850449 CMF Beach Set

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: 850449 CMF Beach Set

Post by vynsane » Wed May 30, 2012 1:29 pm

ncbarrett wrote:is the clam new?
Nah, it's been around for a while...
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

mooslug
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mooslug » Thu May 31, 2012 1:13 pm

True, it does seem a bit overpriced (especially compared to a $12 licensed set like 4865 Forbidden Forest, with 4 minifigs). But if it goes on sale I'll pick one up to go with my Creator Seaside House, rather than go through the hassle of finding duplicate CMF from old waves.

Maybe that's part of TLG's rationale behind releasing this set - it works well as a companion to the new Seaside House.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:11 am

The calendar set they made seemed pretty decent because of all of the printed pieces you got, but this one doesn't really appeal to anyone except those who are maybe missing these minifigures? I feel like TLG puts out quite a few sets for people who don't pay any attention to LEGO, hoping they buy it instead of making the smart decisions and ignoring it.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:14 am

legitimatealex wrote:The calendar set they made seemed pretty decent because of all of the printed pieces you got, but this one doesn't really appeal to anyone except those who are maybe missing these minifigures? I feel like TLG puts out quite a few sets for people who don't pay any attention to LEGO, hoping they buy it instead of making the smart decisions and ignoring it.
The impression I get is that their business practices, generally speaking, are geared towards their target demographic, as well as attempt to bring in new customers. As its been mentioned before, AFOL's make up such a small percentage of their customer base (in terms of revenue), so it makes perfect business sense to me.

I do, however, wholeheartedly agree with you.