Licensed Themes You Would Like To See

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
mrfootball
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Licensed Themes You Would Like To See

Post by mrfootball » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:41 pm

Lego "Where Eagles Dare"

Would LOVE to see the Cable Car playset...Castle...Junkers Ju-52...Motorcycles...Bus w/Snowplow, etc.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Well if you're going for a 'Where Eagles Dare' idea I want a Red Dawn theme.

Get me a racoon hat and some more commies.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Some great ideas are posted but most seem wishful thinking and not practical.

I'd thought of scooby doo before. My son was into that for awhile and still likes to watch the cartoons and it has been around forever.

No one mentioned Nintendo? Mario, zelda, donkey kong, metroid and that's just off the top of my head. Seems like most of the mini figs would be easy and wouldn't be hard to design a set around giant mushrooms or whatever. Donkey kong designed like the purple bear in toy story sets with a jungle theme or a highrise set w/mario too.

Most kids that play with lego probably have a DS or Wii and many AFOLs probably have a soft spot for iconic video game characters they grew up with also.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:41 pm

sounds like cartoon network is rebooting Thundercats, that would be cool but are they owned by Hasbro? I don't know.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:12 pm

jsnweitzel wrote:Some great ideas are posted but most seem wishful thinking and not practical.

I'd thought of scooby doo before. My son was into that for awhile and still likes to watch the cartoons and it has been around forever.

No one mentioned Nintendo? Mario, zelda, donkey kong, metroid and that's just off the top of my head. Seems like most of the mini figs would be easy and wouldn't be hard to design a set around giant mushrooms or whatever. Donkey kong designed like the purple bear in toy story sets with a jungle theme or a highrise set w/mario too.

Most kids that play with lego probably have a DS or Wii and many AFOLs probably have a soft spot for iconic video game characters they grew up with also.
But you don't need to be practical here. It's free thinking!

Everybody
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Everybody » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:07 am

Lord of the Rings all the way!!!! :D

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:00 am

NIGELTTF wrote:
Not really. A lot of the ships look very similar, there are no ground vehicle to speak of. Few minifig scale craft, and too many "bumpy forehead" aliens as opposed to the significantly different humanoids in Star Wars. While yes, I'd love to see it, it would be an economicly bad decision. Plus, to convince Lucasfilm Inc to share shelfspace????? No that's not happening.

As to the orginal question, we need to think not just as fans, but as businessmen. What would be neat to see that would generate money? I'd like Dr. Who, but not a lot of iconic vehicles or building to work with. Gi Joe is too close to modern warfare. James Bond and Jason Bourne? No not enough kid appeal/unique icon "stuff," sure there's the Austin Healy and the Sub-Lotus....but not much more.

TMNT fits the bill

Robotech might as well

Superman(or Justice League) would work

Tranformers....most definitely

Alice in Wonderland....lots of iconic scenes and stuff even if it isn't vehicles. A bit more "female" oriented so a bit of a gamble

He-Man...no too old

Harley Davidson....might work on a one UCS bike per year basis

Shrek....yeah. That would work

Hello Kitty: While very female orinted, it always sells

Scooby Doo...definite posiblities

Jetsons...while I would love it, not current enough. A small line of "The best of Hanna Barbara" would have enough appeal to be worth it. One Jetsons, One Flinstones, Josie and the Pussycats, Wacky Racers, Dexters Labratory, Courage the cowardly dog, Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines, and The Smurfs.

Simpsons...while seems to fit, so much of the merchadise seems to be shelf warmers I wouldn't do it.
You were missing x-men

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:20 am

Too late on hello kitty. I saw megabloks version in tru the other day. Looks cute and definitely marketable.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:35 am

natelite wrote:Too late on hello kitty. I saw megabloks version in tru the other day. Looks cute and definitely marketable.
True, I accidently spotted them at local Wal-mart. Not too bad though. The series comes with multiple box sets. Figures and accessories are cute and neat. However, there is a tradeoff to the figures' hands. In order to have them holding the accessories, megabloks designers changed the hand shape which is totally against the original design. This ends up making them look like a crab (not crap :D ).

Hey, what am I doing????? I am not here to advertise/review for megabloks.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:41 am

natelite wrote:Too late on hello kitty. I saw megabloks version in tru the other day. Looks cute and definitely marketable.
I saw these at TRU as well and thought of this thread. They are very cute and my daughter would actually love them. They also had Smurfs....which I guess are making a comeback with a new movie.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:18 am

Ugh. I saw the prelim versions of the smurf sets. I thought they were alright but honestly they looked more like a Duplo rip off than an actual LEGO set rip off.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Tue May 03, 2011 4:47 pm

G1 Transformers would be really cool in LEGO. But only if they could transform with joints and hinges as rebuilding to change between robot and vehicle defeats the purpose.

KRE-O Transformers were just shown during the 2011 Toy Fair which look like "LEGO compatible" sets. At first I was excited even though I hate non-LEGO. I thought they would at least teach me building techniques for transformers. But then I looked closer and saw that they were rebuilt for the "transformation".
------
LEGO Tron sets would be so cool. Flynn's Arcade is begging to be a corner modular city set. Light cycles, recognizer, tanks, and MCP would be sure hits.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue May 03, 2011 5:50 pm

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:LEGO Tron sets would be so cool. Flynn's Arcade is begging to be a corner modular city set. Light cycles, recognizer, tanks, and MCP would be sure hits.
Testify!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue May 03, 2011 6:12 pm

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:G1 Transformers would be really cool in LEGO. But only if they could transform with joints and hinges as rebuilding to change between robot and vehicle defeats the purpose.
Transformers LEGO will only ever happen if TLG acquires Hasbro or vice-versa. The property itself (not just the license) is owned by Hasbro, so they are free to produce whatever they want and slap the TF likenesses on it.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu May 05, 2011 6:58 pm

vynsane wrote:
SpaceNinjaDino wrote:G1 Transformers would be really cool in LEGO. But only if they could transform with joints and hinges as rebuilding to change between robot and vehicle defeats the purpose.
Transformers LEGO will only ever happen if TLG acquires Hasbro or vice-versa. The property itself (not just the license) is owned by Hasbro, so they are free to produce whatever they want and slap the TF likenesses on it.
Dreamkiller :lol:

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Fri May 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Mantisking wrote:
SpaceNinjaDino wrote:LEGO Tron sets would be so cool. Flynn's Arcade is begging to be a corner modular city set. Light cycles, recognizer, tanks, and MCP would be sure hits.
Testify!
I don't think it would sell that much. Look at how poorly the merchandise is moving only a couple of months after release.

swigginton
I'm New !

Post by swigginton » Mon May 23, 2011 8:33 am

Lord of the Rings
The Matrix

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu May 26, 2011 2:10 pm

Richie Rich >.> I said it.

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickGarurumon » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:38 am

Total Drama, anyone?

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:48 am

Does anyone think The Hobbit is a real possibility for LEGO?

Does anyone think there will be more Batman sets with "Dark Knight Rises"?