2011 LEGO Alien Conquest

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
legitimatealex
Count
Count

Re: 2011 LEGO Alien Conquest

Post by legitimatealex » Thu May 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Bees knees indeed. The best.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

CoMmanderC
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CoMmanderC » Sun May 08, 2011 1:28 pm

the tri-pod could actually be re-configure into an octo purratus droid(the droid with three legs that has the three large blasters):)
"For the Republic"

tired
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tired » Mon May 16, 2011 3:58 pm

How good will Alien conquest be?
The sets look quite good but how does it compare to Atlantis, Space Police III or Power Miners.
Do you think it has enough juice to propel it into 2 or even 3 years?

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed May 18, 2011 10:56 pm

Brickset has news of an upcoming LEGO Alien Conquest 853301 Battle Pack consisting of 5 minifigures. Price is $14.99 (US) and will be available June 1st. Though, I don't think its worth your money when you can get three 7049 Alien Strikers set for that price. Thats 6 minifigures and 3 little striker ships already!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/home/lego-alien- ... attle-pack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Thu May 19, 2011 4:37 am

well, you need the 9.99 set for the second alien. so technically it's $14.98 for 4 figures and a bunch of bricks.

i think someone in marketing or pricing forgot to do his/her homework. the mf count for the alien conquest sets are appalling. the larger sets do not have enough and the smaller sets have plenty. they should incentivize fans to buy larger sets by gradually increasing the mfs. for e.g. the 89.99 set should have like 7-8 mfs instead of 5. the smallest set should have like 1.

right now, there's no incentive to buy the minibag promo sets since that's most likely 2.99 or 3.49 while the smallest set is 4.99 with 2 mfs. the only plus to the promo minibag is the mf vest. way too much to pay for the $1 or 50c premium over the smallest set. moreover, the smallest set will be available in plenty of stores and subject to frequent sales...which means the real cost to consumer is much lower than the promo bags which are most likely at retail price, unless target has the exclusivity and assuming it's sold during a holiday, and assuming you cheat and do the purchase-return-purchase method.

the tripod invader should have 3-4 mfs consistent with say castle or most other 19.99 sets. the mothership set sucks...59.99 for 2?! it should be at least 6-7. any set above 50 should be at least 1 mf per $10 interval. so 59.99 is at least 6. plus it's not even sexy. you might be able to sell a few jet-copters just on design alone but honestly... a lot of the sets will be shelf-warmers awaiting huge discounts by next year.

back to the mothership - it's the worst parts count per price set, ugly design and lowest mf count. hmmm...why in the world would anyone buy it? just for that female mf? i don't think so... :lol:

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Thu May 19, 2011 11:31 am

I wish they added the octopus-looking alien head to the battle pack :lol:

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri May 20, 2011 6:59 am

The Alien Mothership only having two minifigures and a head sucker is insane. There should be another human and 2 more aliens.

However why would we complain about getting a $5 set with two minifigures? :lol:

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri May 20, 2011 7:30 am

To be honest, I don't really like the Aliens.

But I really like the ADU soldiers.

Just give me a battle pack of them and I'd be happy.
:ugeek:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Fri May 20, 2011 7:49 am

Does anyone else think the ADU torso would look better if they swapped the back and the front?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon May 23, 2011 9:54 am

Brick & Blue wrote:However why would we complain about getting a $5 set with two minifigures? :lol:
I agree with this sentiment - for the most part, I'm okay with the larger sets having less figures if they have a wealth of parts to make up for it, which the Earth Defense HQ certainly does - that set is one of the best sets I've seen since I came out of my dark age. I agree, however, that the Alien Mothership is the weakest offering in the AC lineup. There are some great pieces in it, but it doesn't come off as a $60 set. A few more figures in that one might have offset our reactions to it.

I'm also perplexed why there isn't another medium-sized ADU vehicle in there somewhere. The jump from the Alien Defender 4x4 to the Jet-copter leaves room for something else in between - though if they made a small starfighter to fill the gap, it might compete with the fighter included with Earth Defense HQ, which is a huge draw for many people.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon May 23, 2011 10:08 am

vynsane wrote:I'm also perplexed why there isn't another medium-sized ADU vehicle in there somewhere. The jump from the Alien Defender 4x4 to the Jet-copter leaves room for something else in between - though if they made a small starfighter to fill the gap, it might compete with the fighter included with Earth Defense HQ, which is a huge draw for many people.
I was wondering this too, since we got an alien walker, and ufo.
If they made a medium vehicle then it wouldnt have competed with the ship in the HQ.
Perhaps they have plans on 2 waves.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu May 26, 2011 2:11 pm

If they don't have it now they will have it in a second or third wave. It's like Kingdoms, there's no Dragon castle, but there probably will be one in the future.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

tired
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tired » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:29 am

hopefully, ADU will have a base of some sort similar to the second wave of Space Police.
and the aliens to have an orbital space outpost (similar to but not as lame as Squidman's pit-stop) and maybe able to transform into a ground tower.??

I know that the aliens already are pretty much done with vehicles. So perhaps some base structures?

Transformers2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Transformers2 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:09 pm

ADU walker (30140) from Lego.com!
http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buil ... 645679.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:12 am

Looks like a poly-bag set. Crappy design, nice parts though.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:19 am

Mantisking wrote:
Looks like a poly-bag set. Crappy design, nice parts though.
I really wish the pieces were in the new blue that the minifigures are made from. Is it aqua blue?

I'd like the set fine if it were a $3 set, but it's most likely now $4 and that's just too much.

furryCuds1z
I'm New !

Post by furryCuds1z » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Everything looks great but I'm concerned about the playability. Great parts but not exactly a great value.
Lets Rock Elmo is the perfect toy for children and adults.

hrdcrgamer
I'm New !

Post by hrdcrgamer » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:02 pm

The Tripod Invader and the helicopter look pretty darn good.

wingtorn
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wingtorn » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:46 pm

i recently got the tripod set. i like the lil guy in the suit, and the facehugger it comes with. but the tripod itself... the capture pod tends to snap off each time i want to close it. also i havent figured out how this tripod thing manages to "walk." :?:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:44 am

I, too, just bought the Tri-pod recently. The only thing I changed while building it, is that I put the two bent technic liftarms on opposite sides of the leg, as opposed to the same side. It gives the legs a little bit more range of motion. It's a cool little set.

Interestingly, this marks the first theme since I emerged from my Dark Ages where I've (thus far) purchased each set at retail price. I currently have the bottom three sets, each one from the West Nyack LEGO Store.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive