2012 LEGO Star Wars (Summer)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Yogibara
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

New Desert Skiff 9496

Post by Yogibara » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Shouldn't Luke have a glove on one hand? In the box art he has 2 regular hands.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: New Desert Skiff 9496

Post by vynsane » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:36 pm

At the point in the movie this set is based on, his cybernetic hand was just fine. It wasn't until he made it to Jabba's Sailbarge (after the fight on the skiff) that his hand was shot, and it wasn't until he was out of Tatooine's atmosphere in his X-Wing that he put on the black glove to cover the burn hole in the fake skin.

I've also merged this discussion into the main "2012 LEGO Star Wars (Summer)" topic because it really doesn't need its own topic.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: New Desert Skiff 9496

Post by sadowsk1 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:57 pm

vynsane wrote:At the point in the movie this set is based on, his cybernetic hand was just fine. It wasn't until he made it to Jabba's Sailbarge (after the fight on the skiff) that his hand was shot, and it wasn't until he was out of Tatooine's atmosphere in his X-Wing that he put on the black glove to cover the burn hole in the fake skin.

I've also merged this discussion into the main "2012 LEGO Star Wars (Summer)" topic because it really doesn't need its own topic.
Very nice call!

Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: 2012 LEGO Star Wars (Summer)

Post by Kodiak10 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:41 pm

The best release of Star Wars sets in years, IMO. Lego all around is ROCKING this year!!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:27 am

legohunter wrote:Hopefully, this Jabba’s Palace is more complete, which includes the trap to drop Luke into the beast cave. I guess new Gamorrean will be sculpted for this palace.
anthonyj8 wrote:
Personally, the news that excites me most is "LEGO Systems unveils the new LEGO Star Wars Rancor Pit construction set." What will this set be like? And less importantly, by how much will Toys R Us inflate the price? ;-)

Woo! TLC heard us. Rancor Pit is coming.

thibkaji
I'm New !

Post by thibkaji » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:42 pm

For anyone interested, Lego Shop at Home in North American has added both the UCS B-Wing 10227 and the Malevolence 9515 to the website. I find it interesting that the B-Wing is up on the site, with a release date of October 1st, but none of the other Summer sets coming out in the next few weeks and being sold now at Toys R Us and Amazon.com are listed.