9526 Palpatine's Arrest?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

9526 Palpatine's Arrest?

Post by lego the hutt » Thu May 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Does anyone know anything about this set?

All of the other star wars sets that are planned to be released in august have been shown at multiple toy shows and have been well documented in some detail at this point.

I have seen nothing on this Palpatine Set. Brickapedia says it is a June 2012 release date...I am figuring this is incorrect?

Here is the brickapedia link :http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/9526_Palpatine%27s_Arrest

Doing a search came up with multiple forum discussions on this set but no concrete info.
I did find some listed specs posted on a forum:
Price: $90
Pieces: 645
Weight: 1,2 kg
Box measure: 540x282x79 mm

Brickset has a page for this set with no pics or info.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: 9526 Palpatine's Arrest?

Post by pumbaugh » Fri May 18, 2012 12:40 am

I think this set is to be a store exclusive, TRU or Target, most likely TRU. No reason to show store exclusives at toy shows when they won't be available to everyone.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Fri May 18, 2012 12:53 am

It's pretty common to still have store exclusive sets at toy shows from what I have seen. Two very recent examples would be Orc Forge being the target exclusive, and the Y-wing being TRU exclusive.

At the very least I would think there should have been some pictures somewhere. Even if they did have a confidential watermark. But at this point we are well past the confidential watermark stage for sets that are set to be released in august...and according to brickapedia this set is released in june...

I'm having my doubts.

DarthPaka
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by DarthPaka » Sun May 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Maybe it'll be something like this?:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darthpaka/ ... hotostream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mrgreen:

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Tue May 22, 2012 1:13 am

DarthPaka wrote:Maybe it'll be something like this?:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darthpaka/ ... hotostream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mrgreen:
I like your moc. :clap:

It will be nice...if it even happens...to get a chancellor palpatine fig based on episode 3. There are multiple emperor figs based on the original movies and the clone wars version but none based on the newer movies. There is a chancellor palpatine variation in one of the video games that would make a nice new palpatine fig.

I hope I'm wrong in thinking this set isn't going to happen but I'd think there would be at least some pics by now if it was legit. I'm not holding my breathe at this point since no one seems to know anything.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue May 29, 2012 5:41 am

Looks likes it real. See the link. (Story in French, but the pictures speak all languages.) Via Hothbricks.

http://www.hothbricks.com/2012/05/9526- ... es-images/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 am

hatcher wrote:Looks likes it real. See the link. (Story in French, but the pictures speak all languages.) Via Hothbricks.

http://www.hothbricks.com/2012/05/9526- ... es-images/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sweet! Finally a pic. Now I wonder if it will actually release in june like has been listed? Anyone able to read that?

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Tue May 29, 2012 9:07 am

Here is another version of that link I found in english:
http://www.fbtb.net/2012/05/29/9526-pal ... n-germany/

Cost is listed at 89.99...though that's not in dollars. On closer inspection the set seems to have some nice figs but i'm unsure how I feel about the set itself.

The thing that stands out is palpatines goldish color lightsaber. It looks nice. I believe that is new? Not sure if I like the mini version of anakins ship. I wonder if there is a second face on palpatine that has more wrinkles. That is one of the first scenes when we see him more clearly looking "emporer like".

It also looks like there are some holes that would lead to possible connection sets in the future. I could hope for a Jedi council chamber, a padawan learner chamber, a imperial senate...100 sets that lead to building a giant coruscant layout :shock:

That link does say the probable release is in august, not june like brickapedia has listed. That would make more sense. That is when the other summer star wars sets are released.

admiralheinrich
Citizen
Citizen

Post by admiralheinrich » Tue May 29, 2012 1:30 pm

Anybody else notice the blank gold microfigs? Those are pretty neat...

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Tue May 29, 2012 1:41 pm

Wow, Lego really kept this set well under wraps! It made it to the store shelves before it was leaked on the net!

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Tue May 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Why is there no piece count on the front of the box? Are we sure this is real?

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Tue May 29, 2012 2:18 pm

This set is pretty cool. I wonder if there is a thing that can shoot Mace out the window? I wonder how far her would fly? :angel:
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:54 pm

starfire2 wrote:Why is there no piece count on the front of the box? Are we sure this is real?
Sets produced in Europe don't usually have a piece count on the front. Probably because that would lead to Europeans calculating how much they're actually paying per piece.

Derek
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Derek » Tue May 29, 2012 4:17 pm

lego the hutt wrote:
Cost is listed at 89.99...though that's not in dollars.

a.
Usually, the price (number) in Euros is the same as US Dollars. So $89.99 USD is probably about right.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Tue May 29, 2012 5:36 pm

lego the hutt wrote:It also looks like there are some holes that would lead to possible connection sets in the future. I could hope for a Jedi council chamber, a padawan learner chamber, a imperial senate...100 sets that lead to building a giant coruscant layout :shock:
That was one of the first things I noticed, and I'd be willing to bet that that's what they intend to do. They've already done it with LotR (Helm's Deep and the Uruk-hai Army sets). I'd say a Jedi Council Chamber is very likely, as it will be an opportunity for LEGO to throw in a bunch of Jedi minifigs to help drive up the price.

Case909
I'm New !

Post by Case909 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:16 pm

I like the force lightning accessories that Palpatine has. "Unnnnlimiteddddd Powwwweeerrrrrr!" :-D

wegj
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wegj » Tue May 29, 2012 7:46 pm

i'm looking forward to getting these figs in non-clone wars style
WEGJ–keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models + Minifigs

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Tue May 29, 2012 9:36 pm

unclephn wrote:
lego the hutt wrote:It also looks like there are some holes that would lead to possible connection sets in the future. I could hope for a Jedi council chamber, a padawan learner chamber, a imperial senate...100 sets that lead to building a giant coruscant layout :shock:
That was one of the first things I noticed, and I'd be willing to bet that that's what they intend to do. They've already done it with LotR (Helm's Deep and the Uruk-hai Army sets). I'd say a Jedi Council Chamber is very likely, as it will be an opportunity for LEGO to throw in a bunch of Jedi minifigs to help drive up the price.
I really hope so. I feel like this is the wave of the future for lego. Consumers want multiple sets that combine together to create larger layouts and it makes more money for lego that way by selling extra sets.

There have been a few sets like this in the past but I feel like it is a very under utilized function.

The old Jabbas Palace set had 3 sets that combined back in 2003. Other than that I can't think of anything else that was specifically made for more than 2 sets to combine. Helms deep has 2, hogwarts has 2 etc...but multipe sets, 3, 4, 5, 8 sets that join together. That would be awesome, and a cash cow for LEGO imho.

I'm hoping the Jabbas Palace set that comes out in august will have this feature. It has the holes for possible connections and the original Jabbas Palace set a precedence...and all the Lego star wars fans have been asking for a rancor pit forever.

kbsig106
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by kbsig106 » Wed May 30, 2012 3:21 am

Nice set and it has the DC0052 Airspeeder!!

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Wed May 30, 2012 12:25 pm

Looks too expensive