Official Press Release: LEGO 76052 Batman Classic TV Series – Batcave

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Official Press Release: LEGO 76052 Batman Classic TV Series – Batcave

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:22 am

We've seen leaks of the 76052 Batman Classic TV Series Batcave earlier, and now, here's the official press release! Available for sale beginning March 2016 at LEGO Brand Stores and LEGO Shop at Home. Additional images available on Toysnbricks' Flickr Photostream.

"The set is based on the 1960’s Batman TV series and the first episode was aired on January 12, 1966. Batman is a 1960s American live action television series, based on the DC comic book character of the same name. It starred Adam West as Batman and Burt Ward as Robin — two crime-fighting heroes who defend Gotham City."

76052 Batman™ Classic TV Series – Batcave

Ages 14+. 2,526 pieces.

US $269.99 - CA $329.99 - DE 249.99€ - UK £229.99 - DK 2499.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Drive the villains out from Batman’s Batcave!

Help Batman™ and Robin™ to drive the villain intruders from the Batcave, featuring a Bat Lab with Batcomputer, plus the Batmobile with stud shooters, Batcopter with flick missiles and the Batcycle. This special model, based on the classic 1960s TV show, also has a Wayne Manor section with an exterior wall to climb on and Bruce Wayne’s study featuring the iconic Batphone and a false bookcase that slides open to reveal the secret entrance to the Batcave. Before spiraling down the Batpoles into the Batcave, change identity from Bruce Wayne™ and * Grayson™ into Batman and Robin (separate minifigures included).

Includes 9 minifigures: Batman™, Robin™, Bruce Wayne™, * Grayson™, Alfred Pennyworth™, The Joker™, Catwoman™, The Riddler™ and The Penguin™.
This LEGO® model of the Batcave as seen in the classic 1960s TV series features 2 Batpoles for Batman™ and Robin™ to slide down, a selection of Bat-gadgets, helipad, plus a Batmobile and Batcopter.
The Wayne Manor section of the model features Bruce Wayne’s study with the iconic Batphone, a hinged Shakespeare bust with secret button underneath, sliding false bookcase to access the Batpoles, and assorted elements including decorated wallpaper bricks, wall lamps, framed portraits, a framed fish and trophies. It also includes an exterior wall for climbing, with an opening roof for easy access to the Batpoles and an aerial element.
The Batcave incorporates a hi-tech, 2-floor Bat Lab with Batcomputer element and a variety of detachable accessory elements, including a lie detector machine, table, chest of drawers, Bat-gadgets and test tubes with translucent elements. Also includes the iconic Batcave entrance for the Batmobile and a helipad for the Batcopter.
The Batmobile features a dual cockpit with iconic Batphone, 2 stud shooters, an opening trunk, dual exhaust and sign stickers.
The Batcopter has an opening cockpit for a minifigure, bat-inspired wings with 2 flick missiles, spinning rotors and a spinning propeller. A villain minifigure can grab onto the back of the Batcopter for more aerial battle action.
The Batcycle features a driver’s seat for Batman™, translucent headlight element and a sidecar for Robin™.
Also includes a cat.
Weapons include The Joker’s TNT, Catwoman’s whip, The Riddler’s TNT and The Penguin’s umbrella.
Accessory elements include Batman’s 3 Batarangs, rope, grappling hook and handcuffs.
Includes separate minifigures for Batman™ and Robin’s alter-egos, so enter the secret doorway as Bruce and *, and slide down the Batpoles as LEGO® DC Super Heroes!
Batcave measures over 18” (46cm) high, 22” (56cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
Batmobile measures over 2” (6cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
Batcopter measures over 2” (7cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 7” (19cm) wide.
Batcycle measures over 1” (4cm) high, 3” (8cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/official-press-r ... s-batcave/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Gray2010
I'm New !

Re: Official Press Release: LEGO 76052 Batman Classic TV Ser

Post by Gray2010 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:51 pm

It looks nice but 329.99 CDN, come on! :down:
John

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:22 pm

I am so very underwhelmed... Fortunately I can now save $269 + tx. Besides where's cat women?

