2011 LEGO NinjaGo (Summer)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: 2011 LEGO NinjaGo (Summer)

Post by natelite » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:52 am

actually the magnets in the bases are pretty weak. they should have used some rare-earth magnets, like those you can order from amazon.com. the good thing about the magnet bases is that they can be opened if you have the star shaped screwdrivers. i would change the magnets to the stronger versions.

"Then why bother making them at all?
If they didn't make any, no one would complain about them being glued."

because they have no idea what the market is for magnet figures. it's hard to discontinue a program when historical sales have been strong. they figure demand will drop somewhat but may continue to still be strong if the figures were glued. there can be 2 outcomes if consumers do not buy the new glued figures: stop manufacturing any magnet sets or make them not glued. it all depends on how well the normal sets sell after the change from non-glued to glued.

there are plenty of lego accessories that do not sell well. as long as the cost is low enough (which for the magnets, they are) they can sell at 75% off and still sell out with a little profit. recall that the keychains and magnets are all made in china variety. the reds are off-color and of a cheaper quality just like the cmf series.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:57 am

natelite wrote:have you seen the nat geo's documentary on lego factory? if you have you'll know all magnets are manufactured in the same way, i.e. standardized template. if you use glue on one, you'll need to use glue on all.
Ay. I have watched that a lot although it's been a few months since the last time. It's awesome :mrgreen: Gluing across the board to save on production costs was one of my hunches (see above post) even if gluing is actually adding another step (time and money) that previously wasn't required. I'm sure they ran the numbers and splitting the line and have one for glued and one for un-glued didn't look good but it still is a bummer for unlicensed ones to be the same.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:21 am

Fire Temple is listed 119.99 on TRU.com

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=11815471" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mountain shrine listed 19.99

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=11798867" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:27 pm

ncbarrett wrote:Fire Temple is listed 119.99 on TRU.com

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=11815471" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Price is not unreasonable for a box set with 1180 pieces and it looks good; however, there are too many huge sets out there. With limited budget and space, it is hard to make decision.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:52 pm

Lightning Dragon now on TRU.com. $79.99 :?

I think I'll wait for a B2G1F sale.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:04 am

WOW, that Fire Temple looks fantastic. Not in the cards, though - like everyone else, there are too many high-priced sets. I've been really interested in NinjaGo, but haven't bought a single one yet.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:11 pm

I like the sets, as they are pretty interesting and generally better once built than what they look in the box. I just don't understand the cards...
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

tommy20
Peasant
Peasant

Post by tommy20 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:08 pm

gabriellee11 wrote:I just want to let you guys know that I found this at my lego store...it seems that this is not on their website. It is the Sensei wu pack limited edition and comes with more weapons than the usual packs and some of the weapons glows in the dark and one or two of the cards are hollographic. Price for this is $14.99 in the US. Picture is not great because the ninja go section was crowded and everyone was trying to grab those sets before they were gone. Just letting you know because I cant find any info about this on any other website. Did they put this by mistake?? Have you seen it at other lego store???

Does anybody know if this is still available? I just bought the Ninjago starter for my son, and see that this is going for $50+ online. Is it just hard to find, or actually OOP? Since we would want it for playing, it's certainly not worth the inflated price...

Thanks!

-Tommy

hankdelsi
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hankdelsi » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:44 am

toys r us.com had it in stock, $9.99, although not sure if it's the limited ed version

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:32 pm

tommy20 wrote: Does anybody know if this is still available? I just bought the Ninjago starter for my son, and see that this is going for $50+ online. Is it just hard to find, or actually OOP? Since we would want it for playing, it's certainly not worth the inflated price...

Thanks!

-Tommy
None at the VF LEGO store AFAIK (they still have the spinner arena thingy though) so maybe OOP.
hankdelsi wrote:toys r us.com had it in stock, $9.99, although not sure if it's the limited ed version
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=11798858 nope not that one

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickGarurumon » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:44 pm

I wonder why LEGO never made a Sumo Theme.

pollaja
I'm New !

Post by pollaja » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:16 am

BrickGarurumon wrote:I wonder why LEGO never made a Sumo Theme.
Because Ninja are more sexy than sumo fighters?