2012 LEGO NinjaGo (January)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: 2012 LEGO NinjaGo (January)

Post by natelite » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:35 am

hard to say. i kinda doubt it's tlc msrp since it's the time of year where tru marks up like crazy. even for new 2012 sets. recall last year. we haven't yet seen msrp price point other than x9.99. 34.99 started with the night bus so it's hard to tell. for those who are interested, i would say buy first and return later. :razz: all stores should now have extended return policy to after christmas/new year.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Looks like the 2 biggest sets (the boat and the snake truck thingy) are slated to be a summer release again... :sad:
vynsane wrote: "Cole's Tread Assault" seems a bit out of proportion at $39.99 for 286 pieces
Maybe it's due to the new molds and overall larger size: according to TRU it measures 11"x 6" (for comparison rattlecopter is 10" x 9").

akunthita
Citizen
Citizen

Re: 2012 LEGO NinjaGo (January) - More Pictures!

Post by akunthita » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:51 am

I have posted high resolution (legal) images of all the 1012 LEGO NINJAGO Spinners & Boosters packs.

Interesting tidbit; the booster packs are in the same kinds of packaging as the Collectible Minifigures. ;-)
(The NINJAGO packets are larger though to fit the cards and also the packets are NOT mystery packets. Their content is clearly visible on the package.)

You guys are welcome to use the images here as well!

Here they are: http://thebrickblogger.com/2011/11/2012 ... -pictures/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really like the new kendo helmets and the new sai. And I'm in love with the misterious red samurai! :razz:
Last edited by akunthita on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tips & tricks with LEGO Bricks! http://thebrickblogger.com/

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:11 am

Hrm, interesting. I'm confused by the 'booster packs' - do you think the actual release will include an assortment of figure packs in one box, or are they going to be sold one figure per box, as shown in the images? Individual boxes don't seem to be the optimal way to do it.

The 'Training Set' looks cool, and I agree - 'Samurai X' is really awesome, that facemask looks fantastic.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

akunthita
Citizen
Citizen

Post by akunthita » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:36 am

The booster packs are small packets with a minfig, some weapons and card, but no spinner. They come in little packets like the Collectible Minifigs.

The big box you see on the picture is the display box with bunch of the packets. If you click on the image to make it bigger you will see more clearly. Hope this helps! ;-)

vynsane wrote:Hrm, interesting. I'm confused by the 'booster packs' - do you think the actual release will include an assortment of figure packs in one box, or are they going to be sold one figure per box, as shown in the images? Individual boxes don't seem to be the optimal way to do it.

The 'Training Set' looks cool, and I agree - 'Samurai X' is really awesome, that facemask looks fantastic.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:28 pm

Yeah, I understand what the booster packs are, just not necessarily what the business logic is behind them. I don't really think a box filled with a whole bunch of the same exact figure will work. It makes more sense for a box of booster packs to include an assortment of different figures. Perhaps the images shown are just photoshopped protos and not the final intended product which will, theoretically, contain an assortment.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:41 pm

vynsane wrote:Yeah, I understand what the booster packs are, just not necessarily what the business logic is behind them. I don't really think a box filled with a whole bunch of the same exact figure will work. It makes more sense for a box of booster packs to include an assortment of different figures. Perhaps the images shown are just photoshopped protos and not the final intended product which will, theoretically, contain an assortment.
It looks like you get random cards, and perhaps one of a couple different accessories.
The pictures don't indicate having a figure in each pack.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:45 pm

vynsane wrote:Yeah, I understand what the booster packs are, just not necessarily what the business logic is behind them. I don't really think a box filled with a whole bunch of the same exact figure will work. It makes more sense for a box of booster packs to include an assortment of different figures. Perhaps the images shown are just photoshopped protos and not the final intended product which will, theoretically, contain an assortment.
Maybe it's for people who want the figure but don't feel like shelling out for a spinner set?

