Which Star Wars Sets are going to be Discountinued soon?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Which Star Wars Sets are going to be Discountinued soon?

Post by Kodiak10 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Lego has a boat load right now of Star Wars Sets out there. Almost 60!! Something's gotta give. Thoughts?

keland
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Which Star Wars Sets are going to be Discountinued soon?

Post by keland » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:47 pm

You can figure that if a set has had at least a two year run that it will be discontinued sometime within the next year. LEGO will most likely want something to take its place before it is clearanced out.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Any Box with the three red clone troopers is likely to go by years end. The Blue clone wars trooper phased out last year. For example, I cannot see the EP V battle packs kicking around taking up the same shelf slot as the current Battle packs with the new Blue Cpt. Rex background.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

Derek
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Derek » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:10 am

My best guesses (these seem like they've been around for awhile):
Battle of Endor
Luke's Landspeeder
Tantive IV
Freeco Speeder
ARC 170
Droid Trifighter
Swamp Speeder

Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Kodiak10 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:58 pm

I think the 2006 X wing 6212 is finally a goner. Lego Shop has it as sold out and TRU has it gone from ther website. Though I spotted a few left at a local TRU. Must be because they are coming out with the new one in January 2012.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:52 am

I know this thread hasn't been touched in a while but I'm hoping some people might feel like speculating on this. It seems as though some sets that seem to have been released pretty recently are being discontinued or at least sold at discontinued prices in stores namely the Millenium Falcon, Anakins Podracer, Sith Infiltrator, and the Republic Frigate. It seems like these sets didn't have that long of a run. Any chance they will be sold out soon through Lego.com also? Is Lego adjusting their formula to give sets a shorter run? When I think of these sets it reminds me of the Battle of Endor set that lingered for a very long before being sold out through TRU and Lego but sold out through most other retailers.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:45 am

I personally think the sets you mentioned will continue to be around for a while. How long? Well, that is the question. I don't think they will be gone before the end of the year but I could definitely be wrong.

Sets hang around at TRU even after they've been completely discontinued. I was just getting back into lego around the time when the AT-TE and the Gunship (7675 & 7676) had gone out. But I found several of these at TRU and was happy to pay full price. The Slave 1 was still at some TRU's that I've been to as recently as a couple weeks ago.

I've picked up sets (like Endor) for half price at Wal-mart over a year before it finally went. Even then, one Walmart would clearance them and another wouldn't. Same with the Republic attack cruiser. So just because Walmart clearances sets doesn't necessarily mean it is gone for good. It may just be at that particular store. Even then, Target as been known to turn around and put a clearanced set back up to full price.

These are just my ramblings but it is always fun to speculate. It's one of those things where you want to wait a little longer to find a better deal but if you wait too long, you are kicking yourself because it may be gone for good. Then again, maybe it won't :-D