2011 LEGO Harry Potter

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2011 LEGO Harry Potter

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:01 am

2011 LEGO Harry Potter Rumor Thread
Keep checking this topic for news with upcoming LEGO Harry Potter 2011 sets. If you have news on these LEGO sets, post it here! Please note that prices are estimates only.

March 15 Update: Added 2011 summer pictures

New LEGO Harry Potter Sets

LEGO 4867 Battle for Hogwarts

LEGO 4866 The Knight Bus

LEGO 4865 The Forbidden Forest

LEGO 10217 Diagon Alley ($149.99 USD / $199.99 CAD / £132.75 GBP)

Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

grogall
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

2011 LEGO Harry Potter 10217 Diagon Alley

Post by grogall » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:31 pm

New Harry Potter exclusive for January 10217 Diagon Alley

I will have better HR pictures in my BS gallery come saturday

10217 – Diagon Alley™

Ages 14+. 2,025 pieces.

US $ 149.99 CA $ 199.99 UK £ 132.75 DE 149.99 €

· Includes 11 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, each with magic wand; Rubeus Hagrid, equipped with his pink umbrella; Fred and George Weasley; 2 Gringotts goblins; Mr. Ollivander; Lucius Malfoy (with Death Eater disguise); Fenrir Greyback; and 4 new, decorated owls!
· Diagon Alley is made up of 3 extensively detailed buildings: Ollivanders, Borgin and Burkes and Gringotts Bank!
· Ollivanders features lots of wands, storage shelves and a step ladder that leads to the top floor!
· Front desk at Ollivanders has an “exploding” function!
· Borgin and Burkes includes a skeleton, “glow-in-the-dark” elements, fireplace attached to the Floo Network and even a Vanishing Cabinet!
· Gringotts Bank is a two-story building featuring large double doors!
· Open Gringotts Bank completely into one large building and explore inside or close it to create a smaller building!
· Gringotts Bank features a detailed interior with a removable vault, the Philosopher’s Stone, clerk’s desk, chandelier and ‘wonky’ support pillars!
· Includes 11 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, each with magic wand; Rubeus Hagrid, equipped with his pink umbrella; Fred and George Weasley; 2 Gringotts goblins; Mr. Ollivander; Lucius Malfoy (with Death Eater disguise); Fenrir Greyback; and 4 new, decorated owls!
· Ollivanders measures 8" (20 cm) high and 5" (13 cm) wide!
· Borgin and Burkes measures 8" (20 cm) high and 7" (18 cm) wide!
· Gringotts Bank measures 8" (21 cm) high and 4" (10 cm) wide when closed, 8" high and 9" (23 cm) wide when opened wide!
· Completed model (depending on how much space is allocated between individual parts) measures 24" (60 cm) long and 12" (30 cm) deep and 8" (21 cm) high!

Last edited by grogall on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: 2011 LEGO Harry Potter 10217 Diagon Alley

Post by vynsane » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:19 pm

Hrm... my first thought was "OH, WOW, those look cool!" but upon further inspection and reflection, the buildings aren't all that large. I would have rather they released individual buildings in the "modular buildings" style than all together, in a kind of half-hearted way.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:19 pm

Hrm... my first thought was "OH, WOW, those look cool!" but upon further inspection and reflection, the buildings aren't all that large. I would have rather they released individual buildings in the "modular buildings" style than all together, in a kind of half-hearted way.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:32 pm

Wow!!! That is Amazing!!!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:33 am

vynsane wrote:Hrm... my first thought was "OH, WOW, those look cool!" but upon further inspection and reflection, the buildings aren't all that large. I would have rather they released individual buildings in the "modular buildings" style than all together, in a kind of half-hearted way.
It is fine as it is. Instead of the diagon alley, it should have been hogwart's. Imagine the demand or resale value had it been a flagship building from the hp theme. Much like how the millennium falcon was to sw!

Now, if tlc has made the bldgs individually modular, each with a $150 price tag, then how much bigger will you need to moc your hogwarts? Massive! I doubt anyone has that kind of space.

I wonder how well will the bldgs integrate with the creator series?

