LEGO 8805 Collectible Minifigures Series 5

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

Which Series 5 Minifigure(s) do you like the most?

Boxer
4%
Cave Woman
2%
Egyptian Queen
5%
Small Clown
4%
Evil Dwarf
13%
Ice Fisherman
4%
Fitness Instructor
1%
Gangster
9%
Gladiator
14%
Graduate
3%
Lizard Man
18%
Lumberjack
4%
Royal Guard
13%
Detective
1%
Snowboarder Guy
1%
Zookeeper
3%

Total votes: 99

bbb10987654321
I'm New !

LEGO 8805 Collectible Minifigures Series 5

Post by bbb10987654321 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:56 pm

Not much is known about this but from some my resources its going to be out 3 or 4 months after series 4.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: LEGO 8805 Collectible Minifigures Series 5

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Makes sense to me. We will most likely get 4 Series this year which I think is too much.

January, April, July, October

Then January 2012 and repeat.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:05 pm

I hope not...Honestly I'm tired of the collectible minifigures already. LEGO spaced them too close together. I barely get series 2 done and then BAM! It's another series!
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

spock00
Citizen
Citizen

Post by spock00 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:17 pm

I don't mind the spacing or new series but they need to produce more them and sell them in more stores and for a better price like $1.99 all over. $3.99 is too much per minifig.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:21 am

I think there will be some right before the end of the year, like in 2010. What bothers me is the pricing...it's too much for one Minifigure and some accessories, and I'm not even getting the normal plastic-it's some off plastic that doesn't match with LEGO's plastic 100%. And they're way too limited
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:28 am

Didn't somebody say that they will only make up to 6 series and that's it? If they plan to make more, they should really spread them out.

spock00
Citizen
Citizen

Post by spock00 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:32 am

Personally I'd like to see a lot more of these series in the future. My kids and I are enjoying them. I'd like to see LEgo take customer feedback on which new figs to make. I'm not sure what I would want to see... With that said, they should space them out more since they are in limited supply and limited production.
What new specialty series figs would you like to see?

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:22 pm

BobaFett2 wrote:I think there will be some right before the end of the year, like in 2010. What bothers me is the pricing...it's too much for one Minifigure and some accessories, and I'm not even getting the normal plastic-it's some off plastic that doesn't match with LEGO's plastic 100%. And they're way too limited
Tell me about it. I wasn't against getting multiples of a figure at 1.99 because I thought, hey why not? But now I just want the complete set and to be done with it. I don't have $3.99 to blow on a minifigure and one or two accessories.

fangbone
I'm New !

Post by fangbone » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:33 pm

They're 4.99 in NYC. The price is too much, and the blind purchase is a drag. I know there's the barcodes and dots and stuff, but I just don't want to stand in TRU feeeling for little dots for 30 minutes to get the guy I want.

If these were clear packages, and we could see the figures, at least it would give Lego an idea of what's popular. The wanted stuff will fly off the shelf and the ho-hum will stay. In Star Wars collecting we call it "pegwarming" ;)

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:29 pm

So maybe box warming for the minifigures?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:33 pm

fangbone wrote:They're 4.99 in NYC. The price is too much, and the blind purchase is a drag. I know there's the barcodes and dots and stuff, but I just don't want to stand in TRU feeeling for little dots for 30 minutes to get the guy I want.
If you're in NYC you should just go to the Rockefeller Ctr. LEGO Store, forget the TRU in Times Sq. I seriously doubt they're above MSRP at the NYC LEGO Store.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:19 pm

vynsane wrote:
fangbone wrote:They're 4.99 in NYC. The price is too much, and the blind purchase is a drag. I know there's the barcodes and dots and stuff, but I just don't want to stand in TRU feeeling for little dots for 30 minutes to get the guy I want.
If you're in NYC you should just go to the Rockefeller Ctr. LEGO Store, forget the TRU in Times Sq. I seriously doubt they're above MSRP at the NYC LEGO Store.
LEGO seems pretty consistent with keeping their prices the same at their brand stores. The only pricing variance may be from local or state taxes.

jeffrach
I'm New !

Post by jeffrach » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:04 am

legitimatealex wrote:I hope not...Honestly I'm tired of the collectible minifigures already. LEGO spaced them too close together. I barely get series 2 done and then BAM! It's another series!

Waah. I've got a solution for you. Don't buy them if it bothers you so much that you feel it necesary to post your pouting.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:57 am

jeffrach wrote:
legitimatealex wrote:I hope not...Honestly I'm tired of the collectible minifigures already. LEGO spaced them too close together. I barely get series 2 done and then BAM! It's another series!

Waah. I've got a solution for you. Don't buy them if it bothers you so much that you feel it necesary to post your pouting.
There's more here than mere complaining on an internet chatboard. Has it occurred to you that there might actually be LEGO representatives checking out messages on forums such as these? If they hear enough comments like the above, it might actually sway their actions in order to better serve their customers.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:31 am

I'm with you on this. I found some from the third series for the first time last night. I thought about it for a few minutes and ended up putting them back on the shelf. I'm just not that excited anymore. Maybe if Lego had left the barcodes on I would have grabbed a complete set just to have. But I'm not interested in loads of doubles. If I want any specific figures, I might just step up on Bricklink or Ebay.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:50 am

ImmortalShark wrote: I'm with you on this. I found some from the third series for the first time last night. I thought about it for a few minutes and ended up putting them back on the shelf. I'm just not that excited anymore. Maybe if Lego had left the barcodes on I would have grabbed a complete set just to have. But I'm not interested in loads of doubles. If I want any specific figures, I might just step up on Bricklink or Ebay.
LEGO still makes money if you buy from another party.
wont hurt their bottom line. :mrgreen:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:05 am

ncbarrett wrote:
ImmortalShark wrote: I'm with you on this. I found some from the third series for the first time last night. I thought about it for a few minutes and ended up putting them back on the shelf. I'm just not that excited anymore. Maybe if Lego had left the barcodes on I would have grabbed a complete set just to have. But I'm not interested in loads of doubles. If I want any specific figures, I might just step up on Bricklink or Ebay.
LEGO still makes money if you buy from another party.
wont hurt their bottom line. :mrgreen:
Not quite. I'd buy at least one set if I could guarantee no doubles. Now I'll only buy the one's I want. I'll pay extra to the reseller but Lego will be out 14 or so minifigs from me. You could be right, Lego probably doesn't care in the grand scheme of things. But my wallet will be happier and I won't be stuck with 20 figs that no one wants (*cough* Crash Test Dummy *cough*)

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:10 pm

I have 6 crash test dummies, all courtesy of LEGO...

Really if you have them in your hands it is easy to guarantee that you don't get a repeat. Cross reference the bumps if you have to.

Or if you're like me and you have to be sure, feel them. In a set of 16, I repeated once (and it was a second elf, not the worst thing in the world. I missed out on the gorilla).

kevin1990
Citizen
Citizen

Minifigures Serie 5

Post by kevin1990 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Sorry guys that I've been so busy and haven't check up in like ages!
but here is some good news :D

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1186828/pics/Se ... tifigs.jpg

InfectiousZombie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by InfectiousZombie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:54 pm

O..m..g.. I love that dinosaur/Godzilla.