LEGO 8804 Collectible Minifigures Series 4

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

Which LEGO Collectable Minifigure(s) do you like most?

Artist
5%
Cracy Scientist
8%
Hazmat Guy
18%
Hockey Player
4%
Ice Skater
2%
Kimono Girl
7%
Lawn Gnome
2%
Musketeer
12%
Punk Rocker
8%
Sailor
1%
Soccer Player
2%
Street Skater
3%
Surfer Girl
4%
The Monster
8%
Viking
8%
Werewolf
7%

Total votes: 250

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: LEGO 8804 Collectible Minifigures Series 4

Post by Ice » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:03 pm

jtwhatley wrote:Hello evryone. I am looking to trade. I have lots to trade! email me at ... :)
Hi jtwhatley and welcome!

I removed your email as its unsafe to do that. Use PM instead. Also, you can trade LEGO Series 4 Minifigures in this thread. ;)

slimninj4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by slimninj4 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:47 pm

Voted. I am very happy today. Went to TRU and found a picked through box at the check out counter. They did not bother me as I checked each one ( only about 15 left). I got 1 geisha, 2 bio, viking, and soccer guy.

Still want frankenstien, scientist, and hockey guy.

Talked to the employee at the cash register and she said she picked off all hockey guys when she opened the box. As did the other employees for their faves.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:22 am

Found a new lightly picked through box today. Found the 3 Vikings and 3 musketeers I was looking for. Also picked up 2 fishermen from the series 3 sale.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:12 pm

Randomly felt around and thought I had a hazmat / hockey guy and a painter.

Turns out to be a hazmat and a skater. These really should be priced at $2 still. Way overpriced and cheap plastic.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:23 am

i saw about 20 left in a tru store but it had 13 unique figures left. oddly enough there were 3 musketeers so i took them all and 2 hazmats which i also took. took all the 13 figures so i only have hockey player, artist and soccer player left to collect.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:32 am

Brick & Blue wrote:Randomly felt around and thought I had a hazmat / hockey guy and a painter.

Turns out to be a hazmat and a skater. These really should be priced at $2 still. Way overpriced and cheap plastic.
Kimono and hazmat seem the easiest to find visually and by feeling it. I got what I wanted but haven't finished a set yet. I'm thinking to wait for bogo50 to get the rest.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:00 am

slacker wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:Randomly felt around and thought I had a hazmat / hockey guy and a painter.

Kimono and hazmat seem the easiest to find visually and by feeling it. I got what I wanted but haven't finished a set yet. I'm thinking to wait for bogo50 to get the rest.

Yeah me too. I just wanted a to grab a few. Feeling is still hard because of the paper "directions" in the bag. I felt about 10 bags total and I didn't feel any slopes (for the Kimono legs). I'm glad I got the hazmat, he's really cool, and a weird color.

Selby-Tiger
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Selby-Tiger » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:59 am

I found some at my local TRU yesterday in a box that had clearly been picked through. It was sort of behind the counter, not many left. I stepped around the line and grabbed 4 packs, then stepped to the end of the line. I only had time for a quick dot check, no chance to feel them. I picked 3 that had different dots and ended up with Sailor, Soccer player and Werewolf. I would trade any for Surfer BTW. Given where this box was, it seems the employees must've been the ones who picked it clean. I can't be sure, but I get the feeling that box was full of Sailors and Soccer players!

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:03 pm

I did an online order of 12 from Chapters.ca. I received 4 sailors, 2 werewolves, 2 hockey players, 2 surfers, 1 artist, 1 skater. I guess I'll stick the sailors on my ferry boat.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Selby-Tiger wrote:I found some at my local TRU yesterday in a box that had clearly been picked through. It was sort of behind the counter, not many left. I stepped around the line and grabbed 4 packs, then stepped to the end of the line. I only had time for a quick dot check, no chance to feel them. I picked 3 that had different dots and ended up with Sailor, Soccer player and Werewolf. I would trade any for Surfer BTW. Given where this box was, it seems the employees must've been the ones who picked it clean. I can't be sure, but I get the feeling that box was full of Sailors and Soccer players!
I can't really blame the employees for picking it clean through, but its really annoying when you find some boxes and everything you wanted is shoved behind a counter somewhere for the employees.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Ya, I know at my TRU, Employees aren't allowed to make any purchases until after their shifts, so this cuts back on the Employees sifting through the good stuff before anyone else. Fortunately none of them are big AFOL's like mean...

Just found out I work with the husband of one of the employee's.... within a month I will have 'the inside connection' ;)

Personally I got tired of getting the Evil eye from random people while molesting packages, so I just buy a lot of them, where I can caress... err.. molest them in the privacy of my home and take my time to make sure I know exactly what is in each package. I then just return them and get mah money back or store credit.

It also works well because I've opened 16 for my set. The remaining are unopened that I plan on keeping for my own sick and twisted purposes or for trade. Now I will wait for TRU to have some 20% or BOGO sale and bring them back to return them and repurchase them at the discounted price... (I keep a few 'extra' that I don't plan to keep to get the discount on the ones I've already opened). Then I will return 16 (or however many 'extra' not for keep or trade) at Full price (normally I have so many different reciepts I can find one they didnt mark on... not my fault if they didn't).

You do what ya gotta do for cheap Lego :P
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

foobeka
I'm New !

Post by foobeka » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:37 pm

Hello Everybody! I work at Target and I just thought you would like to know that we will carry series 4. I just put up a sidecap yesterday that is a cardboard shipper that hangs with slots for 120 bags per shipper. The set date on this is 4/24 so most stores should be putting it up the following week or so, (We are closed on Easter) I bought a ton at my store, looking for gnome, ice skater, kimono, and the viking. I have a couple to trade just send me a message.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:26 pm

foobeka wrote:Hello Everybody! I work at Target and I just thought you would like to know that we will carry series 4. I just put up a sidecap yesterday that is a cardboard shipper that hangs with slots for 120 bags per shipper. The set date on this is 4/24 so most stores should be putting it up the following week or so, (We are closed on Easter) I bought a ton at my store, looking for gnome, ice skater, kimono, and the viking. I have a couple to trade just send me a message.
What general area of the store is this sidecap in?

foobeka
I'm New !

Post by foobeka » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:57 am

We put it up in toy. Not sure if every store will be the same we just pulled it out of the backroom and put it up so I could buy some

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:03 pm

I hope Target gets them near me (but I doubt it) because TRU was sold out last week and I bought series 3 for BOGO50% off instead.

zmom
Peasant
Peasant

Post by zmom » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:28 am

Thanks for the infor on Target as I have not found them anywhere locally yet.

Selby-Tiger
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Selby-Tiger » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:07 pm

foobeka wrote:Hello Everybody! I work at Target and I just thought you would like to know that we will carry series 4. I just put up a sidecap yesterday that is a cardboard shipper that hangs with slots for 120 bags per shipper. The set date on this is 4/24 so most stores should be putting it up the following week or so, (We are closed on Easter) I bought a ton at my store, looking for gnome, ice skater, kimono, and the viking. I have a couple to trade just send me a message.
I saw these at the nearby SuperTarget on Saturday for the first time. It was in the toy section but not the Lego aisle. Near a Lego sidecap. I finally had a chance to feel through some packs and got all I wanted except the Viking. Yea Target!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:36 am

I finally found the last one I needed, the crazy scientist at Target.

No one told me he had rubber hair, it looks like plastic on lego site.

Would have been easier to find if I knew that. :lol:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:36 am

Borders hit me with an email saying they have now have these in stock for $3.99 each, but since all of them in my state are closing down, doubt they are there.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Is it just me, or were series 4 quite a bit harder to find than 3?