LEGO Kingdoms Joust (10223 Exclusive) Press Release

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Relhak
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: LEGO Kingdoms Joust (10223 Exclusive) Press Release

Post by Relhak » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:11 am

I'm not fond of adding a third human faction. Adding elves or dwarves again, ok. Bringing back orcs and trolls, sure. But I prefer the dragon knights to the lions, and don't need the waters any more muddied.
Ice wrote: Man, if you want a nice and complete scene that surrounds the joust, you need like 4 of these sets. At first, I thought we need 2 sets (based on the previous "combined sets" image) which was still ok. But 4 sets is cracy!
I think two sets will do quite well. I don't see a need to two entryways. Move the king's stand to oppose the gate, and build some peasant grand stands to surround it and link to the rest of the set.
Ice wrote: After looking at this picture... I don't think its even worth $120 USD / $150 CAD. Feels so empty in it. Just a bunch of random accessories, a gate and combining 7009 Final Joust set with part of a castle. If the price is lower, then I'll consider maybe buying it.
The castle is chock full of big stickered panels made for the 7-12 range. It looks in line with MMV, but I think MMV would also be a $120 set if it were released today. Too bad this won't be available from someone who might discount it.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:40 am

My initial enthusiasm for this set plunged a bit when I realized that I was looking at the picture of 2 sets joined together. I will only get this if it goes on sale. TRU is where I got the MMV from, and I got it 20% off, so there is hope for us deal hunters. But I must say I'm a tad disappointed in LEGO for pulling this (making it combine-able with itself is a neat idea, but putting a picture of two sets out with the press release is confusing) . It feels like a bit of a bait and switch to me. Not cool LEGO, not cool.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:47 pm

In itself-pretty cool. A nice addition to the line and probably would go well with owners of the current King's Castle and or Market Village. Maybe throw in a Mill for effect. :-)

The novel pieces in this set, Green Princess, Red Faction Prince? and the apparent all black garb Falcon knight are neat, especially that last. I hope this is an indication of perhaps more Black Falcons on the rise.

It would be nice if we get some opposition Kings and Queens to face off against the red faction Kingdom. It can't be all bandits and sell-swords in the Lego Castle theme.

I hope to find this one on sale, as I hope for on all big box items. However with my current work-in-progress, which is on the Kingdoms theme, I am in no rush to add the joust to my collection.

(hope to be finished in another week!)
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

InfectiousZombie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by InfectiousZombie » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:51 pm

I am really looking forward to this set and the possiblity of the Black Falcons coming back! I just rescued my old lego trunk from my parents and found about 15 old Black Falcons, now they just need a leader!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:35 am

Now listed on s@h as coming soon.
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Kingdoms-Joust-10223
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:02 am

My first impression was of the combined sets so it's hard to get excited now...but I'm still trying lol

esurient
I'm New !

Post by esurient » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:13 pm

bring it on black falcons. I am so looking forward to black falcons vs dragon knights(possibly)! maybe a black falcon castle(possibly)!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:40 am

esurient wrote:bring it on black falcons. I am so looking forward to black falcons vs dragon knights(possibly)! maybe a black falcon castle(possibly)!
nah...it's most likely the red lions vs the black falcons. the green dragons are being retired. :lol: although i would have liked it to be the other way round. the black falcons and black dragons have always been more interesting than the red lions. even the latest incarnation. too bad though. or perhaps they can introduce the new elves or new forestmen vs black falcons? :clap:

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:58 am

Release date is now Dec 26 for the US.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:50 am

Question about combining two of these - in particular, the "castle" section - are you literally just attaching the 2 of them back to back, or is there more to it than that? I don't have the set yet, so I wasn't sure. If it is more than that, are there instructions that show the details?
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)