2011 LEGO Kingdoms

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: 2011 LEGO Kingdoms

Post by BobaFett2 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:59 pm

oocaleb101oo wrote:
mah4546 wrote:
oocaleb101oo wrote:. It would be nice if lego stores could ship if you called them, but I don't think they really do.
All LEGO Stores ship except for Cincinnati and Honolulu.
Is this something they've always done? You can just call up the store and they can pull something off the shelf and ship it?
Yep.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:13 pm

oocaleb101oo wrote:
mah4546 wrote:
oocaleb101oo wrote:. It would be nice if lego stores could ship if you called them, but I don't think they really do.
All LEGO Stores ship except for Cincinnati and Honolulu.
Is this something they've always done? You can just call up the store and they can pull something off the shelf and ship it?

No it's not something they have always done.

It seems so, I have never tried it, but most stores now do. Some, rightfully, say no because I think it's quite insane.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:29 am

These sets are exactly what I was hoping for. They are absolutely brilliant and detailed. This is such a right step in the direction I would like to see this line of Castle go.

Also I have never heard of the LEGO stores actually shipping from the store. That does sound insane.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:36 am

legitimatealex wrote:These sets are exactly what I was hoping for. They are absolutely brilliant and detailed. This is such a right step in the direction I would like to see this line of Castle go.

Also I have never heard of the LEGO stores actually shipping from the store. That does sound insane.
I thought we were talking about shipping sets to the store (ones that are online but not at the store).
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

fangbone
I'm New !

Post by fangbone » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:24 am

These look really great. I would collect this line, however, I don't like the main castle. It just seems a little bland.

But I really like these little sets. Great work.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:29 am

The price (which may be wrong / changed) for Kingdoms is $10 for the smallest set (I think that's wrong) and $70 for the farm, which is awesome. The City Farm (which wasn't awesome) was $20 more years ago, so I think that's a great middle ground price.

Prices...
http://amodularlife.wordpress.com/2011/ ... -toy-fair/

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:37 pm

BobaFett2 wrote:
legitimatealex wrote:These sets are exactly what I was hoping for. They are absolutely brilliant and detailed. This is such a right step in the direction I would like to see this line of Castle go.

I thought we were talking about shipping sets to the store (ones that are online but not at the store).
Aah, thanks, I totally misread that. That's sounds a bit more sane :)

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:09 am

new photos:
http://ca.gizmodo.com/5764369/lego-king ... /gallery/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://ca.gizmodo.com/5764369/lego-king ... /gallery/2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://ca.gizmodo.com/5764369/lego-king ... /gallery/3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://ca.gizmodo.com/5764369/lego-king ... /gallery/4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:36 pm

Toys N Bricks wrote: LEGO 6918 Blacksmith Attack

LEGO 7187 Escape from Dragon's Prison

LEGO 7188 King's Carriage Ambush

LEGO 7189 Mill Village Raid
First post updated.

tired
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tired » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:37 pm

i find it slightly strange that there is a lack of royal knights in the sets...but I welcome the peasants.
hopefully there will be a strong enough sales to generate a third wave

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:18 am

7189 Mill Village Raid looks great, and will probably be the only set of this wave I'll be getting.
Although am contemplating the King's Carriage Ambush, will have to wait and see it in person to decide.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 am

The only thing that could make this series better is if they added a large $100+ Dragon Knight Fortress (with new raised baseplates). However, I feel that the peasants are the most important part of the Kingdom line. So I would not give up any peasants for something else unless they are Elves!

Hopefully LEGO does a beautiful Elf subtheme in 2012 or 2013. We need a grand white palace, a tree hide out, council circle, and ceremonial temple. They can be pitted against goblins.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:10 am

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:The only thing that could make this series better is if they added a large $100+ Dragon Knight Fortress (with new raised baseplates). However, I feel that the peasants are the most important part of the Kingdom line. So I would not give up any peasants for something else unless they are Elves!

Hopefully LEGO does a beautiful Elf subtheme in 2012 or 2013. We need a grand white palace, a tree hide out, council circle, and ceremonial temple. They can be pitted against goblins.
WIth the elf CMF would not be surprised for Elves in next year or so.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:18 am

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:The only thing that could make this series better is if they added a large $100+ Dragon Knight Fortress (with new raised baseplates). However, I feel that the peasants are the most important part of the Kingdom line. So I would not give up any peasants for something else unless they are Elves!

I would love an Elf subtheme. But a large fortress over 100 dollars? We're getting one from Ninjago already, and while raised baseplates would be nice, they just make it a lot more expensive.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:35 am

tired wrote:i find it slightly strange that there is a lack of royal knights in the sets...but I welcome the peasants.

I think LEGO was planning ahead. The first year the royal knights outside the dragon minifigures, so this year they added more dragons to even it out.

tired
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tired » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:38 am

been a while seen i have seen raised baseplates. but the dragons do deserve something better than the tower. if they re-made the 1996 original dragon knight fortress with the current dragon troops. that would be worth buying.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:01 pm

there's a ucs imperial flagship. most likely there will be a ucs kingdoms set soon. fingers crossed.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:14 pm

natelite wrote:there's a ucs imperial flagship. most likely there will be a ucs kingdoms set soon. fingers crossed.
I can only imagine how awesome a $200 castle would be!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:28 pm

ncbarrett wrote:
natelite wrote:there's a ucs imperial flagship. most likely there will be a ucs kingdoms set soon. fingers crossed.
If they did a $200 castle then I would want a complete castle, not just a bigger one. I'm talking dining hall, armory, stable, etc. Even if they were just small additions, the 'castles' they put out are entirely lacking in realistic castle accompaniments. Any castle without 1. a stable 2. armory 3. keep 4. storeroom 5. gatehouse 6. chapel and 7 a lot more, is just lacking entirely.

inkog
I'm New !

Post by inkog » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:14 pm

legitimatealex wrote:
ncbarrett wrote:
If they did a $200 castle then I would want a complete castle, not just a bigger one. I'm talking dining hall, armory, stable, etc. Even if they were just small additions, the 'castles' they put out are entirely lacking in realistic castle accompaniments. Any castle without 1. a stable 2. armory 3. keep 4. storeroom 5. gatehouse 6. chapel and 7 a lot more, is just lacking entirely.
Agreed, so I just made my own... albeit, it was a little more than $200 :twisted:

I really like all of the new sets, particularly all the new pieces. I hope to see more of the same.