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:43 pm

Mantisking wrote:Maybe it's for people who want the figure but don't feel like shelling out for a spinner set?
I'm sure that plays a part in the whole concept behind it. I think a part of it also has to do with the popularity of the collectibility aspect that has been seen in the CMF series. It only makes sense to try and expand on that success, and try and capture some of it within the other theme's. With Ninjago being really popular with kids, it seems like a no-brainer. It's kind of like a cheaper, simpler spin-off of a battlepack, which would attract more casual buyers.

I'm not into Ninjago personally, and I probably wouldn't buy a Ninjago battlepack for $13-$15 (CAD), but I probably wouldn't mind picking up a single ninja for the price of a CMF (assuming they'd be in the same price range, of course).

Now that I think about it, this booster pack concept would be perfect for City.

akunthita
Citizen
Citizen

Post by akunthita » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:22 pm

As far as I know these packets are not random. In otherwords all packets contain the same minifig/weapons/ cards. I could be wrong, but this is also the impression I got from the 2012 leaked images. Also, the already revealed preliminary price of $5 for the booster packs is a strong indication that the packets indeed contain the figs, rather than just some small weapons (unless they are made of gold or something). :lol:

There are three of these booster packs (revealed so far) and I assume they will be in the LEGO isle, or at the cashier. And yeah, I'm sure they will get mixed as kids and adults grab them up, or where stores are strapped for space. :problem:

LOL! I just love the smilies here! I can't get enough of them! :razz:
ncbarrett wrote:
It looks like you get random cards, and perhaps one of a couple different accessories.
The pictures don't indicate having a figure in each pack.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:19 pm

I doubt the bags are the same size as the CMF bags-those are too small to fit all that (especially the cards).

akunthita
Citizen
Citizen

Post by akunthita » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Yes, the packets do look bigger. By same kind I simply meant that they are packets like what the Collectible Figs are in. Not necessarily the same size. Sorry if that was confusing! Okay...let's see which smilies should I use now... :think: this one! :oops:
UnknownUser wrote:I doubt the bags are the same size as the CMF bags-those are too small to fit all that (especially the cards).
Last edited by akunthita on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Thanks for the news! I believe these pics have been revealed earlier at spielwaren-hegmann.de. Though, I think we haven't seen this one before.

How popular are these things anyways? Definately not for me, thats for sure. :???:

akunthita
Citizen
Citizen

Post by akunthita » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:46 pm

NINJAGO is extremely popular with kids. It is currently one of LEGO's most popular lines, besides Star wars, of course. :lol:

It's a pretty weird story; with ninjas riding monster machines and fighting skeletons, but some of the accessories, weapons, etc. are really sweet for adults as well. Actually some of the sets are truly inspired - like the Fire Temple - which is really beautiful.

Actually the game is quite fun. Even if not getting into the theme too deeply it is worth getting a couple of spinners just to mess around. They spin really fast and smooth! :cool:

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:51 pm

SPOILER:

Samurai X is Nya.

akunthita
Citizen
Citizen

Post by akunthita » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Are you serious??? That is awesome! I was wondering where she was! :cool:
brickster90 wrote:SPOILER:

Samurai X is Nya.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 pm

It's kinda obvious, really. Her spinner has the same emblem as the one on her other one.

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:13 pm

I just saw part of the face that's visible and can tell it's the same.

So on the booster packs, is it clear what each one comes with? Is it either Cole or Jay or Lloyd Garmaddon and a random assortment of weapons? This could be a good idea by TLC for building non-Star Wars armies.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 am

brickster90 wrote:I just saw part of the face that's visible and can tell it's the same.

So on the booster packs, is it clear what each one comes with? Is it either Cole or Jay or Lloyd Garmaddon and a random assortment of weapons? This could be a good idea by TLC for building non-Star Wars armies.
Each character's booster pack has its own different artwork (and set number). They all also appear to have their own set of weapons as well.

I think the comparison to CMF's is confusing everyone. The only comparison is they're a small packet that contains one minifig plus accessories. There's no 'mystery' involved in these booster packs.

akunthita
Citizen
Citizen

Post by akunthita » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:38 am

I have updated my original post to take the confusion out of about the packets. I hope it helps. :shifty: