Which Modular Building Should I Get?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Legobrandon
Count
Count

Which Modular Building Should I Get?

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Hey fellow Toys N Bricks members! I am wondering what modular building you think I should get. I am mostly interested in 10211 Grand Emporium and 10197 Fire Brigade. Whats your choice? Thank you in advance! :D

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Which Modular Building Should I Get?

Post by Zeya » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:16 pm

I just ordered a Fire Brigade. It's my first modular too. It's going to be the next one to be discontinued, probably this fall or winter. Grand Emporium should be available for another year, and Pet Store just came out a couple weeks ago. But if you don't plan on buying them all or you know you'll buy another very soon, then my personal opinion is that the Pet Shop and Grand Emporium are cooler than the Fire Brigade.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:19 am

Zeya wrote:I just ordered a Fire Brigade. It's my first modular too. It's going to be the next one to be discontinued, probably this fall or winter. Grand Emporium should be available for another year, and Pet Store just came out a couple weeks ago. But if you don't plan on buying them all or you know you'll buy another very soon, then my personal opinion is that the Pet Shop and Grand Emporium are cooler than the Fire Brigade.
Too bad the Green Grocer got discontinued :( . That building looked really good. I personally don't really like the look of the Pet Shop. It seems so 'boring' to me, nothing very special. I might think about getting the Fire Brigade since it is going to be discontinued, and next year I will get the Grand Emporium. Anyways, thanks for the advice :lol: !

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:02 pm

If you can afford it, I would get green grocer now while it's still *cough cough* " affordable unlike cafe corner. If you can't, I also recommend getting fire bridgage as it's the first one that will get discontinued. As far as my favorite build, GE is the best. FB gets played alot. Probably because of the garage door. I'm in no hurry to get the petshop.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:51 pm

I love the Green Grocer, it's my favorite one, even based on photos only. I have bought the GE and FB is next on my list. I haven't built the GE, but I had a lot of fun with the GG, the details are great.

I have heard that the FB has some great details inside. I'm not thrilled with the Pet Shop to be honest, it just doesn't seem as fabulous as the other 3.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:17 pm

slacker wrote:If you can afford it, I would get green grocer now while it's still *cough cough* " affordable unlike cafe corner. If you can't, I also recommend getting fire bridgage as it's the first one that will get discontinued. As far as my favorite build, GE is the best. FB gets played alot. Probably because of the garage door. I'm in no hurry to get the petshop.
Yes, the FB looks like a more playable set, while the GE seems like the one that looks good on displays. To me personally I think the pet shop is really boring, and plain. Thanks!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:27 pm

atmail35 wrote:I love the Green Grocer, it's my favorite one, even based on photos only. I have bought the GE and FB is next on my list. I haven't built the GE, but I had a lot of fun with the GG, the details are great.

I have heard that the FB has some great details inside. I'm not thrilled with the Pet Shop to be honest, it just doesn't seem as fabulous as the other 3.
Yes the FB does have many more details than the other modular buildings. I don't know why but the GG just looks the best out of all the buildings. Maybe its the colour, design, I don't know. I absolutely agree with you on the pet shop. Thanks!

legoeggo
Citizen
Citizen

Post by legoeggo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:25 am

I had a similar conundrum a month back.
I went to bricklink to look at set inventories before I bought them, I got a better grasp of what I can build with it than just looking on the box cover.

Look at the brick link inventories, sort by quantity and descending, you'll be surprised by what you find.

FB http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv ... &sortAsc=D

GE http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv ... &sortAsc=D

From a parts perspective I bought the FB as my first modular because it had lots of gray pieces which can serve as a base for building any kind of moc, especially castle or stone based buildings. It also has the most dark red pieces of any set which I think is a great color as well as 34 1x4 grays with studs on the side for sideways building.

So for parts FB was more worth it to me than GE, although I still think GE looks a lot nicer than FB on the outside.

jessica52877
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jessica52877 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:05 pm

We haven't build the GE yet but I think it looks way cooler then the FB although the inside of that is adorable. If you plan on getting them all (or most) then get the Fire Brigade first.

ENeuman600
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ENeuman600 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:52 am

I was lucky to purchase Cafe Corner last Jan 2009 that price was $250 (reg. $139.99) but now the Cafe Corner has gone up range $699 to 999 each. I could not believe it went crazy prices going on. But I did purchase Green Grocer in 2009. I do have all Modular buildings including market street.

ENeuman600
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ENeuman600 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:51 am

I could not wait to get Town Hall which will release in march and hope that price remain same at $149.99 unless Lego may increase due to cost of living?

ENeuman600
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ENeuman600 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:56 am

I forgot to post this message that I already built modification building for Town Hall and Grand Emporium at County Fair and got first prize and superior prize. The modification building which has 4 set of each Town Hall and Grand Emporium. Thats for four times of current original. One of people who has all of modular buildings and told me your building was way of awesome buildings. I will add picture when I have chance.