New VIP key chain?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

New VIP key chain?

Post by UnknownUser » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:55 pm

Found this on bricklink.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.as ... saveView=N" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:up:

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Re: New VIP key chain?

Post by sidersdd » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:02 pm

Hey, it's LEO! Is that red chrome? Doesn't look like the hands are chromed though.

Venvoi
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Venvoi » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:46 am

The image doesn't seem to be working, but here's another:

But that's an awesome find, UnknownUser! He does appear to be red chrome. I wonder how we'll be able to get ahold of one of these :up:

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:25 pm

That is a pretty slick looking key chain. Since Lego seems eager to promote their VIP program recently, it might be a VIP-exclusive thing like the CMF 'Top 5' pack and Mini Modulars, or even a thank-you gift for VIPs (I wish). It would go great with the chrome minifig keychain [http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=852688-1].

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Every time I look at my VIP card I wondered why there wasn't a VIP key chain or figure. I guess now we'll have one. Cool!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:12 pm

I just got a "Happy Holidays" card in the mail from the Lego VIP Team. No coupons or special promotions with it. I guess it's the thought that counts.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:19 pm

evo8hks wrote:I just got a "Happy Holidays" card in the mail from the Lego VIP Team. No coupons or special promotions with it. I guess it's the thought that counts.
Me too. It did happen to mention that free shipping ends on whatever date in December. :lol: Subtle hint I guess.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:21 pm

evo8hks wrote:I just got a "Happy Holidays" card in the mail from the Lego VIP Team. No coupons or special promotions with it. I guess it's the thought that counts.
I got one too, a few days ago. This is pure speculation, but I was thinking that this was a way to verify VIP addresses, prior to the mini modular exclusive coming out next year. Catalogs typically wont be returned for a faulty address by the post office. But cards would be.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:24 am

The keychains seem like a good idea, but if you actually use them as a keychain they get beat all to hell. I got the 2Gb USB drive keychain for Christmas last year and thought it would be cool to have it on my keychain, but the whole thing got nicked up pretty quickly and the face printing got rubbed away in spots. I can't even begin to imagine how this thing will look once the chrome starts flaking off.

That said, if it ends up being a free promo item, I wouldn't refuse it ;)
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:38 am

Agreed (using keychains destroys them) My poor biker scout keychain is ready to fall apart (fortunately I have another one). I keep my keychain collection on my corkboard as decorations. I would be happy to have a VIP keychain join the crew.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:10 am

While I agree that using the keychain does beat up on the figure, isn't that another sign of a well enjoyed minifigure? My stormtrooper keychain has been on a long tour of duty and I like how it can take a beating and keep coming back for more.

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:48 am

I have a pirate keychain that's missing a regular leg, one arm, hook hand in the other arm, face has been rubbed off and the skull and bones pattern is no more too. Got a wizard next and he lost both of his legs, one hand, and his torso printing was faded. Luke Skywalker pretty much stayed together but he looked like he had the crap beaten out of him. I use keychains for my keys. When one kicks the bucket either I purchase another or my wife buys me one more. They last a few years at least.

It is a little weird though.
"Hello little minifig. I know you have aspirations of becoming a part of something bigger. Perhaps you always dreamed of being in a modular house set or wished to fight with your Star Wars buddies in Ewok Attack. I've got something much better for you. It's called the inside of my pocket. Now now-don't give me that look. Sure, my keys will occasionally poke you uncomfortably and the pin and chain attached to your head is effectively a leash-but there is a silver lining. You will be the spokesperson for my love of Lego. When I give the lady at Price Chopper my discount tag-she'll know. When I hand my keys to the mechanic so he can fix my car-he'll know. You are my beacon and I want you to shine bright!"

As for the red and shiny VIP keychain-I have a feeling that stuff would flake off in your pocket after awhile. Just guessing.
Jared

zhouston
I'm New !

Post by zhouston » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:04 pm

Well my roommate just got one of these in the mail for free. Which is weird because I spend way more on LEGO than he does. It looks like they shipped them to VIP members who are more active: http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=5679" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:31 pm

mine arrived today: very strange, since I haven't purchased all that much this year.

david

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:24 pm

More active = buy more often.

I honestly rather save hundreds of dollars a year on buying sets for cheaper than S@H lame 20% off sales than get an ugly mini figure.

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:34 pm

I have one of these available for the right trade. Sealed.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:13 pm

TClone wrote:I have one of these available for the right trade. Sealed.
Sending pm. Despite having spent over $500 at the LEGO store last year, we did not get one, alas.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:05 pm

Don't feel too bad if you don't get one, I spent over $3,000 at LEGO stores last year and I haven't received one yet.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Brickbuilder0937 wrote:Don't feel too bad if you don't get one, I spent over $3,000 at LEGO stores last year and I haven't received one yet.
Wow, you definitely have us beat, there! Thanks.