Robin problem

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
TClone
Knight
Knight

Robin problem

Post by TClone » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:32 pm

When the Jokerland set was announced, I expected the Robin in the set to be * Grayson as he is commonly believed to be the Robin on the Teen Titans TV series as in the future that character is shown to become Nightwing. The problem is that the DC par on Lego.com has a bio page that says this character is Damian Wayne.

The Batboat Harbor set has Robin in * Grayson's New 52 costume. Only problem is that this is Damian's head from his last figure.

I wish both of these figures depicted the original Robin but I guess they want to use the current Boy Wonder.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas for how to get official confirmation from Lego?

StClair
Count
Count

Re: Robin problem

Post by StClair » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:44 pm

TClone wrote:When the Jokerland set was announced, I expected the Robin in the set to be * Grayson as he is commonly believed to be the Robin on the Teen Titans TV series as in the future that character is shown to become Nightwing. The problem is that the DC par on Lego.com has a bio page that says this character is Damian Wayne.

The Batboat Harbor set has Robin in * Grayson's New 52 costume. Only problem is that this is Damian's head from his last figure.

I wish both of these figures depicted the original Robin but I guess they want to use the current Boy Wonder.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas for how to get official confirmation from Lego?
I'll admit I can't keep track of the different Robin's. I know that one was killed by the Joker (was it "the killing joke"?). One becomes Nightwing. One is a member of the Teen Titans. One is Damian (son of batman). So confusing. I was very curious when i saw the Robins in the 2x new sets that you mentioned.

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:02 am

I think Lego is more confused than we are. Either that or they want to make all the previous costumes but want to keep with the current Robin. It will be interesting which one is in the new Lego Batman movie. I wish they would make the various variants from the games like Acrobat Robin in the blue costume.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:50 am

In The Killing Joker doesn't Robin go nuts and take over after killing the real joker? I'm all confused. But I think LEGO is too.

There is a reason a lot of the sets don't have the name of the show or the comic it's from. LEGO seems to make it rather basic, but inspired from comics or cartoons.

I think the problem is LEGO wants to have have numerous different minifigures of the same characters to have exclusive ones for each set. That's fine. But I think they don't feel like making a new head for each other, so they just use the same head and just change the body.

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:21 am

I'm just going to treat any Robins as if they are * Grayson regardless of any official bios, costume issues, or appearance differences. It's easier to do that than expect anyone to work out the continuity snarl.

Plus the current Robins just look like the guy from the old Adam West series to me anyway.

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:26 pm

Richard J. wrote:I'm just going to treat any Robins as if they are * Grayson regardless of any official bios, costume issues, or appearance differences. It's easier to do that than expect anyone to work out the continuity snarl.

Plus the current Robins just look like the guy from the old Adam West series to me anyway.
It will be interesting to see who is the Robin they use in thee Lego Batman movie and whether this becomes clearer...