Exclusive 2015 Holiday LEGO Train Set (Free Christmas Gift)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Exclusive 2015 Holiday LEGO Train Set (Free Christmas Gift)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:43 pm

Ebjazzz sent us pictures of the upcoming LEGO Store Calendar for October 2015 a few days ago. This was obtained from the Las Vegas LEGO Store. In the calendar, there's the usual offer of the free collectible poster and also the double VIP points promotion that we mentioned earlier. But the most interesting thing on the calendar is the exclusive holiday train! It looks like this year's limited edition holiday set will not be a holiday vignette. You can get the train with purchases of $99 or more from October 13 to November 13, 2015 at LEGO Brand Stores or Shop at Home. This will be the only holiday special edition gift set (we don't get two different sets in a year like prior years)

Apologies with the delay in news coverage. Power was out due to a windstorm yesterday!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/exclusive-2015-h ... tmas-gift/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Re: Exclusive 2015 Holiday LEGO Train Set (Free Christmas Gi

Post by jmeninno » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Note that the double points only last for the first four days of the month, and DOES NOT overlap with the free train set :/

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:34 pm

The train looks like it has some nice pieces but I'm not sure about it as an actual build. I like to focus on strictly minifig scale deals but this looks good nonetheless.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:55 pm

Crazy winds in lower B.C.

The train looks good for parts.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:37 pm

They are phoning it in for Christmas this year. Re-issuing an old Winter set and doing only one exclusive holiday promo that is not even minifig scale. All previous holiday promos went well with the other Winter sets.

With previous years, when they had two separate nice sets plus overlapping double points, they got a guarantee of two orders from me.

This could be the first year that I don't make any orders from @Home. I did make some from Bricklink and Amazon and will stick with that.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:56 am

You could probably turn the train into one of those rideable miniature scale trains for use in the WV:

That's what I immediately thought of the first time I saw it, but as a stand-alone build without modification it really doesn't fit the theme.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:08 am

A Harry Potter/Hogwarts Christmas? (I'll still need one though).

gschubert
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by gschubert » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:10 am

jmeninno wrote:Note that the double points only last for the first four days of the month, and DOES NOT overlap with the free train set :/
I was able to get the double points and the train today. Should I have held out until Black Friday when something else might have been available?

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:10 am

Black Friday was underwhelming last year. If you want the holiday train, this is as good a time as any, since it's a sure thing.

vorpalblade
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by vorpalblade » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:41 pm

gschubert wrote:
jmeninno wrote:Note that the double points only last for the first four days of the month, and DOES NOT overlap with the free train set :/
I was able to get the double points and the train today. Should I have held out until Black Friday when something else might have been available?
The Assistant Manager at my local store in Arizona informed that the Double VIP points was extended to the end of the month now.