LEGO 8831 Series 7 Minifigures (Summer)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

Which Series 7 Minifigure(s) are your favorites?

Aztec Warrior
15%
Evil Knight
15%
Galaxy Patrol
15%
Jungle Boy
No votes
Viking Woman
6%
Ocean King
8%
Grandma Visitor
10%
Rocker Girl
3%
Tennis Ace
No votes
Computer Programmer
2%
Bride
5%
Swimming Champion
2%
Daredevil
2%
Bunny Suit Guy
11%
Hippie
2%
Bagpiper
6%

Total votes: 62

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO 8831 Series 7 Minifigures (Summer)

Post by silvashado » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:57 pm

I wish there were more of the Valkyrie in there, but I'm just happy to see more females and more cool dresses!

I am also happy to see 5 evil knights. So going to make an army of them.

I'm really digging how cool all the designs are. They've really been stepping up to the plate in the last few series. Can't wait to see 8. In fact, I'm surprised it hasn't leaked yet.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:57 am

though i totally dig the space marine, but i'm kinda upset they didn't introduce other colors initially. how am i going to get the jetpack and helmet in other colors to retrofit my series 1 spacemen and series 6 pink spacewomen and series 3 black space villains and series 3 purple/green space alien? I'll need to upgrade the space villain with the new cyborg arms and legs from the monster fighter theme because the current pegleg and robot arms look horribly skinny.

I hope to see more space marines! Either as more cmf series or as its own theme! White with red highlights or black with gold, purple with green, red with yellow, etc. the new mf is yards better than the ADU or space police 3. Just need new space orks for the space marines to battle!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:28 am

The red packaging would've been perfect for xmas.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:52 am

slacker wrote:The red packaging would've been perfect for xmas.
How about a dark green similar to this red colouring?

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:59 am

Legobrandon wrote:
How about a dark green similar to this red colouring?
Dark green would be awesome and harder to find under the xmas tree.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:07 am

natelite wrote:though i totally dig the space marine, but i'm kinda upset they didn't introduce other colors initially. how am i going to get the jetpack and helmet in other colors to retrofit my series 1 spacemen and series 6 pink spacewomen and series 3 black space villains and series 3 purple/green space alien? I'll need to upgrade the space villain with the new cyborg arms and legs from the monster fighter theme because the current pegleg and robot arms look horribly skinny.

I hope to see more space marines! Either as more cmf series or as its own theme! White with red highlights or black with gold, purple with green, red with yellow, etc. the new mf is yards better than the ADU or space police 3. Just need new space orks for the space marines to battle!
You should support the Space Marines idea on CUUSOO then! LEGO has already commented on it, in fact, so it looks like a very good possibility, given it garners enough support.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:20 am

I just looked at the Eurobricks review and they really do a great job of making one want them all! I shudder to think how much I've spent in CMF since Series 1 :what?:

I wonder where/when we will see them first in the US? I'm so not ready to do the hunt again though!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:27 am

vynsane wrote:
You should support the Space Marines idea on CUUSOO then! LEGO has already commented on it, in fact, so it looks like a very good possibility, given it garners enough support.
voted but it only has 1.8k. i kinda doubt it's going to move as fast as shaun of the dead. personally, i don't see the appeal of walking deads. :lol: not sure if we'll really see it produced as a set. way too r-rated.

anyway, back to space marines... with halo, war hammer 40k, starcraft, and many others centered around epic sci-fi battle theme, why hasn't lego capitalize on this concept yet? it's just very strange. so far the body armor is a run-away winner. i absolutely love it and coming from me (someone who can find something to nitpick :lol: ) that's a huge complement. the helmet is very close to perfect. it just needs to be able to fit a visor and it's there. leave the printing on the visor instead of the mf head. the helmet is even better than the space police version since the sp version doesn't actually sit flushed on the mf head - it's like he has a turban underneath.

is the market for sci-fi space marines really that small that lego keeps giving mega bloks the sales? mb has halo and did they have warhammer at one point? my memory is really fuzzy - can't really remember. what's funny is that even imaginext has space marines. :lol:

and this theme will be a gold mine: you have the big ass tank, the kick-ass exo-suit or mecha (larger scale), the aircrafts, the dropships, etc. i think the popularity may even rival star wars. :lol: i of course could just be dreaming. ;-)

another major winner is the epic medieval fantasy battle genre - like warcraft. i know we had the fantasy castle and the last kingdoms themes but those are different in that it's all knight-centric. we need something similar to heroica. we're talking multi-class, multi-racial good vs evil epic battle! i think this theme is riskier than space marines because the major appeal is the minifigures, while with space marines you can sell plenty of vehicles with the minifigures. the buy-in will be to create structures which the heroes will explore, like new adventures, new monsters, new maps. kinda like the temple of the crystal skulls from indiana jones - falling stairs, trap doors, native enemies, etc..

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:50 pm

^ I love every idea you just mentioned, especially the Herioca-like theme. I really think they should just turn Herioca into a full-fledged them, complete with sets, battle packs, etc. It probably won't happen anytime soon what with the upcoming arrival of LOTR, but I think it's a very strong concept with huge potential, for all the reason natelite mentioned.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:20 am

CMF home page for Series 7 has just been offically launched at LEGO site.

http://minifigures.lego.com/en-us/defau ... inifigures" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

danutsta
Peasant
Peasant

Post by danutsta » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:16 pm

can hardly wait for these.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue May 15, 2012 4:45 am

Finally found some last night.
And I have to say that the Galaxy Patrol guy is spectacular. :mrgreen: :up:

I was able to get 3, only need a few more for the ship I am building.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Thu May 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Speaking of which, has anyone found them in the CA area yet? I just went there and found none...

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu May 17, 2012 9:36 pm

UnknownUser wrote:Speaking of which, has anyone found them in the CA area yet? I just went there and found none...
http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewt ... =36&t=5669" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :-)

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by silvashado » Fri May 18, 2012 2:07 pm

UnknownUser wrote:Speaking of which, has anyone found them in the CA area yet? I just went there and found none...
Been buying lots from official LEGO store, and saw them at TRU for inflated prices.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri May 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Or Valentine's Day...who the heck is in the marketing department over there? :lol:

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri May 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Just curious, which are the most popular/high demand figures?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri May 18, 2012 4:56 pm

atmail35 wrote:Just curious, which are the most popular/high demand figures?
I can't tell you because the outcome would be based on my personal favor. However, I could provide you the sale statistic at my local wal-mart, which carried over 8 boxes of series 7 minifigs. Evil knight has been gone first (even 5 of it available in each box), and Aztec Warrior next. This number told me there were many army build fans in my town. Both swimmer, bunny guy, and tarzan, hippie, bagpiper were easy to find.

My local walmart never had trouble to sell the minifigs. This series was almost sold out within 2 weeks.
Btw, I opened up the Viking woman. Surprisingly, she was looking better than I expected. I liked her even more than the viking guy from series 4 when I displayed them next to each other.
Last edited by legohunter on Fri May 18, 2012 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri May 18, 2012 5:43 pm

Poll to vote for your favorite minfigures is now open. :)

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri May 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Thanks for the poll :)

I had a hard time finding the Computer Programmer, I guess there are a lot of computer geeks around here. I got 12 randoms from S&H and was disappointed that I only got 8 unique ones (bought them to get the May the 4th promo). Doubles of Aztec Warrior, Bunny Suit, Tennis Pro, and Tarzan.

So far I have bought 23 from the LBS (I tried picking through the best I could, but still got doubles (some wanted, some not) and the 12 from S&H and I still don't really have all that I want/need. Oh well the hunt goes on!