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:25 am

I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:59 am

The diagon alley set is cool but the interior is too small. Tlc always makes the interior so packed, which I could not put an extra furniture or minifigures inside.

wkunert
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wkunert » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:22 am

I'm not a Harry Potter fan, but I could see buying this. I commend Lego for being 100% on the right track with this set. It's awesome for figure count, unusual build, compatibility with the Holiday set sizing. I like small with a lot of brick-built detail.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:38 am

wkunert wrote:I'm not a Harry Potter fan, but I could see buying this. I commend Lego for being 100% on the right track with this set. It's awesome for figure count, unusual build, compatibility with the Holiday set sizing. I like small with a lot of brick-built detail.
I have to agree. It has great colors and great parts, it just looks like a really fun build.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:11 am

legohunter wrote:The diagon alley set is cool but the interior is too small. Tlc always makes the interior so packed, which I could not put an extra furniture or minifigures inside.
This is my main complaint about this set. They go through the trouble to make all of the buildings super detailed and nice but then they ruin any sort of playability factor by making everything so darn small! They make minifigures and then they don't build the sets to accommodate them.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin93 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Come to think about it, this set price is not that bad compared to Hogwart's castle. 2025 pieces compared to 1290 pieces and only $20 more. The buildings are stunning and so are the minifigures!

Everybody
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Everybody » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:24 pm

This is awesome though I agree its to small.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:31 am

natelite wrote:
vynsane wrote:Hrm... my first thought was "OH, WOW, those look cool!" but upon further inspection and reflection, the buildings aren't all that large. I would have rather they released individual buildings in the "modular buildings" style than all together, in a kind of half-hearted way.
It is fine as it is. Instead of the diagon alley, it should have been hogwart's. Imagine the demand or resale value had it been a flagship building from the hp theme. Much like how the millennium falcon was to sw!

Now, if tlc has made the bldgs individually modular, each with a $150 price tag, then how much bigger will you need to moc your hogwarts? Massive! I doubt anyone has that kind of space.

I wonder how well will the bldgs integrate with the creator series?
I think that choosing something that only "true blue" fans would want as the big-big set is good marketing. However, a $500.00 UCS Hogwarts would probably be a good idea.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:10 pm

It is great to see that a bank finally available. However, this bank is netiher in the theme of CITY nor MODULAR. :(

I think it is not a bad idea to put each individual builidngs into "modular building". This will make them more popular.

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:14 am

legohunter wrote:It is great to see that a bank finally available. However, this bank is netiher in the theme of CITY nor MODULAR. :(

I think it is not a bad idea to put each individual builidngs into "modular building". This will make them more popular.
Theres pros and cons. You get buildings that are not as detailed as one big building. But it looks more like a "town" square feeling. If its those modular sets, you will need quite a few of them to make it like that.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:14 am

brickz wrote:
legohunter wrote:It is great to see that a bank finally available. However, this bank is netiher in the theme of CITY nor MODULAR. :(

Theres pros and cons. You get buildings that are not as detailed as one big building. But it looks more like a "town" square feeling. If its those modular sets, you will need quite a few of them to make it like that.
It's nice to have the town square feeling but Diagon Alley was definitely never supposed to have a town square sort of feeling, rather it was supposed to be a sort of European city with smaller buildings all cramped together ala 1850.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: 2011 LEGO Harry Potter

Post by BobaFett2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:10 pm

I"m a large LEGO fan. I have some of the older Harry Potter sets. I like the new ones, but I don't have much money to spend. Or a large budget for it. Things can be tough, and it can really get on my nerves. Anyways, sets like these really * me off-I can't buy them while they're out unless I wait for a very long time to allot the budgeted amount. They look great, with tons of parts-but I don't have any access to them most of the time. Lastly, their prices inflate after they are gone, and I'm sad that I didn't get any...
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:27 pm

yoda99 wrote:Some more new sets that will be out august.

4865 The Forbidden Forest
4866 The Night Bus
4867 Battle For Hogwarts
Thanks. First post updated.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:02 pm

yoda99 wrote:Some more new sets that will be out august.

4865 The Forbidden Forest
4866 The Night Bus
4867 Battle For Hogwarts
Can't wait. Maybe we'll get Centaurs :)