LEGO 10222 Winter Village Post Office Press Release

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO 10222 Winter Village Post Office Press Release

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:50 pm

LEGO has sent us the official press release for the upcoming LEGO Creator 10222 Winter Village Post Office. There is also a Youtube video accompanying this set. Available October 2011. Additional pictures available in our Flickr photostream.

10222 Winter Village Post Office

Ages 12+.  820 pieces.

US $59.99 | CA $79.99 | DE €59.99 | UK £49.99

Continuing the winter scene series, the Winter Village Post Office is the perfect snow-covered setting. In the cozy post office, the worker is hard at work sorting all the mail into containers and sacks, while upstairs, there's just time for the postman to take a break before setting off in the traditional post car with all the letters and gifts. From the pavilion outside, musicians fill the air with music, while children take in the wintry atmosphere by the park bench before throwing snowballs at each other - the musicians had better get ready to duck!

Includes 7 minifigures: female post office worker, male postman, female, 2 kids and 2 musicians and a dog!
Post office features dark-green split roof with snow, fireplace, light brick, table, coffee mug, and lamppost and mailboxes outside!
Also features evergreen tree and assorted minifigure accessories

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-10222-winte ... s-release/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO 10222 Winter Village Post Office Press Release

Post by Blacknight » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Video is still private. Failed marketing is failed.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:43 pm

The Flickr link takes me to the Super Star Destroyer. ;)

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:51 pm

Blacknight wrote:Video is still private. Failed marketing is failed.
Hmm, they told me that the video will become available @ approx 7 pm EST (23:59 GMT) August 5th. I would say check back in a few hours.
Legobrandon wrote:The Flickr link takes me to the Super Star Destroyer. ;)
Corrected, thanks!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:18 pm

The set looks great, I can't wait until October. It is going to look nice w/ the Toy Shop and Bakery. I really like the mail truck.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:51 am

This looks great, as do all previous 'Winter Village' theme offerings. I'm playing catch-up, as I haven't yet acquired either of the previous two. 'Winter Toy Shop' is available again at Amazon, hoping it will be around long enough for me to get some disposable income.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:53 am

vynsane wrote:This looks great, as do all previous 'Winter Village' theme offerings. I'm playing catch-up, as I haven't yet acquired either of the previous two. 'Winter Toy Shop' is available again at Amazon, hoping it will be around long enough for me to get some disposable income.
I'm in the same boat. I only started to get into Lego earlier this year, so I've never even really thought about picking up the Winter themed sets until news of the Post Office broke. I just hope I can find them before it's too late!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:35 pm

unclephn wrote:I'm in the same boat. I only started to get into Lego earlier this year, so I've never even really thought about picking up the Winter themed sets until news of the Post Office broke. I just hope I can find them before it's too late!
The only one that should be hard to find the later you wait is the first one - the Winter Toy Shop. That has been discontinued. Winter Bakery should still be available when the Post Office comes out, if it follows the same pattern as last year's release of the Bakery. The Toy Shop was sort of re-issued when the Bakery came out. I don't know if that's set in stone this year, or if that was a special case because the 'Winter' series was still in its infancy at that point.

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:37 pm

I already have the first two so I guess I'm going to have to get this one too. I love all the little details in this series. They are like smaller versions of the large scale buildings.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:00 pm

Theres also 10173 Holiday Train. It's from 2006 (toy shop is from 2009) and it's not named beginning with "winter". But it has the same wintry Christmas feel to it. The train was a short run and commands high prices on the eBay and the bricklink. :( In short, it's not worth it unless you have extra cash to burn.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=10173-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The toy shop is in various stages of availability, so get it at MSRP now before it's too late. Bakery should be around for another year. (And post office for two years.) These are rules of thumb.

I can't recommend the winter sets highly enough. You guys will love them.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Zeya wrote:Theres also 10173 Holiday Train. It's from 2006 (toy shop is from 2009) and it's not named beginning with "winter". But it has the same wintry Christmas feel to it. The train was a short run and commands high prices on the eBay and the bricklink. :( In short, it's not worth it unless you have extra cash to burn.
While it would go perfectly with the buildings, it's considered a 'one-off' and not officially part of the 'Winter' theme. The train does command a high price for fully original boxed versions, but I actually looked into piecing it together and it would be cheaper for the most part. Some of the train pieces are more specialized and expensive, but the bricks used on the cars aren't anything too unique.

Knobby Plastic
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Knobby Plastic » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:38 am

Very nice looking set...especially the price tag. It's nice to see something that actually goes beyond the golden ratio.
View my photostream on flickr
__________________________________________________________________________________
Knobby Plastic

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:19 am

That train set looks pretty cool, but no way am I paying that much for it. I think I'll just decorate my Emerald Night with a Christmas theme :)

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:42 am

Same here playing catch up and didn't pick up Creator Holiday Bakery and Creator Winter Toy Shop when the local Lego store had them discounted. Hopefully I can have the two I mentioned and the new Winter Village Post Office as well. That 2006 Holiday Train would really go nice with these sets as well and I think Lego will eventually come around again with another one like it.
unclephn wrote:
vynsane wrote:This looks great, as do all previous 'Winter Village' theme offerings. I'm playing catch-up, as I haven't yet acquired either of the previous two. 'Winter Toy Shop' is available again at Amazon, hoping it will be around long enough for me to get some disposable income.
I'm in the same boat. I only started to get into Lego earlier this year, so I've never even really thought about picking up the Winter themed sets until news of the Post Office broke. I just hope I can find them before it's too late!
Nice idea with Emerald Night set and I could see it working... :)
condor wrote:I think I'll just decorate my Emerald Night with a Christmas theme :)

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Zeya wrote:Theres also 10173 Holiday Train. It's from 2006 (toy shop is from 2009) and it's not named beginning with "winter". But it has the same wintry Christmas feel to it. The train was a short run and commands high prices on the eBay and the bricklink. :( In short, it's not worth it unless you have extra cash to burn.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=10173-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The toy shop is in various stages of availability, so get it at MSRP now before it's too late. Bakery should be around for another year. (And post office for two years.) These are rules of thumb.

I can't recommend the winter sets highly enough. You guys will love them.
It's a bummer that I didn't purchase this when it was still available. I wasn't into trains at the time. Now I really want it.