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:24 pm

This is a fantastic set I didn't see coming. I would give almost anything to get it but obviously at this time I do not have even a slight dream of ever getting this. But I can still appreciate it. :up:
Well done Lege group. Well done.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:47 pm

A very nice set with plenty of classic characters. The photos are very tempting. However, I agree that the price point has been setting too high. Did TLG think all the collectors are the winner of lottery?

Now, Ghostbusters firehouse seems a better value to go for.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Ok, where is the shark and can of shark repellent?
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

jnparyniak
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jnparyniak » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:22 pm

Should be $199

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:36 pm

I love the old series and was very excited about this and considering springing for it, but after getting a closer look at it I think I'll pass. I absolutely love the classic minifigs and the vehicles are fantastic, but as a set it just feels a bit skeletal. There's nothing to the helipad structure; the computer room is detailed but pretty much relies on small computer builds with printed bricks and again has that awkward cave frame; the mansion scene is great, I love it, but the seemingly worthless height of that entire thing just adds to the awkwardness and bumps the price up. The cave as a whole looks really odd and disjointed from afar.

I'm a little disappointed because I wanted to go for this, but I won't be able to justify it. I think I'll settle for the Bank instead.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:46 pm

anakinisvader wrote:Ok, where is the shark and can of shark repellent?
That would have been a great stand alone set. The helicopter with Batman and Robin and a large shark (especially the ultra-agent one). I like the helicopter in the Batcave set... but I would have preferred it to not have been included to reduce the price of of the set.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:14 pm

unduli wrote:I love the old series and was very excited about this and considering springing for it, but after getting a closer look at it I think I'll pass. I absolutely love the classic minifigs and the vehicles are fantastic, but as a set it just feels a bit skeletal. There's nothing to the helipad structure; the computer room is detailed but pretty much relies on small computer builds with printed bricks and again has that awkward cave frame; the mansion scene is great, I love it, but the seemingly worthless height of that entire thing just adds to the awkwardness and bumps the price up. The cave as a whole looks really odd and disjointed from afar.

I'm a little disappointed because I wanted to go for this, but I won't be able to justify it. I think I'll settle for the Bank instead.
You summed up my thoughts very well. I hate being critical because for the most part I think most of the problems that I have with the set (being skeletal and disjointed... great words to describe it btw... thanks unduli) was to keep the price down AND at the same time create play features. For instance the mansion part is so tall because of the poles going down into the cave. The helicopter pad is silly but at the same time doubles as the top of an entrance... so I understand why they did it that way. I think they did a very good job with some of the minifigures. I love the printed wallpaper parts. I hope to find more of them in future sets. Because of the price and slight let down in overall build I think I may be able to pass on this one.

Am I the only one that was amused by "Also includes a cat." in the set description?

gschubert
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by gschubert » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:47 pm

Several years ago, when the national summer reading theme was "Dig Into Reading" SteelCityLUG made a display for a children's library that included Wayne Manor and the Batcave. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:53 pm

This is a set that definitely motivates set owners to make their own modification.

AbuTaleb
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by AbuTaleb » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:13 pm

I will pass on this one. I can think of many sets to buy instead of this one.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:07 pm

There goes my $50 VIP dollars. And yes, that means I'll be getting this.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:36 pm

Brickred wrote:I am so very underwhelmed... Fortunately I can now save $269 + tx. Besides where's cat women?
She is in the set and is the second best looking mini figure there besides The Joker.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:53 am

Set looks good brings back some memories of the show - will probably get at least one on either a discount deal or double vip promo.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:30 am

Gray2010 wrote:It looks nice but 329.99 CDN, come on! :down:
John
$329.99 CAD is ~$231 USD at the current exchange rate. Seems like a deal in Canada if you have US cash.

winbrant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by winbrant » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:27 pm

dr_spock wrote: $329.99 CAD is ~$231 USD at the current exchange rate. Seems like a deal in Canada if you have US cash.
Now you've done it...Americans coming up to Canada to do a bit of shopping now :crazy:

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:51 pm

Gray2010 wrote:It looks nice but 329.99 CDN, come on! :down:
John
It could have actually been a lot worse, TLG is being pretty generous here for once!

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:55 pm

At this price they should have tossed in a 32x32 base plate to put all the extras on and help pull the set together.