2017 January LEGO Star Wars Rebels, Ultrabuilds, DC Comics Batman, Disney Princess and Architecture Sets

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2017 January LEGO Star Wars Rebels, Ultrabuilds, DC Comics Batman, Disney Princess and Architecture Sets

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:31 pm

New LEGO 2017 January set images have recently surfaced online from retailer kockashop. There's a lot of new Batman and Star Wars sets! We can most likely expect to see some of these sets being available at brick & mortar retailer stores in late December 2016 even official release date would probably be in January 2017.  (via Brothers Brick and Brickset)

LEGO Star Wars Rebels

-LEGO Star Wars 75170 The Phantom
-LEGO Star Wars  75169 Duel on Naboo
-LEGO Star Wars 75168 Yoda’s Jedi Starfighter

LEGO Star Wars Ultrabuilds

-LEGO 75523 Scarif Shoretrooper
-LEGO 75524 Chirrut Îmwe
-LEGO 75525 Baze Malbus

LEGO Disney Princess

-LEGO Disney Princess 2017 41148 Elsa’s Magical Ice Palace
-LEGO Disney Princess 41147 Anna’s Snow Adventure
-LEGO Disney Princess 41143 Berry’s Kitchen
-LEGO Disney Princess 41144 Petite’s Royal Stable

LEGO Architecture
-LEGO 21032 Sydney
-LEGO 21033 Chicago
-LEGO 21034 London

LEGO Batman
-LEGO 70909 Batcave Break-In
-LEGO 70908 The Scuttler
-LEGO 70907 Killer Croc Tail-Gator
-LEGO 70906 The Joker Notorious Lowrider
-LEGO 70905 The Batmobile
-LEGO 70904 Clayface Splat Attack
-LEGO 70903 The Riddler Riddle Racer
-LEGO 70902 Catwoman Catcycle Chase
-LEGO 70901 Mr. Freeze Ice Attack
-LEGO 70900 The Joker Balloon Escape

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/2017-january-leg ... ture-sets/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: 2017 January LEGO Star Wars Rebels, Ultrabuilds, DC Comi

Post by unduli » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:19 am

I guess after he was announced for SW: Rebels I should have expected a Thrawn Lego, but seeing that made me giddy! It's kind of cool to get another Phantom Menace set as well, looks like that has some fun features and I'm not upset by an updated Darth Maul.

The Batman sets look pretty cool, purple Batgirl has always been my favorite. I just like a lot of the colors they've done there. Clayface is great, and I like the look of the Killer Croc big fig.

I love the new Architecture series. I have Berlin and really enjoy it, but Chicago is MINE. I love that city and its architecture is amazing, so that's one I will snatch up. London looks really good too, though, I'm impressed by what they did with that one.

crazybirdman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by crazybirdman » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:36 am

Dude, kite man and calendar man. That is spectacular. I was suprised we got a Deadpool minifigure, but this is great.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:04 pm

unduli wrote:I guess after he was announced for SW: Rebels I should have expected a Thrawn Lego, but seeing that made me giddy! It's kind of cool to get another Phantom Menace set as well, looks like that has some fun features and I'm not upset by an updated Darth Maul.

The Batman sets look pretty cool, purple Batgirl has always been my favorite. I just like a lot of the colors they've done there. Clayface is great, and I like the look of the Killer Croc big fig.

I love the new Architecture series. I have Berlin and really enjoy it, but Chicago is MINE. I love that city and its architecture is amazing, so that's one I will snatch up. London looks really good too, though, I'm impressed by what they did with that one.
I agree! I like getting an Admiral Thrawn (and in a small set). I didn't pick up a Darth Maul in the past. The parts could easily be used to expand the Death Star Final Duel set (now available at Target for $56.99 http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars- ... lsrc=aw.ds).

I'm very excited about the new Batman Movie sets. So many fun characters and the builds look cool too. Even though there are lots of vehicles at least some of them look fun to build (like the Joker Car). I can't wait wait to pick up the updated Poison Ivy, Penguin and Riddler. They look great.

Anyone have updates on the CMF batman line? I'm very curious to see if it will be many of the same minifigs being released in these sets or different ones. I would love to get a Mad Hatter and other minifigs that haven't been made before by LEGO.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:26 pm

Did the name of the Constraction figures get changed? Are they being called ultra builds now?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:53 pm

lego the hutt wrote:Did the name of the Constraction figures get changed? Are they being called ultra builds now?
The theme really doesn't have a name, but I think more people call them Ultrabuild, but both work.

However 'Disney Princess' and "Disney Pet" is now just simply "Disney'.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:18 pm

Another Elsa ice castle already? I feel like that's a bit of a money grab. Is it just me or does this seem to be more of the new trend for Lego?
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:30 pm

captainrex803 wrote:Another Elsa ice castle already? I feel like that's a bit of a money grab. Is it just me or does this seem to be more of the new trend for Lego?
Does the company that wants to make money make sets that make money? Yes.

That's like saying police stations are money grabs.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
captainrex803 wrote:Another Elsa ice castle already? I feel like that's a bit of a money grab. Is it just me or does this seem to be more of the new trend for Lego?
Does the company that wants to make money make sets that make money? Yes.

That's like saying police stations are money grabs.
Well I'm just saying, to the consumer it sucks to see almost the same set as the set that came out a year or two ago. Lego could've used that energy to make some other kind of set rather than a re-release of a set that just got phased out. This happened with the new Death Star as well. Also, maybe police stations are money grabs, they just haven't been exposed yet.
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:59 pm

It's not like LEGO isn't making other sets, they make like 800 sets a year now when 20 years ago they made 120 sets a year. They waste their time on Disney castles and police stations, fine, I'll be buying the other things that are unique. Why would LEGO make some other kind of set when Frozen Castle sells so much? Plus now it's different, a little bigger and will cost twice as much. LEGO's job isn't to be unique, it's to make money. LEGO wants more money so making a more expensive castle will make more money.

And the Death Star thing was just a mess, but not very common, that was only the section time that ever really happened. (Toy Shop was the other.) I feel LEGO needed to increase the price to keep the set on the market and Disney wanted to update the box with their brand. If LEGO didn't think the set would sell they would have never had redone it.