2012 LEGO Super Heroes Marvel (Summer)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2012 LEGO Super Heroes Marvel (Summer)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:42 pm

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Summer Rumor Sets Thread
Keep checking this topic for news with upcoming LEGO Superheroes Marvel 2012 Summer sets! Please note that prices are based on our estimates only.

New LEGO Superheroes Sets

Marvel LEGO Sets

LEGO 6865 Captain America's Avenging Cycle - $12.99

LEGO 6866 Wolverines Chopper Showdown - $19.99

LEGO 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape - $19.99

LEGO 6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout Marvel - $49.99

LEGO 6869 Quinjet Aeriel Battle - $69.99

LEGO 6873 Spider-man’s Doc Oc - $39.99

Marvel LEGO Ultrabuild Figures

LEGO 4529 Iron Man - $14.99

LEGO 4597 Captain America - $14.99

LEGO 4530 Hulk - $14.99

Mini Promotional Sets
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: 2012 LEGO Super Heroes (Summer)

Post by unclephn » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:48 pm

Man, I'm all over the X-Men and Avengers sets. I've been a comic book fan/reader since I was a kid (especially X-Men), and to see these characters come to life, so to speak, in Lego form is exciting! The minifig possibilities are endless!

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickGarurumon » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:13 pm

I hope Rogue from X-Men is featured in the #6866 X-Men set as a minifigure.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Hrm... these all just sound like minifigure packs, not sets. I wonder if there will be more detailed/descriptive names of the sets in forthcoming info. I'm stuck wondering what kind of stuff you will end up building for a set called "Hulk and Thor"...
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:27 am

vynsane wrote:Hrm... these all just sound like minifigure packs, not sets. I wonder if there will be more detailed/descriptive names of the sets in forthcoming info. I'm stuck wondering what kind of stuff you will end up building for a set called "Hulk and Thor"...
I'm thinking that the name is just the minifigs that come in the set. I would be SHOCKED :shock: if they only came with minifigs. I think that the X-men set will probably come with a X-vehicle. (X-jet,X-van etc.)

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:53 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:I'm thinking that the name is just the minifigs that come in the set. I would be SHOCKED :shock: if they only came with minifigs. I think that the X-men set will probably come with a X-vehicle. (X-jet,X-van etc.)
I have a good feeling they'll make the Blackbird (their jet which has been featured in all the movies), and hopefully a Danger Room playset. With the Avengers, possibly a Quinjet and a S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, both of which will be featured in the upcoming Avengers movie.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:08 am

lukeskywalker wrote:I'm thinking that the name is just the minifigs that come in the set. I would be SHOCKED :shock: if they only came with minifigs. I think that the X-men set will probably come with a X-vehicle. (X-jet,X-van etc.)
I'm sure you're right, but that doesn't help in the case of "Hulk and Thor" - seriously, what could those two possibly come with that would make sense? Unless it was tied in directly with the Avengers movie.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:31 am

vynsane wrote:I'm sure you're right, but that doesn't help in the case of "Hulk and Thor" - seriously, what could those two possibly come with that would make sense? Unless it was tied in directly with the Avengers movie.

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

I think it will be. I've read that the plot involves the Hulk being mind-controlled, and ends up fighting each if the Avengers individually. With Thor being the most powerful, it seems like their fight would be the most epic. So I imagine that this might be some sort of playset, but who knows what it might be (perhaps some smashed up street scene?)

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:37 pm

vynsane wrote:I'm sure you're right, but that doesn't help in the case of "Hulk and Thor" - seriously, what could those two possibly come with that would make sense? Unless it was tied in directly with the Avengers movie.

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

The origin story of the Avengers involves them teaming up to fight the Hulk. So the "Hulk vs. Thor" set makes sense to me.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:41 am

Let's keep the spoilers/plot details to a minimum, some people don't want to know these things.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:49 am

vynsane wrote:Let's keep the spoilers/plot details to a minimum, some people don't want to know these things.
Dude. It's a 48 year old comic. Spoilers? Not so much.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:57 am

Mantisking wrote:
vynsane wrote:Let's keep the spoilers/plot details to a minimum, some people don't want to know these things.
LOL! Sorry, I couldn't help but laugh at that comment. I guess my comment could be a little spoiler-ish for those that may not follow the comic books on the regular. But I do apologize if I've spoiled anything for anyone!

Dex1138
I'm New !

Post by Dex1138 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:24 am

And we all know how closely movies follow their comic inspirations :)

I would guess the team sets might be similar to the $10-$12 range Star Wars sets that have army building minifigs and small vehicle or two. Since Hasbro also does Marvel action figures it will probably be the same kind of deal. LEGO can't do straight minifig sets of Star Wars characters because it conflicts in someway with Hasbro's license to produce figures.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:36 am

Mantisking wrote:
I made those edits and my comment based on the assumption that you were referencing plot details of the movie, since that's what we had been discussing up to that point. It may have been clear to you that you were referring to the comic, but it wasn't clear to me, and I'll wager it wasn't that clear to a lot of others as well.

Gr1226
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Gr1226 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:11 pm

The MSRP for the bionicle-style set is $15

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickGarurumon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Too bad LEGO isn't doing any sets for the Marvel cartoon X-Men:Evolution. I'd love to see THAT come out in LEGO.

hothbricks
I'm New !

Post by hothbricks » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Hello, you guys should stop what you are doing now and take five minutes to come visit me at http://www.brickheroes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for some fresh news about DC Superheroes range (& pics).
Confirmed is launching in may 2012 at least in some european countries, confirmed also video game LEGO Superheroes for June 2012.

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:31 pm

hothbricks wrote:Hello, you guys should stop what you are doing now and take five minutes to come visit me at http://www.brickheroes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for some fresh news about DC Superheroes range (& pics).
Confirmed is launching in may 2012 at least in some european countries, confirmed also video game LEGO Superheroes for June 2012.
Thanks. I'm seriously hoping that these truly are ultra-preliminary picks.
I wonder what the videogame will be like. Maybe like Lego Batman: The Videogame.....hopefully....
:-D

hothbricks
I'm New !

Post by hothbricks » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:12 am

Officially the name of the game is... LEGO Super Heroes, not really much more about it for now

Those pics I present are real early preliminaries, if you look closely, they are even drawings more than real pics

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:03 am

The older batman sets are probably better. Harvey 2face looks weird in that outfit. Robin is red instead of his usual colors. I would expect batcave and the batmobile set to rise in price because of the older version of robin and harvey. Also arkham should rise too given the special nightwing. Haven't yet seen penguin or mr freeze.

On a positive note, the new vehicles are absolutely better than the older ones. Look how small the batwing and batmobile are. They fit right in with any city sets. Much better than the oversized version of the first series. We'll probably see a revival of this theme given the popularity of super heroes movies these days. Can wait to see the official version of the ironman.