LEGO Series 3 Minifigures Barcode Sheet REVEALED!

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: LEGO Series 3 Minifigures Barcode Sheet REVEALED!

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:36 pm

I got some series 3 at LEGOLAND CA and I can't see any dots. None whatsoever. The ones on those bags in that picture looked fake-as if someone did them with a marker. They do however have 5 digit codes, with 3 numbers, one letter, and another number. May be irrelevant packaging number, but may be important.

Ah: Edit-never mind, the bumps ARE there. I thought they were visible as spots.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:38 am

I hope some of you have had success with decoding these bags. Like I said before, I got 54 packs at TRU before the huge mark up and I can't decode 20% of the box. Some of the dots are not dots. They are bubbles from the lamination process to seal the bags. I've tried feeling out what's inside but it's still hard. I'm hoping to get atleast one set at this point. No hula girl yet.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:13 am

Are you using the decoder sheet at the beginning of this topic or another one? I tried using the one at the beginning of this topic but i found the packaging to have more dots. Then I found another decoder that matched more to what i was seeing on the actual mini's. Either way though, the feel method sooooo didn't work for me. I was like "yeah i think i'm feeling the minifigs torso in all of these...."

Best method I saw for finding the dots was having light reflect off the bumps.. The glare made them quickly visible for some.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:26 pm

I've got the updated decoder sheet. I got a few that have no visible bumps even with any light reflection. I hope Lego brings back the barcode. Wishfull thinking but I think people are getting frustrated and are buying less. Could also be the price.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:16 pm

Gotcha. I guess not all minifigure packages are not created equal. Some were visible while others look like they got cooked too much while others were cut short.

Bricksnapper52
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bricksnapper52 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:56 am

BrickWild wrote:Looking forward to Series 3! The dots are much better than the barcodes!
In hindsight would you still say this?

I have resorted to pinching and feeling. Then once I narrow it down I squint to try and see the dots to confirm. :lol:

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:38 am

I think the dots are easy for some of the figures, but not all. I just bought 16 from the Lego store & brought them home to decipher. When you've got that sheet out in the store, people want to know what you're doing and if you can help. It's a lot of pressure to sort through them with all those people around. Once I deciphered a few it became easier to see them. However, the majority of this series were pretty easy to figure out just by feeling the pieces. After three trips to get some, my step daughters and I ended up with all but the Hula & Elf.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!