More LEGO Ghostbuster Products Coming Soon! (part of LEGO Dimensions)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

More LEGO Ghostbuster Products Coming Soon! (part of LEGO Dimensions)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:55 pm

GameSpot has revealed a new type of LEGO Dimensions packs! This time, it will be LEGO Ghostbusters. The line will contain a Level Pack (#71228) along with two Fun Packs (#71233 & 71241). How many more LEGO Dimension products will LEGO surprise us with? They have a lot of themes in LEGO Dimensions already!

71228 LEGO Dimensions Ghostbusters Level Pack Dimensions

71233 71241 LEGO Dimensions Ghostbusters Fun Packs

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/more-lego-ghostb ... imensions/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Jon_Solo
Peasant
Peasant

Re: More LEGO Ghostbuster Products Coming Soon! (part of LEG

Post by Jon_Solo » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:45 am

Oh man, these are really going to wreak havoc on my bank account! I wasn't originally planning on collecting them, but seeing as there are already 20+ "Fun Packs" on the way, many of them with exclusive minifigures (Portal, Dr. Who, Wizard of Oz, etc), what choice do I have?!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:37 am

Jon_Solo wrote:Oh man, these are really going to wreak havoc on my bank account! I wasn't originally planning on collecting them, but seeing as there are already 20+ "Fun Packs" on the way, many of them with exclusive minifigures (Portal, Dr. Who, Wizard of Oz, etc), what choice do I have?!
I wouldn't worry to much. I have a feeling that by completely flooding the market like they are doing it will lead to the whole line bombing, much like the board games did. I can''t see families spending $2000 a year on a video game and $13 a mini figure is insane.

mrbean
Citizen
Citizen

Post by mrbean » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:19 am

These figures looks nice, but the packs are too expensive for me. I don't have a modern console to play the games, and no desire to get one. I wish they'd release a CMF series with these figures.

larsnelson76
Peasant
Peasant

Post by larsnelson76 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:59 am

Stay Puff Marshmallow Man is epic! But I agree with you guys about the price and I do not have the console for this. I like a lot of these, but I hope most of these can be picked up on Bricklink for cheap, but that would take two years from now.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Some of these look pretty great but the price point is tied into the game so I am all out on these.

I do enjoy some video games but I'm looking for a higher level of difficulty and game play than your standard Lego game that is targeted at young kids. There is nothing that I have seen at this point that makes me think dimensions will be any more challenging than any of the other Lego games. (even if it was slightly more challenging it likely wouldn't be enough to make me want to play...wow ruined that possibility...but that is a whole other discussion).

If they were polybag priced, which is what they would be if they were purely bricks, I would own every single one.

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:23 pm

While I agree with all of the above, sadly I think I'm gonna pick up all of these, including the initial game release pack although I have no intention of actually playing the game nor do I have the console for it.

No wonder TLG's pocket book growing thicker year over year...

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:41 pm

My son is super excited about LEGO dimensions but to be honest (as several of you stated)... I've gotten a little tired of the LEGO games. I want to like them but the gameplay just isn't as satisfying as it should be. I absolutely love being some of my favorite characters though (LOTR characters in that game... Martian Manhunter in Batman Beyond Gotham)... but then the novelty wears off. I'm hoping that the LEGO dimension gameplay is a little better. Although I get super happy seeing characters that i love in minifig form after realizing the price of the packs it makes me question buying any of them simply for the minifigure. The Doctor Who one I can maybe justify because my son and I love Doctor Who. The ghostbuster "add ons" though I'm not so sure. I would love to have the minifigures but I'm not sure its something we would "have to have' for the game. I'm very curious how LEGO dimensions will do in the long run.

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:I have a feeling that by completely flooding the market like they are doing it will lead to the whole line bombing, much like the board games did.
Actually, the board games were a moderate success for several years. The product line wasn't expected to last forever, and it didn't, but while they were making the games many of them were decent sellers.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:09 pm

I really don't think you'll be able to pick up the minifigures cheap in the future. My prediction: Puft will be $28+ and Slimer will be $18+ when this is discontinued. Unless LEGO over produces like crazy (possible). Or the smart business approach is to discontinue before demand is done and release different sets. Like they did for Minifigure Series 1&2. They made a limited amount of them, and increased the production of series 3+. Until Series 6 where they over flooded the market. They scaled back since. You can tell because Series 6 is cheap compared to Series 8/9. They probably study Amiibo and figure out how to market.

I'm finding that I want more of these Dimensions. The cost is crazy so I should stick with the characters I actually want/use and not have full collection. Too bad there is Disney Infinity that gobbles up the Star Wars theme because I want those too, but would prefer to have them all as Dimension.

Update: I've added the Ghostbusters to my preorders. I'm getting roughly half of the stuff announced. I was going to get Dr Who, but with so much to choose from, it is getting cut from my list.

I also have my selection for DIsney Infinity 3.0 in my cart. Will probably pull the trigger on that as well. This is going to be an expensive year; luckily I'm ramping up my eBay sales to compensate.

slipgrid
I'm New !

Post by slipgrid » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:37 am

The pricing seems OK. The three Ghostbuster packages cost about $60 together. That's about the same price of a video game.