2011 LEGO Magnet Minifigures Now Attached?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2011 LEGO Magnet Minifigures Now Attached?

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Cygnet from The Ugly Duckling at Bricklink has recently purchase the new LEGO Pharoah's Quest 853168 Magnet Pack containing Anubis Warrior, Jake Raines, and Mummy Warrior minifigures for $14.99 USD at his LEGO Store. However, he has reports that the new 2011 LEGO Magnet Minifigures are now attached to the magnet base. This of course is a bad thing as many of us mainly buy LEGO Magnets just for the minifigures. (Via Brickset)

Permalink: http://toysnbricks.com/home/2011-lego-m ... w-attached
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: 2011 LEGO Magnet Minifigures Now Attached?

Post by BobaFett2 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Big ouch. I just saw this a few minutes ago. I was hoping that if there were any rare figs released as Magnets, I could get them...that stinks.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:37 pm

I have the Boba Fett from the 6209 Slave I and I also have the Boba Fett magnet set. Is the quality between these figures the same? I haven't opened up the magnet set.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Uh oh...It's the beginning of the end. They may as well just not offer the magnets at all.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:36 pm

Big uh oh. I just bought this magnet set from a Legostore... if i can't pull the figures apart then its going BACK to the store tomorrow.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:11 pm

oocaleb101oo wrote:Big uh oh. I just bought this magnet set from a Legostore... if i can't pull the figures apart then its going BACK to the store tomorrow.
Good thing that you read this first then. REALLY good thing, in fact-15 dollar magnet sets (AUGH-That's expensive!)-I'd only get one if it had Batman/Spider-Man figs (or other ultra-valuable figs).
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

Nannan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Nannan » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:18 pm

A very reliable source told me that future magnets will indeed be glued.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:48 am

Bleh on Lego doing this.

Guess i'll just return this magnet set. I'd rather spend a tad little bit more and get some sets to build with the figs than figs that I can't take off a base... that Anubis one looks really cool too.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:42 am

Wow, that's just terrible news. We only buy them for the minifigs... guess that's over!
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

kevin1990
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kevin1990 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:09 pm

Yep read the news!
Awefull since lego made moest of there profet on the minifigs

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Awful!! I hope TLG hears about this displeasure. How could they do this? They must have known this would make nearly everyone upset.
Really on that note, they should stop making keychains and magnets altogether and give us the ability to buy the minifigures.

Everybody
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Everybody » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:39 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:24 pm

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:Awful!! I hope TLG hears about this displeasure. How could they do this? They must have known this would make nearly everyone upset.
Really on that note, they should stop making keychains and magnets altogether and give us the ability to buy the minifigures.
Actually, you can get replacement figures for current sets. I haven't tried, but I know someone who did to buy Imperial Soldier Minifigures.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:37 am

Supposedly this change was made to accommodate licensing partners concerns. Why this would affect the original LEGO lines, I don't know.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:09 am

legitimatealex wrote:Supposedly this change was made to accommodate licensing partners concerns. Why this would affect the original LEGO lines, I don't know.
What concerns?
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:33 am

BobaFett2 wrote:
SpaceNinjaDino wrote:Awful!! I hope TLG hears about this displeasure. How could they do this? They must have known this would make nearly everyone upset.
Actually, you can get replacement figures for current sets. I haven't tried, but I know someone who did to buy Imperial Soldier Minifigures.
I actually tried this with the rare Jango Fett figure quite a few months back. No dice. They had the legs/hair and that was it. No Helmet or torso.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:58 am

oocaleb101oo wrote:
BobaFett2 wrote:Actually, you can get replacement figures for current sets. I haven't tried, but I know someone who did to buy Imperial Soldier Minifigures.
I actually tried this with the rare Jango Fett figure quite a few months back. No dice. They had the legs/hair and that was it. No Helmet or torso.
They're probably not allowed to give those pieces away for free, through their licensing agreement.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Mesonak
I'm New !

Post by Mesonak » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:18 am

BobaFett2 wrote:
legitimatealex wrote:Supposedly this change was made to accommodate licensing partners concerns. Why this would affect the original LEGO lines, I don't know.
What concerns?
My theory is that licensed partners were upset that people weren't buying the sets as much as they'd like, opting for magnet sets instead.

So they complained to Lego, who had to give in to the demands. Just a thought.

In a nutshell, Lego's taking away the cheap way of getting rare minifigs, forcing us to buy overpriced sets (namely, the Scorpion Pyramid from Pharaoh's Quest.)

While an understandable move from a business perspective, I'm not a fan of it. I don't know about you guys, but I'm certainly not shelling out $90 for the pyramid set to get several exclusive minifigs. To Bricklink I go!

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:28 am

oocaleb101oo wrote:
BobaFett2 wrote:
It's current Minifigures. Jango Fett is an old Minifigure. Only currently in-production Minifigures can be "replaced".
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:34 am

BobaFett2 wrote:
oocaleb101oo wrote:
BobaFett2 wrote:
It's current Minifigures. Jango Fett is an old Minifigure. Only currently in-production Minifigures can be "replaced".
Haha, i mistakenly lost all my Series 3 minifigures. I would love for them to be "replaced"...