LEGO Disney Collectable Minifigures 71012 Revealed

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Disney Collectable Minifigures 71012 Revealed

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:34 pm

The next LEGO Series Minifigures, Disney Collectable minifigures will be available in May 2016. Official pictures for these Disney LEGO minifigures have now surfaced online at Disney Parks Blog and LEGO Facebook. These minifigures will be priced at $3.99 each. Available at LEGO Brand Retail stores, Disney stores and various other retailers.

71012 Disney Collectable LEGO Minifigures

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-disney-coll ... -revealed/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: LEGO Disney Collectable Minifigures 71012 Revealed

Post by Richard J. » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:05 pm

They look better in these pictures that the shots we had from before. Some of the oddness about a few of them was apparently just poor photography. Not sure I'm going for a full set but there are some good ones here.

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO 71012 Disney Collectable Minifigures Box Distribution

Post by Toys N Bricks » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:23 pm

It appears that the new LEGO 71012 Disney Collectable LEGO Series Minifigures are now popping up at various locations throughout Asia. Karleo from LegendBricks LEGO managed to get a box and has posted images of this new series. Each box of 60 contains three full sets.The minifigures will be officially released beginning May 2016.

Below, you can see which minifigures will be more common compared to other ones. This wave, it looks like they will only be either in fours or threes. No fives! Thanks to Nick for writing in with the news.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-71012-disne ... tribution/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:44 pm

It's too bad so many of these figures have so few accessories. I guess the heads and licensing costs were a bit much for extra pieces.

Legotrain1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Legotrain1 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:30 am

I am a bit surprised. I mean I know that LEGO loves to make all female figures 'rare' (i.e. only 3 per box), but a bit surprising to see this in a Disney CMF set.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:31 am

Richard J. wrote:It's too bad so many of these figures have so few accessories. I guess the heads and licensing costs were a bit much for extra pieces.
I hadn't noticed a lack of accessories. After reading your comment though I did notice that many have no accessories. I think that each has appropriate accessories. Ursula has her tridient. Aladdin his lamp, Pan his knife, Hook his sword and so on. I really can't think of accessories that are needed that weren't included. As you pointed out some have no accessories at all (quite a few) but I can't think of anything that they should have.

I am surprised that the price didn't rise with them being Disney characters. I sort of expected them to be more expensive and the justification being they are Disney characters and the expensive of making new molds. Also notice that both Alice and Minnie have a new molded dress piece! I really like it and hope to see it being used more.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:32 am

Legotrain1 wrote:I am a bit surprised. I mean I know that LEGO loves to make all female figures 'rare' (i.e. only 3 per box), but a bit surprising to see this in a Disney CMF set.
Yes! I'm very surprised by the distribution (and very happy!)

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:48 pm

StClair wrote:I really can't think of accessories that are needed that weren't included. As you pointed out some have no accessories at all (quite a few) but I can't think of anything that they should have.
I'm not sure what would have worked either off hand but it still disappoints me a little. I often try to get multiples of some minis just for their accessories so the lack of accessories is generally a turn off to me.

I think Alice may have the best accessories of the bunch. Iconic and unusual.

I'm hoping this line is successful as I'd really like to see minifig versions of Frozen characters or at least more characters from some of the movies represented here.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:07 pm

Richard J. wrote:I often try to get multiples of some minis just for their accessories so the lack of accessories is generally a turn off to me.

I think Alice may have the best accessories of the bunch. Iconic and unusual.
I do the same thing. The saxophone and welding torch spring to mind. Alice is the one that I want most at the moment.

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:58 pm

StClair wrote:I do the same thing. The saxophone and welding torch spring to mind. Alice is the one that I want most at the moment.
I got extra welders for that reason too! And Alice is my top pick from this figures as well.

Stop copying me. ;-)

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:40 am

So what is the best place to buy a sealed box of these?

rexx
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by rexx » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:58 am

First, I'm surprised to see that they're still available on Lego's site. So much for a profit on a second set.

Second, I'm seeing rumors of Series 2 with following characters:

Lilo
Pluto and Goofy
Jasmine
Cinderella
Prince Charming
Mike Wazowski
Woody
Pinocchio
Mrs. Incredible
Merida
Sleeping Beauty
Tiana
Prince Naveen
Jessie
Belle
Beast
Winnie The Pooh
Piglet

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:50 pm

The second set will still be worth a lot. All the sets are with 3-4 times as much a few years later.

That list makes perfect sense, however the rumours I have heard are they won't be released next year. It's Batman, Series 17, NinjaGo.