2012 LEGO Super Heroes DK (January)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2012 LEGO Super Heroes DK (January)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:26 pm

LEGO Superheroes 2012 January Rumor Sets Thread
Keep checking this topic for news with upcoming LEGO Superheroes DC Comics 2012 January sets! Please note that prices are based on our estimates only.

New LEGO Superheroes Sets

DC Comics LEGO sets

LEGO 6857 The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape ($39.99 USD)

LEGO 6858 Catwoman Catcycle City Chase - DC 1 ($12.99 USD)

LEGO 6860 The Batcave - DC 2 ($69.99 USD / $89.99 CAD / £61.99 GBP)

LEGO 6862 Superman vs. Lex Luthor - DC 3 ($19.99 USD)

LEGO 6863 Batwing Battle over Gotham City - DC 3 ($34.99 USD)

LEGO 6864 Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase- DC 5 ($49.99 USD)

LEGO 6866 Wolverine Chopper S/down

LEGO Superman Minifigure (Comic Con Exclusive)

DC Comics LEGO Ultrabuild Figures

LEGO 4526 Batman $14.99

LEGO 4527 Joker $14.99

LEGO 4528 Green Lantern $14.99

Mini Promotional Sets

LEGO 30161

LEGO 30160
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Re: 2012 LEGO Super Heroes (January)

Post by BrickGarurumon » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Why isn't there any LEGO Teen Titans stuff? Teen Titans is owned by DC!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:33 pm

BrickGarurumon wrote:Why isn't there any LEGO Teen Titans stuff? Teen Titans is owned by DC!
I'd say it's due to the reboot. They're probably waiting on things to get settled, then they'll put out a TT set. Right now DC is going to go with the two biggest, and best known, properties -- Superman & Batman.

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickGarurumon » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Mantisking wrote:
BrickGarurumon wrote:Why isn't there any LEGO Teen Titans stuff? Teen Titans is owned by DC!
I'd say it's due to the reboot. They're probably waiting on things to get settled, then they'll put out a TT set. Right now DC is going to go with the two biggest, and best known, properties -- Superman & Batman.
What is one license theme that YOU want to see?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:23 pm

Aside from the fact that Batman and Superman are probably two of the most readily recognizable superheroes out there, there are also multiple avenues of exposure for both - comics, movies (The Dark Knight Rises, The Man of Steel) and in the case of Batman, an animated series (Batman: The Brave and the Bold) for more mainstream exposure. The Teen Titans animated series is over, if I'm not mistaken, and DC is about to do a major reset of all their titles, which might put Teen Titans out of the running for a while. I'd say we'll see a Justice League series before a Teen Titans series, seeing as how the TT is basically a team composed of JL sidekicks.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:40 pm

They came out with the Young Justice cartoon this year which I believe has been renewed for the fall.
It featured Robin, Superboy, Kid Flash, Aqualad, Miss Martian and Artemis. Robin would be the only recurring character from both teams on the animated show.

I've watched parts of an episode when my son was watching it. I like the feel for it, animation and story is much like the Justice League cartoons. I doubt this team would see a lego version anytime soon. The show has not been on long enough and Robin and superboy would be the only two recognizable characters to the average consumer.

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:24 am

jsnweitzel wrote:
I've watched parts of an episode when my son was watching it. I like the feel for it, animation and story is much like the Justice League cartoons. I doubt this team would see a lego version anytime soon. The show has not been on long enough and Robin and superboy would be the only two recognizable characters to the average consumer.
I agree, If it does well though, I think that it has a good chance of being a lego theme. There is a lot of possible sets to make as well.

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickGarurumon » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:54 am

When I said I want to see LEGO Teen Titans sets, I wasn't talking about the cartoon, I was talking about the comic books.

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:46 pm

We've seen the GL and Wonder Woman minifgures, but all the sets are focused on Supes and Bats. Does that mean GL and Wondy will be included in the Batcave?

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:20 pm

TClone wrote:We've seen the GL and Wonder Woman minifgures, but all the sets are focused on Supes and Bats. Does that mean GL and Wondy will be included in the Batcave?
Justice League battlepack maybe?

Hotspur
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Hotspur » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:14 am

Battlepack? Maybe. I almost think a collectable minifig series would be more likely.

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:28 am

Hotspur wrote:Battlepack? Maybe. I almost think a collectable minifig series would be more likely.
Kinda like what m--a-b---s is doing?

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:00 am

Now that I think about it, I doubt the DC or Marvel themes will have any battlepacks. Those universes are comprised of unique and individual characters, which doesn't really leave much room for 'army building'. From a business standpoint, Lego is better off putting all these characters into different sets to encourage more sales.

So even though Green Lantern and Wonder Woman may not be in any of the sets listed above, Lego has plenty of material to work within order to produce countless waves for the years to come.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:40 pm

TClone wrote:We've seen the GL and Wonder Woman minifgures, but all the sets are focused on Supes and Bats. Does that mean GL and Wondy will be included in the Batcave?
I've been wondering the same thing - where's the set with Green Lantern.

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:09 pm

sidersdd wrote:
I've been wondering the same thing - where's the set with Green Lantern.
They showed Wonder Woman and GL so we know they're coming, but it doesn't look like they match up with any of the sets. I'm speculating that they expected the GL movie to be a hit and Wonder Woman to be in a TV show this fall. But I've also seen posts that there's a focus on the Batman: Brave and the Bold characters. So maybe that's the link. I'm hoping they're in the Batcave, and it's a cool superhero HQ!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:02 am

yoda99 wrote:Batcave for $70 (sith infiltrator price)? With all the increase in prices and lesser pieces, this is going to be small set. :sad:
Where'd you see that?

hothbricks
I'm New !

Post by hothbricks » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:50 am

unclephn wrote:Now that I think about it, I doubt the DC or Marvel themes will have any battlepacks. Those universes are comprised of unique and individual characters, which doesn't really leave much room for 'army building'. From a business standpoint, Lego is better off putting all these characters into different sets to encourage more sales.

So even though Green Lantern and Wonder Woman may not be in any of the sets listed above, Lego has plenty of material to work within order to produce countless waves for the years to come.
Amen to that,

No Battlepacks is obvious, I believe each hero will have his own set but we might see the same hero in more sets over the time, like it is usual for licensed products (SW, etc...)

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm

LEGO 6858 Batman vs. Catwoman (DC 1) seems a lot like the set 7779 The Batman Dragster: Catwoman Pursuit from 2006. Plus they both retailed for around $10. I wonder how different they'll be. :what?:

Derek
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Derek » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:14 am

Preliminary pics have shown up
http://www.brickheroes.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:51 am

Hmm, so wonder woman will be in the superman versus lex luthor set eh? I always suspected Big Red and WW had something going on on the side. ;-) :shh: Don't tell Lois. I hear she's mighty jealous.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?