2011 LEGO Kingdoms

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
legohunter
Count
Count

Re: 2011 LEGO Kingdoms

Post by legohunter » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:04 pm

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:The only thing that could make this series better is if they added a large $100+ Dragon Knight Fortress (with new raised baseplates).
Actually, this is exactly what I was thinking about. If they could launch the third wave of this series with dragon knight castle, it will save me time and money in putting two 2010 "Prison Tower Rescue" sets together with multiple 2011 "Escape from Dragon's Prison" sets, plus additonal bricklink orders.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:10 pm

inkog wrote:
Agreed, so I just made my own... albeit, it was a little more than $200 :twisted:

I really like all of the new sets, particularly all the new pieces. I hope to see more of the same.
Do you have more photos of your castle? It is cool MOC.

So....only a little more than $200 for this MOC castle?? :o

inkog
I'm New !

Post by inkog » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:36 pm

legohunter wrote:

I still haven't nailed the photos, but there are a few more decent shots on my flicker page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/inkog/sets ... 989946599/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:45 pm

inkog wrote:
Agreed, so I just made my own... albeit, it was a little more than $200 :twisted:

I really like all of the new sets, particularly all the new pieces. I hope to see more of the same.
Great MOC! Please share it in our Cool Creations Forum. :)

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:28 am

I have a nagging suspicion we'll be seeing instructions to a kingdom dragon castle/fortress in the new brickmaster magazine. Either that or via a legoclub code. Don't expect a set though. If there's a ucs castle, it'll be a lions castle. Fo' shizzle yo.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:21 am

inkog wrote:
legohunter wrote:

I still haven't nailed the photos, but there are a few more decent shots on my flicker page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/inkog/sets ... 989946599/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thx. This is the best dragon knight castle I have ever seen. Tons of details with great color. Excellent in blending Medieval Market Village with the castle.

So...first lego MOC in 15 years.....what have you done before your dark age? I wonder if anyone could build something like this in his/her MOC?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:07 pm

legohunter wrote:If they could launch the third wave of this series with dragon knight castle, it will save me time and money in putting two 2010 "Prison Tower Rescue" sets together with multiple 2011 "Escape from Dragon's Prison" sets, plus additonal bricklink orders.
I think it's likely we will get a Dragon castle next year. The first year is Kingdoms, the second year is civilians and dragons and the third be a Dragon castle. LEGO rarely releases two big castles in simultaneous years.

However I found the big Atlantis set for $50 and will buy the $20 mini castle set from Kingdoms this year and make an MOC.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:21 pm

Skip the second castle, I want more village scenes. The castles LEGO puts out are rather unoriginal.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

Bricksnapper52
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bricksnapper52 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:24 pm

inkog wrote:Agreed, so I just made my own... albeit, it was a little more than $200 :twisted:

WOW, nice work! I am totally amazed.

Did you get most of the pieces off of bricklink or out of sets?

Can you recommend any good sets to buy to start accumlating the pieces you need to do something like that?
Last edited by Bricksnapper52 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bricksnapper52
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bricksnapper52 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:33 pm

legitimatealex wrote:Skip the second castle, I want more village scenes. The castles LEGO puts out are rather unoriginal.
I agree and along those lines I need some advice.

I am thinking about skipping the Mill Village Raid in favor of the Medieval Village. The Medieval Village is $99. Only $20 more than the Village Raid (Guessing $79 range based on rumors right?)

If you guys had to choose between the two, which one would you pick? I'm leaning toward the Medieval Village.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Bricksnapper52 wrote:
legitimatealex wrote:Skip the second castle, I want more village scenes. The castles LEGO puts out are rather unoriginal.
I agree and along those lines I need some advice.

I am thinking about skipping the Mill Village Raid in favor of the Medieval Village. The Medieval Village is $99. Only $20 more than the Village Raid (Guessing $79 range based on rumors right?)

If you guys had to choose between the two, which one would you pick? I'm leaning toward the Medieval Village.
Village for sure. It's a great set.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:51 am

the mill of course. chickens, pitchforks, new dutch barns. if you like tudor architecture, maybe the village, but for the unique pieces i think the mill is better.

Bricksnapper52
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bricksnapper52 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:36 pm

natelite wrote:the mill of course. chickens, pitchforks, new dutch barns. if you like tudor architecture, maybe the village, but for the unique pieces i think the mill is better.
The buildings in the Medieval Village just catch my eye. I dig them.

On a side note, When Lego actually does make the Dragon castle, I am really hoping they don't use the black and brown color scheme. I am hoping for something more like the MOC above! Still amazed by those pics.

Any bets on how it will come out?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:51 am

Bricksnapper52 wrote:
On a side note, When Lego actually does make the Dragon castle, I am really hoping they don't use the black and brown color scheme.
I doubt they will change the colors after having two years of Dragon sets being black, brown and dark green.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
Bricksnapper52 wrote:
On a side note, When Lego actually does make the Dragon castle, I am really hoping they don't use the black and brown color scheme.
I doubt they will change the colors after having two years of Dragon sets being black, brown and dark green.
They wont. Once they have a color scheme they never deviate.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:20 am

legitimatealex wrote:
They being LEGO?

How about Atlantis being trans yellow this year or Power Miners being light blue the second? ;)

LEGO could decide a big black castle looks bad on a box so they add more shades of brown to clean it up. I'm actually hoping for that.

stoneboys
I'm New !

Post by stoneboys » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:23 am

the only kingdoms set that appeals to me is the blacksmith attack one.

Bricksnapper52
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bricksnapper52 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
legitimatealex wrote:
They being LEGO?

How about Atlantis being trans yellow this year or Power Miners being light blue the second? ;)

LEGO could decide a big black castle looks bad on a box so they add more shades of brown to clean it up. I'm actually hoping for that.
+1 My thoughts exactly. Not really a fan of black castles.

tired
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tired » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:40 pm

i hope that their roofs are that deep green. If the lions castles are red, then they should be deep green. What would be really neat is for the dragon knights to have a fort in the forest sort of thing like the Viking fort supplemented with a few stone towers incorporated. It would be a better contrast to the lion castle.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
legitimatealex wrote:
They being LEGO?

Castle is not a t heme they deviate on color. Atlantis and Power Miners were action themes that always get updated or changed somehow. The scheme didn't really change that much for them either. Atlantis went from dark gray and trans green to light gray and trans yellow. Not that big of a difference. Same with Power Miners. Orange and Lime to Blue and Lime.

All the minifigures for castle are built around the color schemes. They wont change them.