Star Wars The Force Friday: September 4th, 2015 (Free LEGO Commemorative Brick & More!)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Star Wars The Force Friday: September 4th, 2015 (Free LEGO Commemorative Brick & More!)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:12 pm

The Force Friday is coming very soon! On September 4th, 2015, many of the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys, accessories and products will be released (including LEGO!). Many retailers have different offerings, but Toys R Us is the destination with LEGO promotional offerings. Select stores in America and Canada will open midnight September 4. You can be the first to get access to all of the new toys, get an exclusive free poster and a limited edition LEGO Star Wars Commemorative Brick. An Instagram user has an image for this special edition brick.

If you happen to be in New York City, Toys R Us Times Square will have events starting on Thursday, September 3rd at 9am including a LEGO Star Wars Make and Take. There are no details what the Make and Take except tat it will be "for rebels looking to build their toy empire brick by brick" from StarWars.com.

The Force Awakens Movie will be released on December 18, 2015.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/star-wars-the-fo ... -4th-2015/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Star Wars The Force Friday: September 4th, 2015 (Free LE

Post by unduli » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:31 pm

Is there an available list of the stores that will be open then? And is it a minimum purchase for the brick? Thanks for the info!!

whatthebrick
I'm New !

Post by whatthebrick » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:44 pm

Most TRU should be doing the event. I received 2 of the bricks yesterday, and I was told they were going to hand them out. Went back tonight to a couple of other TRU to confirm and they told me a purchase has to be made. So I'm not sure..

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:19 am

whatthebrick wrote:Went back tonight to a couple of other TRU to confirm and they told me a purchase has to be made. So I'm not sure..
Having worked at TRU twice their company motto really should be "I'm not sure".

Gilbort
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Gilbort » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:58 am

I just called my local Toys R Us that is on the list of stores participating, but they told me that they do not have any LEGO Star Wars Commemorative Brick to give away, just some scratch cards. Must be because I live in Canada, or should I say Cantnada since I can't get the brick in this country ;-)

Derevans
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Derevans » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:12 pm

same here @Gilbort. Only about 8 stores in the entire country. unfortunately my store opens at 10 tomorrow morning, and no promos...seems a bit weird? Biased! lol

Gilbort
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Gilbort » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:43 pm

@Derevans As long as the movie will be good, I'll be fine. I wonder what TRU will be doing for Bricktober this year. Seems like every place has been scaling back on the goodies/discounts over the past year and a half to two years.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:34 am

Ventured out to TRU and nearest store ran out of the posters with not even a 100 ppl in line go figure.
Also, no LEGO Star Wars Commemorative Brick either available - if you got one consider yourself lucky and congrats.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:37 am

Because of local laws, my local TRU was not opening at midnight. I asked if they were going to have the poster and brick when they opened on Friday morning (8AM) and they said yes, however they did not. :(

If anyone has a spare LEGO Star Wars Commemorative Brick, maybe we can work out a trade.

It's kind of surprising the LEGO Store is not doing anything for Force Friday...seems like a bust to me.

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:16 am

I went yesterday (Sept 4) around 2 pm to my local TRU expecting to find no Promo brick but they had them at the customer service desk.
I asked if it was free but they said no, needed to make a SW qualifying purchase.
I asked if there was any price limit and after waiting for almost 8 minutes for all the "managers" to find out they said no limit.

I went to the SW section and saw a kid SW water goggles on clearance for around $1.75 and that was it, promo brick is mine :-) , the water goggles will be donated for any kid in my local church charity.

No poster though.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:56 pm

Nice to see that TRU is still a mess. How are they still in business? :lol:

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:50 pm

atmail35 wrote:Because of local laws, my local TRU was not opening at midnight.
What is your local law?..and what would be the reasoning behind not allowing a special midnight event? Do you not have any midnight movies or any other 24 hour stores?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:23 pm

lego the hutt wrote:
atmail35 wrote:Because of local laws, my local TRU was not opening at midnight.
What is your local law?..and what would be the reasoning behind not allowing a special midnight event? Do you not have any midnight movies or any other 24 hour stores?
Massachusetts has these ancient "Blue Laws". Stores cannot open certain hours, Sunday hours are restricted etc. This also is an issue for black Friday. Each town can vary. I think stores can petition their town and the town this TRU was in does not allow it. :???:

Derevans
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Derevans » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:06 am

In Nanaimo , BC they just claimed they didn't have enough business to warrant opening at midnight. Apparantly when theres moonlight madness, there's no one in the store from 9:00 on!

Still a joke that not all stores received bricks and posters. Was this just a USA thing?

The poster was supposed to be episode 7, so how do we get it if we've been collecting the other 6 thru Lego Shop?

scotth510
Peasant
Peasant

Post by scotth510 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Hey Derevans, I am also in Nanaimo and was confused why they didnt even get bricks. I would have went in at a reasonable time to pick one up. Not cool. TRU.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:15 pm

According to the TRU Canada email, there were only 10 stores opening at midnight in the whole country. There was a poster. No mention of a brick for Canada.

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:21 pm

I got a tru email for San Diego and it made no mention of a brick, just a poster and activities for kids ages 6 and up so i didn't bother as i figured it was for kids older than my kids.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:47 pm

Derevans wrote: The poster was supposed to be episode 7, so how do we get it if we've been collecting the other 6 thru Lego Shop?
The poster that TRU gave away was a Kylo Ren poster. It was not part of the Lego line of posters that S@H has been giving out.