What to do with TC-14?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
greanie2011
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

What to do with TC-14?

Post by greanie2011 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:38 am

What will everyone do with their TC-14 minifigure?
Im not a big collector and i got one for possible trade power, just not sure what it is or will be worth? Trade now or later?

What is the aftermarket like now for them? (As of this post there were a few going on Ebay for around $30)

What will it be worth in the future? (Is there hope the value will incease? Drastically or minimally? reduction in value?)

What are collectors who cant be without them do with them? (Display? with what set?)

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Re: What to do with TC-14?

Post by legitimatealex » Sun May 13, 2012 1:54 pm

greanie2011 wrote:What will everyone do with their TC-14 minifigure?
Im not a big collector and i got one for possible trade power, just not sure what it is or will be worth? Trade now or later?

What is the aftermarket like now for them? (As of this post there were a few going on Ebay for around $30)

What will it be worth in the future? (Is there hope the value will incease? Drastically or minimally? reduction in value?)

What are collectors who cant be without them do with them? (Display? with what set?)
If they don't release it anywhere else, expect the price to rise substantially to levels that will blow your mind. If they continue to be released, the price probably will stay the same.

Personally I hate people buying LEGO just to 'display' and not actually make anything with it. I think with a great minifigure like that, a creation should be built to showcase it or incorporate it in somewhere.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

jeremyp4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jeremyp4 » Mon May 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Mine is going to be stored away. Though it would make a nice extra to the appropriate sets.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Tue May 29, 2012 8:26 pm

greanie2011 wrote:What will everyone do with their TC-14 minifigure?

you had to be first in the gate to sell/trade it when the value was higher before the big giveaway promotion. some insiders had this already and were selling them before the lego.com promotion. so you can get $30 and I believe that's slightly higher than the avg. (which is $25) and it won't likely go higher than $35 in the after market

looking at the other promotion minifigs that were sold or given away as promos in NA or Europe at various times, they vary in value from $20-$35 so I don't see this any different, chrome or not. any decrease or increase will be minimal.

Cannot compare it to c3po or the nuremburg darth vader. white boba fett decreased in value by about 50% even the darth maul promo minifig has come down from avg of $50 to $25 now but these were no freebies from lego.com. closest example is arf trooper so value on this will stay in the range I stated before.

I chuckle when people offer tc-14 for trade. To me, it does not hold the same value as those other minifigs because you had to buy white boba fett and chrome vader whereas tc-14 was free and if you missed the boat on the promotion I rather just pay to get it then to trade for it.