color and dark bluish gray are nice match to this house. I imagine the dark bluish gray could carry out a heavier spooky effect. I guess the reason not using dark bluish gray at original design because it may be looking dull, which is not attractive enough.

After swapping out the sand green with dark bluish gray, the sand green pieces could be used for Green grocer enlargement. There was too much room at Green grocer backyard.

LegoFanTexas
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by LegoFanTexas » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:40 pm

autobrick wrote:
I also find the pricing interesting. 179.99 USD vs 199.99 CAD; looks like the weakness of the American dollar is starting to show (something in this price range would normally run $149.99 USD).
Keep in mind that you have GST/HST added in already, we have to add sales tax to our prices... And your business taxes are higher in general.

So really the price is the same.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:29 pm

LegoFanTexas wrote:
autobrick wrote:
Keep in mind that you have GST/HST added in already, we have to add sales tax to our prices... And your business taxes are higher in general.

So really the price is the same.
Umm, no, we have to add the GST/HST on top of that as well. So as an example, this would cost $226 after taxes in Ontario, where HST is 13%.

TheDoomrider
I'm New !

Post by TheDoomrider » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:32 am

This will definitely be my Halloween centerpiece this year.

nick92181
I'm New !

Post by nick92181 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:48 am

This house looks great and will look great sitting below the Vampyre Castle on our buffet. I'm really looking forward to seeing more pieces in this line, and think the Zombie Coffin car will look great parked outsite.

moonagedaydream
I'm New !

Post by moonagedaydream » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:09 pm

This is a set that i absolutely must have. I'm a sucker for the glow in the dark ghost figures, and I would probably buy this for the gramophone alone. Plus the house itself has some very nice details.

Buttmunch
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Buttmunch » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Had nothing to do today, so I started and finished the Haunted House :lol

Finished!

Found the perfect spot for the Grandfather Clock set!

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:21 am

Interesting to note, Toys R Us has a new listing for the MF Haunted House (10228) for $169.99 ($10 dollars lower than the Lego store). Currently out-of-stock online and says sold in stores.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=12710100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:41 am

Marcus70 wrote:Interesting to note, Toys R Us has a new listing for the MF Haunted House (10228) for $169.99 ($10 dollars lower than the Lego store). Currently out-of-stock online and says sold in stores.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=12710100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nice find!