Lego Friends for Valentine's Day

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
harrelmusic
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Lego Friends for Valentine's Day

Post by harrelmusic » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:06 pm

I hope I wasn't the only person to buy a Friends set as a Valentine's present! I would say my wife tolerates our LEGO obsession, but she's no fan/enthusiast. Sounds like a terrible present doesn't it? Perhaps it is, but since I have two sons, we needed an excuse to buy our first Friends set. From here on out we can buy Friends sets for parts and so poor Olivia can have a friend. I'll post an update letting you know if my wife enjoyed building it with her sons (and husband of course). It looked promising as she turned the box around and looked at the contents during dinner. Who needs jewelry for Valentine's Day?*

*probably my wife, next year for sure

http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrel/687 ... hotostream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Lego Friends for Valentine's Day

Post by natelite » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:32 pm

i'm not sure if that's such a great idea. it never is, when the wife is not a fan to begin with. giving her lego has a selfish connotation, kinda like homer giving marge a bowling ball which he himself wanted.

best to just give her something she needs or wants. not something you think she wants.

harrelmusic
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by harrelmusic » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:10 pm

Actually, her birthday is at the end of the month, so she got a present of an iPhone for her birthday and Valentine's Day -- we weren't planning on getting anything else for each other. She seemed to have fun building with the boys and they were funny, especially my first grader teaching her how to following the instructions. Selfish might have been if I had given her some Star Wars sets. ;-) okay...this is selfish two. A gift for everyone in the family though, how's that!?

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:37 pm

So was it a positive experience overall?
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

harrelmusic
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by harrelmusic » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:41 pm

legitimatealex wrote:So was it a positive experience overall?
Yes, she had fun and if the Friends line continues, I'll probably do it again. Of course she might get mad at me or the boys for taking pieces from it for MOCs. ;-) SInce it could possible be a once in a lifetime experience, I took plenty of pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrel/set ... 324683499/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FireWolf
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FireWolf » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Good to hear that your wife enjoyed it. Lesser pressure when getting lego now! :lol: